Author Topic: Any traceurs in Fredericksburg/Stafford/Woodbridge area?  (Read 8896 times)

Offline eat_vegz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Any traceurs in Fredericksburg/Stafford/Woodbridge area?
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:15:49 AM »
I've been reading about this parkour stuff for a couple of months, and I'd like to give it a shot.  What sucks is I live in Stafford County, VA, which is about an hour from both DC and Richmond, which is simply too far to drive on a regular basis (esp. when you're broke!).

So is anyone out there a little closer to me interested in teaching me some parkour? ;x

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Any traceurs in Fredericksburg/Stafford/Woodbridge area?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 05:14:54 AM »
Matt/Wolf lives in Fredericksburg when he's not in school at GMU.  Spend time training on your own and travel that hour to Richmond or DC for scheduled jams.  Personally, I probably average 45 minutes travel time to all the jams I've been to.

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 11:25:25 AM »
gear lives in orange, thats a bit closer to you i believe  ;)

Offline W0LF

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:40:25 PM »
First time back on the forums in a while. But Yeah I live in Stafford County when I'm not at school.

Offline konfydence_parkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:32:50 PM »
i live in fredericksburg.
i havent been on the forums in a long time, but im looking to start PK up again im getting lazy.

Offline W0LF

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 04:37:54 PM »
Dude I like how I always miss these guys that pop up in my hometown... AAAAUUUGH

Offline TheBoyWonder

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »
I live in Stafford County. A couple of my buddies and I do parkour. We train around UMW or downtown Fredricksburg sometimes, but the bulk of it is around the courthouse area.

Offline kirkaj

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 12:09:29 PM »
Hey guys I'm new to parkour and I was looking to learn the basics. I live in Spotsy. I go to VMI (only for this semester, nexy semster I'll be going to VCU), but I was hoping that either dring my thanksgiving furlough  Nov. 20-26 or when the semester's over (Dec 18th) I might be able to met up wih some guys to start learning.

-Andrew

Offline Marshall Cent Lewis

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 09:31:13 AM »
Hey guys I'm new to parkour and I was looking to learn the basics. I live in Spotsy. I go to VMI (only for this semester, nexy semster I'll be going to VCU), but I was hoping that either dring my thanksgiving furlough  Nov. 20-26 or when the semester's over (Dec 18th) I might be able to met up wih some guys to start learning.

Well if you're interested, on Nov 24th, we're having a jam in Richmond.  Just post back on here if ur interested or call/text me. my num is 804.305.0943.  Hope to see you there
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Offline Rob "Robulus" Hoover

• Patas
  • LiveAndMove.net
    • View Profile
    • LiveAndMove.net
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 05:51:53 PM »
yea.... I'm in Dale City and anxious to jam.... I'm also an MWC alum and can't wait to work out some moves on those bricks between Melchers and Student Center..... I spend most of my time on my own working on techniques on playgrounds... the mulch makes for soft landings... I even made a pair of pipes to practice precision jumps..

I've been to 1 session at Primal Fitness and learned enough there to work out on my own and reinforce what Skipper, Mark, and Brian taught me... it was WELL worth the 30 minute drive to Springfield metro and the 1 hour ride into DC.... I can't make it every weekend but my goal is once a month... seriously, make the effort, you won't regret it! 

If anyone wants to carpool, I'm game... not sure about the parking in NW near Primal Fitness, but it would certainly cut down on commute time!

Rob
in Him we live and move and have our being...

Offline TraverK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 08:23:20 PM »
Wassup guys, I read about parkour in CNNSI and really want to give it a shot. I'm going to start training around my neighborhood's playgrounds and stuff.

I live in Quantico which is smack dab in the middle of Woodbridge and Stafford. Hit me up if yall are gonna go for a run and would tolerate a complete noob.

Le Parkour: No Obstacles Only Opportunities

Offline bshino

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »
I was curious, because i was trying to get started, but is PA a really good source to at least get the basics?
Training must be such that in a real situation you react right away.
-David Belle

Offline Blansher

• Guenons
  • Spiritual Creamyness
    • View Profile
    • ParkourVirginia.com
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »
yeah i live in woodbridge , and ay when is this jam you speak of???
"Ever see someone yelling insane things about the apocalypse on street corners in the city?

This is the online version."  -Andy Keller-

STpsycho

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 12:40:58 PM »
I know this is an older post, but Im moving to Stafford, VA next week, and Im down to jam any day but Wednesday/Thursday nights (class).  Hit me up anyone 919-Two2nine-33nine8.   ;D

Offline Alex

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • ello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 04:55:41 PM »
Hey, this is kinda old, but I live in woodbridge and would love to teach you what I know, I'm Alex by the way, so message me and let's practice sometime!
Run through me, see the flow that will take you to your fate. Slip past the everyday barriers that prevent your creativity from blooming and fly, free as a bird till next we meet. For you Indy I miss you.

Offline STpsycho.

• Guenons
  • John-Henry Lane Jr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 06:23:28 AM »
Im going to be in Fredricksburg around 1130 today  if anybody trains there hit me up, trying to get some people together for a lil session no biggie.
"In real Parkour, there’s no flip. The goal is to keep it simple, efficient and to train movements in which you trust" -David Belle

Offline STpsycho.

• Guenons
  • John-Henry Lane Jr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15:55 AM »
trying to train some today at Mary Washington University in Fredricksburg, VA. anyone in the area?
"In real Parkour, there’s no flip. The goal is to keep it simple, efficient and to train movements in which you trust" -David Belle

Offline adrian jay mcmanus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »
Theres a gym in alexandria that teaches parkour and free running. Its called urban evolution its pretty cool and its pretty cheap. They also teach teach break dancing and all that cool stuff. check it out. i go there every saterday and i live in woodbridge.