Author Topic: COPK National Jam - See other thread  (Read 24990 times)

Offline Brian Orosco

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Re: COPK National Jam - August 8-10
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2008, 01:59:28 PM »
Also, can we get an official schedule up? I don't mean to nag, but it's difficult for us out-of-towners to plan if we don't know where/when we'll be.

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2008, 03:01:59 PM »
I dunno how much bearing this will have on the official scheduling, butt...

on Aug. 8 I'm not done with exams until like 4. So hold off on super awesome stuff until then.

also I'm no official organizer or anything, but I'd assume the schedule would be some combination of: Jamming on campus for a day, Red Rocks for a day, and Denver for a day. Seems like that allows for the most awesome spot "hittage."
“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton

Offline BloodHawk

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
btw. are we going to have permission to use these sites?
quiet people have something to hide...

Offline Jesse Clark

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement Loveland
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2008, 05:59:27 AM »
For those planning, make sure to check up on concerts at Red Rocks. (Hopefully no one is touring at that time.)

Whether you believe you can do it or you believe you can't; you're right.

Offline Brian Orosco

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2008, 11:32:33 AM »
Just checked the schedule. There are shows on Friday and Saturday, which means Sunday may be our only option. But that is also assuming crews aren't in "tear down" mode in which case we probly won't be able to hit up the stage, kinda like last year. The park itself is still a worthy reason to go there though. I say we go to Red Rocks on Sunday. And if CU has finals on Friday, maybe we should go there on Saturday.

Proposed schedule:
Fri: Denver?
Sat: Boulder
Sun: Red Rocks

Can I get a yay or nay on this from a COPK organizer? Don't mean to steal your thunder. Just trying to get things moving since we're less than a month away and still don't have a solid plan.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:36:45 AM by NoSole »

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »
Ima go ahead and say yay on NoSole's sched, or at least to Saturday being CU day.
“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton

Offline Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2008, 09:08:22 PM »
I think that's a good schedule, but I also think that matt is going tp be working on the schedule for the next few days... we should know the 'official' schedule before next week (i hope)

P.S. I will probably be providing rides to and fro. just a heads up. If anyone that does get a ride with me could spot some gas change, that's be awesome... later...

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »
This thread has managed to do the unthinkable in bringing me out of hibernation.  I am considerably out of practice, but I will most certainly be at this jam.  If this thing turns out to be anywhere close to as epic as last year, we are all in for a tremendous treat. :) 

The hostel I stayed at last year with team Moz was the Melbourne  http://www.denverhostel.com/.  One of the managers was very bitter, but the other was very helpful and kind.  It was fairly cheap at around $12 a night and it was decently clean too.  Overall it is a pretty good place to stay for any of you out of towners.  I would look into it fast, it'll book quick with the convention if it hasn't already.

I'm excited to see you all there, looks like I'll have to get back into the motions after all  :)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline BloodHawk

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2008, 12:03:37 PM »
does anyone know where we willl be on saturday? (the only day i can go.... :( )
quiet people have something to hide...

Offline Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »
Just a heads-up, we may want to think about not going to skyline on Friday the 8th....

http://www.downtowndenver.com/events/SkylineParkSummerConcerts.htm

here's why... >.<

Offline Brian Orosco

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2008, 12:23:47 PM »
Well, unfortunately, I think from all the talk of the convention, concerts, running water in the fountain, etc. Skyline may be difficult to organize. I haven't seen a great deal of downtown, but it might be worth while to plan for other locations, then if Skyline is doable it can just be a bonus. Or maybe even substitute another location for Denver altogether. Just thinking out loud here.

I realize I'm probly nagging by now, but can we please get an official schedule? I know it may not seem like too big of a deal, but it's very difficult to try to gather other west coasters for the trip when all we have is a vague outline. Sorry to keep harping on that.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
as a member of the COPK community, i can also say the lack of a definitive schedule is putting a strain on me and a lot of other people i have coming in here... :\

who exactly is taking up the scheduling task?

Offline Tom Coppola

• Hirundo Rustica
  • TomewardBound
    • View Profile
    • Florida Parkour
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
agreed.  its less than a month away and many of us are spending a good deal of money on traveling with hardly any information of what we'll be dealing with when we get there. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGJ-vaW0Uw

When faced with the stress of a life-threatening engagement, we don't rise to the occasion, we descend to our level of training.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »
Friday - CU Boulder (Training for whoever is around early)
Saturday - Downtown Denver (Main Event)
Sunday - Red Rocks Amphitheater (Main Event)
Monday - School of Mines (Training for whoever stays late)

Meeting times every day will be around 10 AM. There will also be BBQs and other cool stuff to do. More detailed plans to come soon.