Author Topic: Forum Rules  (Read 28885 times)

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Forum Rules
« on: November 12, 2005, 02:46:15 AM »
I want to put something up. There are 1,001 things to be done on this site, hopefully we can spend more time adding content than making rules :)

Rules

The first rule Will be the golden rule, treat people with respect and as you would like to be treated.

The second rule will be see rule #1.

The third rule will be no discussion of religion or politics, and no religious or political or offensive sigs, avatars, etc.

The fourth rule will be that people using offensive language (direct at someone, not just the occasional cussword) will be warned, and if necessary banned temporarily and then permanently.

Play nice and we won't have any problems. Speak your mind, but do it with respect and dignity.

Moderation

The best form of moderation in a society is that by peers. In other words, if you know that any citizen of the society has as much right to "bust" you as the cops, then you generally behave. :)

Now, this will sound harsh to some people, but if you think about it, only to the people who intend on breaking the rules.

Anyway, the point is this, use common courtesy and common sense in your posts, and chances are you'll never even be "moderated". There is however a method which every member of the community can use if there is an offensive, spam, or otherwise questionable post. In the corner of each topic is a "report to moderator" button.

Please use this whenever you feel something doesn't belong, and keep our forums free from spam!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:15:39 PM by Ryan Ford »
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
Re: Forum Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 06:53:55 PM »
good, just the basic rules, not all the rules that say no ugly people allowed and stuff.  :P

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 09:42:58 PM »
New rule added, thanks for stepping up to be my example so quickly!!

Please keep serious posts in serious topics. Sure, at some point things go off topic and people have fun, but let's keep that mainly in the socializing thread, there's no place for it in a thread about rules, or FAQs or movements, or any of the normal conversation threads to discuss ideas.

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline bikket

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 08:06:57 AM »
Please don't take offense, but:

With all due respect, it is grossly irresponsible to disallow political discussions.  Necessity trumps comfort.
Know when you are shooting at your own foot.

Offline DravenValentine

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »
agreed

Offline Jesse Clark

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement Loveland
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »

With all due respect, it is grossly irresponsible to disallow political discussions.  Necessity trumps comfort.

Talk about that on your own time, not on forums designed for the purpose of discussing parkour/free running related things.
Whether you believe you can do it or you believe you can't; you're right.

Offline bjkpersonal@aim.com

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 10:31:54 PM »

Talk about that on your own time, not on forums designed for the purpose of discussing parkour/free running related things.

There is a strictly social board completely separated from Parkour-related topics.  I get the whole argument part, but for things relevant (like "Should Parkour be banned in certain places?"), is it okay to expand and converse about them?

Non-relevant to the quote, I think it's acceptable to swear in two situations, but I don't want to offend the moderator(s).  I say "shit" when it really is applicable, and I still use words like "stuff" and "things".  Also, I say "ass" when acknowledging the hind end.  Are those okay on APK boards?

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 08:41:35 AM »
          Non-relevant to the quote, I think it's acceptable to swear in two situations, but I don't want to offend the moderator(s).  I say "shit" when it really is applicable, and I still use words like "stuff" and "things".  Also, I say "ass" when acknowledging the hind end.  Are those okay on APK boards?

Those are fine. It's pretty much only that we don't want swear words directed at individual people or groups. Using them without a particular target is okay.
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline AF Stryker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • A.K.A. Kevin McMahon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 10:33:44 AM »
          There is a strictly social board completely separated from Parkour-related topics.  I get the whole argument part, but for things relevant (like "Should Parkour be banned in certain places?"), is it okay to expand and converse about them?

I am sure you are probably not going to come back and read this, but by no political talk i am sure that it meant, no debates on candidates and views and such. As to legalities and certain sections and codes of law you may be violating, that should be ok to to discuss. 

i_am_BIKKET

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 06:54:29 PM »

yeah man im on to you..use your own name on forums,,,your laim...FAIL                                                                                                                                                                           

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 08:26:02 AM »
You got the second rule from Karate Kid 2!

Offline Jordan Strybos

• Man of Skochy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • PKGA
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
You got the second rule from Karate Kid 2!

And/or Fight Club.

Offline Amy101492

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 06:52:16 PM »
I agree! We may rebel but that does not make anyone better than anyone else. Be respectful! :] ::)
From my creator, you gave me life now show me how to live
[/color]
Parkourhardcore7

Offline montgomery

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
good stuff
love is my religion, i would die for it.

Offline Chris Hoye

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • And then, we danced.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »
No religious or politics? But where will I talk about the relations between Jesus and Obama?
HAHAHA just kidding, that's annoying. That is the best rule created by anyone ever.

Offline Aceofspades52

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 06:29:01 AM »
What about flaming, and feeding the flame wars? Do you think there should be a rule about that?

Offline zayn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • i dont like real pics. They steal ur SOUL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 07:50:21 AM »
What about flaming, and feeding the flame wars? Do you think there should be a rule about that?
flaming is good to a point, plain out dissing someone isnt kool though, if someone is talking out their ass, politely tell them why or how their reason is wrong and tell them why you think this/example to back it....flaming lets us understand our flaws.
example statement: "hey i found a kong is better when starting from a foot or 2 away"

example of what not to say (im making up this sentence no one said it to my knowledge)
"your a dumbass, kongs suck, do a sidevault instead you moron"

what should be said
: "kongs are good, but in that instance i think a sidevault would sufice...its safer and allows you to smoothly transition to the next obstical" just be polite
I am the prophet nemesis. Guardian of the Nexus and void. God of death.

"free-ur mind" morphious
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" Sensei England and Sensei Geroge -miss them alot-
http://teamnexus.moogo.com/
http://teamnexus13.webs.com/

Offline BIG MAN

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 09:52:14 AM »
i appreciate the way you do stuff here

Offline Desiree

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »
Sounds good, and makes plenty of sense. No reason to challenge quality rules. :)
Parkour is my drug, and all I wanna do is go light up.

Offline Justice Rivera

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Follow The Wind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »
Check, check and check. (: