Author Topic: if anyone is interested...  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
if anyone is interested...
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:39:08 PM »
I just started the parkour club at my school, montgomery blair highschool about 2 miles from downtown silverspring. I would like to be able for the first day to be able to give a demo of some sort, however I think it might be better if someone who could for example, roll on cement, do at least part of the demo.
I would hopefully be able to articulate the philosophy/idea behind parkour in a way that draws students who are serious about it, while still communicating safety and respect to the public environment.

Anyway if anyone feels inclined to help me out thats fine, if not I'll push onwards and hopefully overcome any obstacles.

Offline Nick Mavis

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: if anyone is interested...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:44:43 AM »
I may be able to help you out (if a Silver Spring session is involved right after ;)). but it depends on my schedule might be hard to work out.
"Life is movement. Move to dream"

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
    • BEST PARKOUR DOCUMENTARY EVER!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 11:19:40 AM »
what time and on what day(s) would you want any help?

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 11:24:17 AM »
whatever works really i can work around schedules i think, but probly from at most 2:10 to 3:30 i think, i think it would be either thursday or monday i think.

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
Ok well with that kind of timing i would say the best bet for you and your club would be to get permission from your parents and make it a field trip to go to a jam on a Sunday.  Call the jam yourself or i'll call it and get a bunch of your guys out there.  I'd honestly love to help because I really like teaching parkour but with that timing there's just no way I’d be able to get off work.

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »
okay  well i guess thatll work, umm im not sure how club field trips really work, also i was thinking it would be for the first club meeting and i dont think i could hold it outside of school. also some kids who might want to be in it would be busy or unable to reach the jam.

who knows though

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 07:51:45 PM »
Well the only thing you can do is do it and hope for the best. Good luck with it and if there's anything i can do to help let me know.