Author Topic: Introduce yourself LA  (Read 20130 times)

Offline JohnParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Yawn...
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Nola
Introduce yourself LA
« on: January 12, 2008, 05:58:20 PM »
Yo,
I am John, this thread is for everyone living in or visiting Louisiana. Please post who you are, your experience, also if and when you our availible to meet. 

I am from Cinci living in LA. I started a group called Parkour Nola.  I have been training regular for over a year now.  I also take M.Arts and play club soccer. I am 23, work construction and HFH.  I am availble on some week days and most weekends.  I know the city well, if you need to know just ask.

If you are in the Big Easy ever check us out at: http://parkour.meetup.com/107/

We are looking for people who can film and photograph.
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." Confucius

Erebus Dunasthai

Re: Introduce yourself LA
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »
Hey mate,

The name's Colby but everyone knows me as Shado. I'm located down south, Lafayette area, and we have a pretty decent crew around here. It's a group of about 4 and i guess our skill level is decent. We aren't perfect but we're not complete noobs.

This summer is pretty much gunna be constant training. We all are traceurs, 3 of us are gymnasts and trickers, and 2 of us are in Kung Fu (Lung Fa). We're pretty much up for anything you throw at us, so give us a shout and we can see about getting together, due to the fact that my dad lives in Shreveport...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:39:36 AM by Shado »

Offline JohnParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Yawn...
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Nola
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:53:05 AM »
Yo,

You guys have to give me a call. 5137630689.  I have been doing parkour for a year consitanly. I run atleast three times a week I practice on my own gym mats and I also take an adult gymnastics coarse at a local gymnastics center every once an awhile.  This weekend we are planning something downtown and would love some more company.  Hit me up here or like I said call me up.  Also you can check out our site.

http://parkour.meetup.com/107/

Erebus Dunasthai

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »
your localized around new orleans...right?

i can drive...but not that far. not just for a random weekend thing u know. so if ya'll are gunna be downtown NEW ORLEANS, then i doubt we'll be there...

if its downtown lafayette, i'm definately up. either call 337-780-9835...or 337-349-0789...leave a message if i'm not at either one of those...

Erebus Dunasthai

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 08:25:13 AM »
alright man, we have a higher possibiblity of us coming this weekend...i'll hit you up with some more details later. the only complications we might have is one of our members has a baseball game saturday afternoon so i dont know how well he would take skipping it...

if you want...it would be kewl if you could pm me the details of areas and places of intrest...times and whatnot...if you could, it would make things easier over here...

Keep Moving

Shado
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:40:03 AM by Shado »

Erebus Dunasthai

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »
this weekend is no go...are you all by anychance open next weekend? there are to many problems to work around for us to get out there this weekend...sorry

Offline JohnParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Yawn...
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Nola
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 11:56:23 PM »
Yo

Yeah this weekend and next weekend I am diffently planning something.  Right now I want to keep it simple just so we can all meet.  I am planning on meeting at zypher park on the stadium side either sat or sun. Depending on when everyone is free. So if you can make I am going to try to call you this week or you can call me.
513-763-0689

Late
John
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:58:37 PM by JohnParkour »

Offline spine85

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 10:49:32 AM »
Hey it's chris I just got on here today.

Erebus Dunasthai

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:52 PM »
hey man, it colby from last weekend...

hows everything going over there?

Offline spine85

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
I heard about your friend being lost in the Gulf. Sorry about that. I hope they find him OK. I won't make it to Baton Rouge this weekend because I'm pretty much being kicked out of where I live, and I'll be staying with my uncle for a while. But it comes with a price, I have to work on the weekends around the house (katrina killed it). So I might be able to make it to BR say one weekend a month. Don't worry, I still train everyday. Can you give me your myspace address cause I wanna show some people the video of the French Quarter.

Erebus Dunasthai

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »
my camera messed us all up cuz i cant edit movs...

www.myspace.com/daemonofdunasthai

Offline spine85

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 01:15:38 PM »
Nice page. If you can save your video as a file you can edit it on your computer.

Erebus Dunasthai

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 07:48:08 PM »
i cant make a sampler out of it...so id have to upload 26 movies to youtube...

that would take forever

Offline spine85

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 07:52:51 AM »
This might help:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

Windows movie maker should already be on your comp. (I think its free if not)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 07:55:18 AM by spine85 »

Offline JohnParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Yawn...
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Nola
Parkour Nola
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »
yo

I ve been tryn to get a hold of yall,  sorry for flakin out a little my knee has healed up good so I am ready to get back in it.  I am gonna be back up at martial arts this week and I am running again.  I am tryn to set up a meet in BR this month so we can scout it out to find some good spots to meet regulary. I hope we get this done soon I want to start training hard to make somthing like colorado possible this summer.  If you guys cant make it anytime soon I wouldnt mind checkin yall out in Lafayette to pay yall back for comon all the way down here to the N.O. Hit me up anytime, ight have a good one

Late

John
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:25:41 PM by JohnParkour »

Offline lostgenius

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 09:07:48 AM »
What's going on everyone? I'm very new to parkour, but I wanna learn. I am athletic, been taking martial arts for a while if that helps. Basically I'm looking for any groups in the central louisiana area. Also if anyone wants to meet up, give me some pointers that'd be great. I've been reading the tutorial stuff, but trial and error, practice, and a little guidance always works best. You can hit me up at:

lostgenius@gmail.com

Hope to see you all on the streets.

~Efrain

Offline iowania

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »
hey i just moved here from iowa. going to be here for the next year and a half about. anyways i already met one kid here. i live in port allen so if anyone else is nearby or whatever just let me know something maybe we can train or what ever.

nice to meet all you and so forth =]

Offline kolchin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 09:14:14 AM »
Hey, Kolchin here.

Located at LSU. I'm completely new to parkour - saw B13 and read a few tutorials. But I used to do a bunch of martial arts, so I'm not finding the fitness bit too hard.
Potential means nothing

Offline thewoogier

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 08:29:40 AM »
Im in Ruston, on LATECH campus and Im pretty new into this. I'm fit and can do some moves, but im in the process of learning as many new ones as I can. Cant do flips and stuff but wouldnt mind learning how.  Message if theres anyone in Ruston

Offline parkourkidJAMES

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »
Hey im James and i live in baton rouge and im 12 years old I want to meet up with some more experienced parkour people.