As it's summer, I decided I'm going to start doing some body weight training. Below are my goals. I don't have a time frame on them, and some will be done a lot sooner than others, but hey, they're still good goals.GoalsSkills
Be able to dash vaultHandstands
15 second freestanding handstandPushing
45 second frog-stand
5 one-armed pushups (each arm)Pulling
30-second tuck leverCore
Solid 60-second tucked L-sitLegs
Jump up onto this one wall thing in my park.
20 pistols (per leg)Stretches
100 jumping jacks
15 push ups
10 free jump squatsSkill Work
Jog to park in neighborhood
20 kong vaults (preferably in new places, if possible)
20 speed vaults (preferably in new places, if possible)
20 monkey vaults (preferably in new places, if possible)
30 rolls (concrete)
Practice dash vaultsPushing
Frog (until too tired / lightheaded to continue)
Push ups (one leg up, sets of twenty [10 per leg] )Pulling
Max pull ups (3 sets of three or so)
Tuck lever (until too tired / lightheaded to continue)Core
Tucked L-sit (until too tired to continue)Legs
Jumping squat (until too tired to continue)
Pistols (until too tired to continue, 10 per leg)Cooldown
What do you guys think? How well do these workouts translate into my goals? Also, a couple of questions:
1) what days should I do which parts of the workout? Should I do push and core one day, pulls and legs another day? What combination should I do them?
2) I fail at running, but want to improve that. I read the article on improving running form we've got here, but I'm curious on how to actually progress. How do I work to improve my running form? How often should I do which exercises? The article mentions exercises, and what running should be like, but it doesn't really say how to get there.
Thanks so much!EDIT
I just got home from doing this workout (just push and pull, not core or legs) and I have a couple comments that, hopefully, you guys could address.
1. Is it good to do the skill work at the beginning? I did it, but I don't know if it actually contributed to my workout.
2. Are we only supposed to do the two workouts per section? I practiced the frog tuck, but didn't really feel like I was building muscle. What can I change?
3. I could only do a few pull ups (maybe 5 total) and couldn't do the tuck lever at all. How would I go about building into the tucked lever? If not that, what can I do instead to improve my pull ups?