Author Topic: KSU/manhattan  (Read 9766 times)

Offline stan banas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Aero Parkour
KSU/manhattan
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:46:26 PM »
I just got stationed at Ft. Riley and while driving through KSU last weekend I saw some traceurs, wondering if it was anyone who posts here. Also, I'm looking for that crew that would be out at the KSU area regularly. I don't have a mode of getting out there yet, but that won't take to long. Let me know via reply here or pm some info on the area.

Offline spydamonkey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • mythic
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: KSU/manhattan
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 06:11:05 PM »
Really?!?! U saw traceurs over there?  Then I definitely can't wait to go out there.  I'm stuck at UMKC for architecture over in KCMO atm, but after next year, the program transfers me over to KSU.
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it."
"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water."
"Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."

Offline Nemesis

• Guenons
  • $h00p d4 wh00p!
    • View Profile
    • The F.O.G. parkour/freerunning
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 09:41:02 AM »
i'm going to KSU too! it'll be 3 more yrs but hey! we could start a group
Free Of Gravity...
The F.O.G. parkour/free running
youtube.com/TheFOGpkfr

Offline stan banas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Aero Parkour
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:36:28 PM »
Alright, really, I need to find someone near the K-State campus that knows about parkour. I've seen a couple, I promise. Let me know if anyone knows of a personal site they may have, or if you are one of those people I probably saw.

Offline XTatiC

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »
I say you all jump in your vehicles and motor on down to lawrence KS and i will be on that s*** in an instant! you too KC guys!, we'll meet in the middle!

Offline stan banas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Aero Parkour
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 11:53:13 AM »
So, I'm still looking for people around the KSU/manhattan/Ft. Riley area to PK with, hit me up on here, leave a message or something, reply, anything if your interested. A trip out to Lawerence isn't that crazy either, it isn't that far from me.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 10:51:37 PM »
Ok I use to live in Fort Riley (Milford/Junction City) area; and I visit my dad every summer, so if anybody would like to get together please let me know!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline stan banas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Aero Parkour
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 05:14:36 AM »
Yeah, definately. I'm posted on Ft. Riley right now and weekends are free for me most of the time. If your down this Saturday or Sunday just let me know and we can go check out K-state or any other spots you might now of.

Offline Ben Sachs

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 08:00:46 PM »
Sorry, I haven't looked at apk in a while. It was probably our group, pk central, that you saw training on campus. We haven't been going as much recently but we still manage to train about once a week. We will be on campus Wednesday afternoon starting at about 3:30, and probably on Saturday or Sunday as well. I hope you can come with us.

Offline proflashrtist

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Giggidy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »
this is a long shot but i have to try.  I am not only new to the sport im new to the area.  2 hours or more to Kansas City is a little much for me to drive just to get to the gym to pk with ppl and learn..  Is there anyone around this area that is going solo, might want to take a rookie under their wing?  I have previous martial arts exp.  so some of the rolls and flips come natural to me.    Just looking to get any info i can along the wayhttp://

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 07:29:10 PM »
Definitely coming to visit this upcoming weekend, I will be staying in Junction City so if anybody is serious about meeting up please let me know, if not then I will be roaming around Fort Riley/J.C./Milford Lake/Manhattan. Let me know ASAP of any interest!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline adpatr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 05:18:40 AM »
Hey guys I'm a student at K-State and I want to start training in parkour as well. If anyone is in a group or is training solo let me know, I'm trying to learn on my own but it would be great to go out with someone who has experience. I'm open pretty much any day in the afternoon/evening.

Adam

Offline spydamonkey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • mythic
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
hey adam, I'm a ksu student too.  It's been a while since I've trained, but I've had some experience.  I'm currently on the injured list cause I sprined my ankle doing backflips, but as soon as I'm healed we should meet up.  This goes for anyone else in the Manhattan area, let's get something started, I know they used to have a group of traceurs out here, but i guess they all dispersed.  and if you wanna meet up just to get to know each other, i'm down for that too
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it."
"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water."
"Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."

Offline adpatr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 07:54:44 AM »
Ya that sounds good dude. I haven't been able to practice much lately because I've also been injured. I've also been more focused on getting ready for my PT test for ROTC (running, pushups, situps). I would definitely be down for getting together a few times after Thanksgiving Break.

Offline SamR

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:22 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=strozelly&search_type=&aq=f

This is for whoever wants to see what the campus is like for parkour, there are some great spots, and this is old footage, they've added more to campus, and its even better know. Just a word of warning, we got told by a campus policeman that parkour is against campus policy, and nobody is supposed to practice it on the campus. So, even though we respect their wishes, I would say that the small stuff, like everything in the videos, is okay, but don't get up on any rooftops. You can get arrested for that.

Offline stan banas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Aero Parkour
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 05:17:47 PM »
Just got back to the states, and KSU is back in session now. Any new traceurs in the area, or old ones that would like to run around manhattan sometime and train, let me know and we can hook up for a jam.

Offline Nearswordman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 12:16:44 AM »
I'm a student at KSU and am starting ot get into Parkour as a fun method of exercise. I would love to find some people/students ether on campus of in the area to train with. I was over at Throckmorton Hall the other night practicing cat hangs.

Offline TheFloyd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 07:35:28 AM »
Hey, I'm about to move to the KSU area, I don't really know anyone in the area and don't have any good social groups to get involved with yet. I was wondering if you guys had finally put together a Parkour group I could join.

Offline KSUGuy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
If anyone in this group or the Manhattan area is still wanting to get together to train I am sill looking for people to train with together. I am rally interested in starting a group to meet regularly. So let me know if anyone is interested.