Author Topic: Walmart starter shoes...  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Josh S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Walmart starter shoes...
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »
For a decent parkour shoe, well before I can get real good ones, I go to Walmart and get the starter brand of shoes that they have and they work perfectly fine! They have good grip on almost all surfaces but the only down side is the amount of foam padding they have on top of the actual sole. Anyways, does anyone aprove of getting these?

Offline Shadow_Walker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart starter shoes...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:58:08 AM »
Eh...i dont suggest it but its not a horrible idea. just remember that it could encourage poor technique and hurt in the long run. do you have a link to a specific pair your looking at buying?

Offline Ben Moore

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:23:57 AM »
my friend got some shoes from walmart for running shoes.  they lasted a week before the were no good.  Of course we were running about 10 miles a day

Offline Josh S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »
Eh...i dont suggest it but its not a horrible idea. just remember that it could encourage poor technique and hurt in the long run. do you have a link to a specific pair your looking at buying?
Walmart is actually the only place I have been getting my parkour shoes at and I've gotten a few pairs there. I will hopefully get a photo posted of the pair I have right now though.

Offline Rick Krenzien

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
lol i work at walmart and get cheapo shoes from there too. they work for a while but they do wear out fast. but if thats what you have to go with thats fine. i also get a discount so i get them extra cheap lol

Offline J. Gabriel Alvarez Manilla

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »
DUDE!!! I get my PK pants there. These things are great. Thin, tight woven cotton fabric make them light and feel a little crisp to the touch, but the style is pretty unobtrusive, which is just how I like them. You don't really need stretchability on these things, though I get mine to be a bit bigger than I need. All in all, freedom of movement made with pretty solid fabric, at only $17.99. Love these things.

They're the darkish green or light khaki dickies cargo pants that are woven to make small squares on the fabric.
The Great Way is universal,
it can apply to the left or the right.
All beings depend on it for life,
and it does not refuse.

Offline Jacob Carter

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 11:14:34 PM »
Walmart has some decent shoes. In my experience they have decent grip, too much padding, and tear easily, but for a $20 pair of shoes what do you expect? If they work for you then great! Wear them. Right now I'm wearing an extremely beaten up pair of Adidas shoes. Before that a pair of DC skate shoes and before that Airwalk skate shoes. It doesn't matter what shoe you wear as long as they work for you.
Be responsible with your body. You will have it for all of your life. Make it a strong tool. Like bamboo, give it strength, but flexibility. Like water, give it flow, but power. -Adam McC