Author Topic: Confucius Say...  (Read 1788 times)

Offline --Edge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I Am Heaven Sent, Don't You Dare Forget.
    • View Profile
Confucius Say...
« on: December 22, 2007, 09:10:31 PM »
Man stuck in pantry have butt in jam...

Speaking of jam. Is anybody planning any jams in or near downtown Denver between now and the end of the year?

I recently moved here from Houston, and I'm currently working hard at my conditioning for Parkour, but I don't want the snow and cold to be an excuse to not get out and practice, but it's so much more difficult alone. If anyone wants to jam any day of the week, at any time, I'm free. I have an extremely flexible schedule, so just let me know!

I just started, but I have a knack for things, so I should be able to keep up. Other than the altitude killing me, which I'm trying to adapt to.

Speaking of which, is there any way to help with that? Acclimating to the altitude here? Houston is basically sea level, so my moderately not so bad shape took a sharp turn to sucking air shape when I got here. Or is it simply training and conditioning until I get used to it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Confucius Say...
Traceur who Vault in front of cars going to get tired.
Traceur who Vault behind cars going to get exhausted.
Traceur who make sloppy Precision Jump to rail, going to Bangkok.
Traceur who is smart never try to Kong a Unicorn.

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
Re: Confucius Say...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 06:30:40 AM »
Heya Edge!
I'm back at sea level (MA) for the holiday break...

When we moved to CO a few years back, it definitely took a few weeks to acclimatize. In about two weeks at most, you should see your body catching up and adapting to the "thin air" in Colorado. The simple answer is that your body produces more red blood cells so that it can keep and carry more oxygen at once. The complex answer is beyond my capabilities.

In the mean time, just drink a lot of water and keep getting out there...your body will catch up  ;)

Oh, and if you get headaches or get dizzy, sit down and rest!!

As for jams during the winter...I am taking a hiatus from the Friday Denver jams...but some of the younglings are still keeping it up I believe. There is also a bunch of open gyms in the area and of course, the COPK classes up in Boulder every Saturday..very worth coming to if you want to improve your skills and conditioning!!!

See you out there!!

Cheers
Jim
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb