Author Topic: better rolls  (Read 1803 times)

Offline spydamonkey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • mythic
    • View Profile
    • myspace
better rolls
« on: December 23, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »
since its winter n all, i thought of posting this.  anyways i did a roll on the snow and it left the print of the roll on the snow.  and I noticed people have problems rolling directly over their spine.  so a way to see if you're doin it right or wrong, just do a roll on the snow, and if the print is perfectly straight, then you're doin it wrong, but if you body is shown more diagnol, than you're doing it rite. jus thought of passin that on
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it."
"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water."
"Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
Re: better rolls
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:52:27 AM »
hmm...im gonna tell my friends about this...i think it'll help them for their rolls...i mean we have more than enough snow here year round in florida haha

but thats actually not a bad idea...its better than the idea of rolling in the mud haha
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline johnster988

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 11:58:38 AM »
ha i was doing dive rolls onto snow awhile back and i wore through the snow and i thought there was grass underneath but it turned out there was concrete which i found out with when i messed up a diveroll and landed on my head  :-\    moral of the story- make sure to A) use a different spot every time or B) do it on snow covered grass not concrete
Parkour has helped me grow as much mentally as it has physically.

Offline H3LlIoN

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
hmm...im gonna tell my friends about this...i think it'll help them for their rolls...i mean we have more than enough snow here year round in florida haha

but thats actually not a bad idea...its better than the idea of rolling in the mud haha

wet sand homie.  ;)
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.