Based on a one hour class time, here's my breakdown based on teaching classes the last year and a half.
1) 2-5min of discussing what Parkour is, what Parkour is not (ie, jumping off rooftops), and the relationship it has to everyday life and other sports/activites.
2) 5-10min of warmups and basic exercises or drills, including stationary jumps, pushups, and legs kicks/arm swings.
3) 5min of demonstration for the techniques or skills to be learned. For instance, showing what proper landings are, precision jumps, QM, or low-level vaults.
4) 30-35min of practice, giving tips and instruction as needed. The easiest way to run it is to have a line and each person does the activity in turn.
5) 5-10min of cooling down, stretching, and answering questions.
Usually the order of teaching techniques goes...
- Landings (Regular two foot, slap out, rolls)
- QM and rail balance/walking
- Precision Jumps