Author Topic: Is Glendale dead town?  (Read 3353 times)

Offline MiloFox08

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Is Glendale dead town?
« on: March 01, 2009, 02:13:39 PM »
seriously, I've literally heard of hotspots from EVERY single city in Arizona... except Glendale... is there ANYTHING in Glendale at all? so far, the best place I've found was a railing behind a subway next to castles 'n' coasters :\

also, any Traceur's (or the female counterpart, forgot how to spell it xD) in Glendale?

Offline Anthony Ruiz

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Youtube account
Re: Is Glendale dead town?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
if you wanna come to lake havasu we have a pretty big crew growing and a couple nice areas and woudl love to have more people to train with
There is no reason to have a plan B, cause all it does is distract from plan A

Offline MiloFox08

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »
if you wanna come to lake havasu we have a pretty big crew growing and a couple nice areas and woudl love to have more people to train with
damn, I would love to, but I have no way of getting there. I'm pretty poor as it is, so I don't own a car. but hey, I could always TRY and find a way there... any info you can give me? like when, and how often you guys parkour there? and how many people go there?

Offline Anthony Ruiz

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Youtube account
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 10:14:52 PM »
well hit me up on my myspace if you wanna get more info myspace.com/buthomeisnowhere,  we have anwehre from 4 regulars and about 10 off and on gym trainers, and we try to get out about 5 times a week if possible
There is no reason to have a plan B, cause all it does is distract from plan A

Offline James Go used to be Gjould

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »
seriously, I've literally heard of hotspots from EVERY single city in Arizona... except Glendale... is there ANYTHING in Glendale at all? so far, the best place I've found was a railing behind a subway next to castles 'n' coasters :\

also, any Traceur's (or the female counterpart, forgot how to spell it xD) in Glendale?

EVERY city? have you heard of anyone else in sedona?

Offline keianu

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »
im in glendale..basically trying to put a crew together..none of us are experienced..we need someone who knows what their doing to come teach..and i cant really garuntee how many of my friends will really stay but i know if i can get a good teacher in close proximity ill be a regular

Offline knottz44

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 03:59:27 PM »

EVERY city? have you heard of anyone else in sedona?

Haha I've been to Sedona three times before I had heard of free running or Parkour and there are some sick spots there. the main shopping centers and stuff would be GREAT. Populated, but good. And when you go to some view places there are plenty of stair rails and stuff.

Offline TheWielder

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 04:53:02 PM »
A Couple of my Friends and I are trying to get into Parkour. I live in glendale, just off 75th and the 101, and one of my friends lives a couple blocks south, just past Bell. Where are you?

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 07:55:15 AM »
A Couple of my Friends and I are trying to get into Parkour. I live in glendale, just off 75th and the 101, and one of my friends lives a couple blocks south, just past Bell. Where are you?

Hey, I'm in Phoenix, like 10 or 15 minutes away from you (in heavy traffic). I wouldn't mind driving over there to train with you guys if you're interested.
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline TheWielder

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 03:10:56 PM »
Sounds cool. I'll let you know about it! Anyone else around Glendale??

Offline blking

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:14:09 AM »
Hey everyone I just recently moved to Glendale to attend college and I've been in parkour for awhile now, I'm not that great but if anyone wants to start up a group or needs some teaching let me know, im off of 49th and thunderbird but i could prolly run anywhere in Glendale. I also have a car, so if we wanna go other places I can do that as long as you kick in for gas.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:15:41 AM by blking »

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 12:12:50 PM »
Hey everyone I just recently moved to Glendale to attend college and I've been in parkour for awhile now, I'm not that great but if anyone wants to start up a group or needs some teaching let me know, im off of 49th and thunderbird but i could prolly run anywhere in Glendale. I also have a car, so if we wanna go other places I can do that as long as you kick in for gas.

Awesome, man! Where are you going to college, ASU west?

You should get on arizonaparkour.com and see if anybody is closer to you, or just introduce yourself and become a part of the AZPK community. We're always looking for more people to come to jams and other meetups.

I'm on 24th and Greenway, not TOO far from you, and I have transpo, so we should definitely train some time.
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline blking

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 01:27:15 PM »
Yea I'm at ASU West, i posted up on azpk today, yea you're not THAT far, i might actually go out later on tonight after it cools down some if you wanna come with, walking around campus today theres a lot of places for some experimenting, campus police werent happy to find me on the roof though