Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 532357 times)

Offline JMac32

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #440 on: September 02, 2007, 03:43:12 PM »
Hey guys im new my name is joe. im 12 yrs old im turning 13 on sep 7th
i live in iowa, there really isnt much parkour around here. i would like to get really good at parkour, nice to meet u guys

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 02, 2007, 03:56:33 PM »
well joe, you will have to be the man to step up, and make the parkour around there :)

Offline Makoa

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 05, 2007, 06:14:53 AM »
Hello American traceurs and traceuses, and all the international practitioners who realize APk is a great resource.  :D
Been training and loving it since April 2007, in New York City.
To the New York Parkour guys, it's Tom.

Offline SurfSwell17

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 05, 2007, 10:55:36 AM »
 ;D Hey I am Wesley from Wilmington DE looking for something better than cross country

Offline Meoya

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 10, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »
Hello all, My name is TAz, I'm a 14 year old girl from Ohio, I love all kinds of spots, but I wanted to find somthing a bit more my style, I'm not majorly into competition, so I have some difficulty in other sports, but I'm hoping that Parkour is the sport for me!

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 10, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »
Hi Meoya, I am from Ohio too. If you are anywhere near Columbus, you are welcome to come train with the OSU Parkour Club anytime you like. There is another girl on our team who is now training regularly, so you wouldn't be the only female. :)

Offline 4LAO

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2007, 08:36:57 AM »
Hey, I'm Benjamin from Portland, Or.  I'm 18, I went on my first Parkour jam with the group here about a year and a half ago.

Offline Corey Cedeno

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2007, 09:00:07 AM »
ello all! I am bill from nashville tennessee, not many people around here even know what this is but i am trying. I started in rock climbing and then buildering and so on untill i got to this, what a blast. anyways if your in tennessee or coming to tennessee hit me up i have a few paths in nashville (yes i climbed the bat building) but always looking to learn.
cheers
bill

Same thing happened with me, run fast and climb hard dude. 

There are several people in the Nashville area.  Check out our TN forums.

Offline magus1230

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »
im new to this, and im not iin great health, but not the worst health, how long should i expect to train before i actuly consider practicing parkour?

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 12, 2007, 10:08:34 AM »
A combination of regular conditioning and working out, coupled with learning parkour basics will do the trick. When starting out with the actual parkour practice, keep it simple, at ground level, and make sure you always stretch and warm up before launching into any vaults or jumps.

Basic parkour would include practicing precision jumps at ground level or on low objects, and some of the most simple vaults over rails or low walls. You will quickly find out what shape you are in with just those basics. Advanced parkour requires dedication, rigorous training, and lots of time and patience. The reward however makes it all worth the while, so take your time. There is no need to rush anything. Expect to do many many repetitions of movements in order to achieve the strength, coordination and skill required to do it right. If at all possible, find people near you who are already training, and learn from them. This will help you a great deal, as will staying active on this forum.

Offline wolf549

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: September 12, 2007, 02:16:40 PM »
Well hello there fellow traceurs. My alias is Wolf but my real name is Chris and I've recently started up parkour as a good form of exercise as well as having fun. I live in Edina, Minnesota and am a senior at EHS. I started about two weeks ago when my friend created a facebook group called Freerunners and I was invited. At first we didn't really practice, we just went around some parks and did some monkey bar training, mainly balancing. I then decided to look up some parkour videos and websites to see if we could get started. I found this site, registered and started looking through the tutorials and the basics to getting started. Since then we have been meeting every weekend to do a few runs with each other at our local Community Center. I have now started practicing on my own. I practice at Cornelia elementary everyday after school now. If anyone else is around that area (Bloomington/Edina) and would be willing to train from about 3:45 - 5:00 with me it would be even better. My friend can't because he has cross country.

I've familiarized myself with the forum but I thought I might post in here to get the big picture from people :)

Offline Sterlingspider

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 12, 2007, 04:09:45 PM »
Hey, my name's Sterlingspider
I'm from Long Island, New York and currently living near Stony Brook. I'm in my late 20s and have absolutely no training so far (well, unless you count my entire childhood) but I bumped into an unfamiliar word in passing a handful of days ago, looked it up, and fell in love with a philosophy. I had been thinking about taking up running for fitness but running in and of itself really doesn't excite me and I was worried about injury. Parkour however, that's something I can get behind, mostly because when I'm feeling physically fit that's how I move through space anyway (and I love the community emphasis on safety). 

I've always been an under the railing, over the fence, jump the pothole, dive through the gap sort of person but sadly the physical limitations I've had over most of the last decade (some old injuries I babied way too much and some issues with adult onset scoliosis) have smooshed a lot of that out of me. I've realized recently though that most of my limitations are based on muscle issues. I gain muscle very quickly, and am stupidly flexible even when I'm not working on it and while the scoliosis will always be there and will always make physical things a bit harder, at base few of my issues couldn't be pretty much reversed by proper fitness.

So this is going to take time, but I look forward to becoming myself.  ;D
"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it" -Emerson M Pugh

Offline made_one

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2007, 02:40:52 PM »
hey im made my real name is joao im portuguese and 14years old  and im starting parkour any tips??

Offline neb155

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 15, 2007, 06:16:45 PM »
hey its neb
im a beginner and i need help
please check out the topic vault help
thanks

Offline notsuperman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 16, 2007, 03:17:06 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm new. My background would be that I discovered parkour along with tricking in the winter of last year, did no training until about spring. From there, I've done cross training in both of them, but haven't really trained rigorously enough to do too much, with swim team and work and school. I'm a junior in highschool and have become really busy, but for parkour, really the best I can do is that roll and landing into a roll as that's about all I've trained. I'm hoping to practice a little more, if I get more free time and the weather clears up. I hate Seattle weather.

Offline EffingNinja

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 17, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »
Hey, My names Jon. NO neeto name yet... I guess.  I kinda started doing this a while ago, adn just kinda called it freestyle walking.  Then i found out..about a year later that it was an actual thing.  I play soccer, and love climbing and jumping, so, I'll probably be getting more into it.  I have a few parks around me, in NH.  and theyre fun for alot of stuff.  Me and my friend just kinda go and chill there and parkour for fun. 

PS I love manhunt!

Offline steveo32

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 17, 2007, 05:46:49 PM »
whats up im steveo ive been doing parkour for a few years and love it i love it so much that i got it tattooed on my chest the parkour symble any how im 20 almost 21 and enjoy jumping off hi shit and doing flips and rolls and kong vualts and shit like that any ways nice to meet you all im out

steveo32

Offline magus1230

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 18, 2007, 09:41:59 AM »
well, ive been into acrobatic stuff since i could remember, and i like jumping and all that, ive been always thrilled to just vault over stuff and i like to climb, i can do basic repetitions for a while, but when it comes to the running, im like a fish outa water, cant runn for very long, and i dont know that any one reletivly near me even knows about parkour or free running, its an uphill climb

Offline SOLID_SNAKE

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 18, 2007, 03:14:06 PM »
This is snake...my bed hehe..i live in croatia and prakour man.hehe bat this is fore me forum.pozz see ye..good night-i must go sleep haha..

Offline SOLID_SNAKE

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 18, 2007, 03:14:38 PM »
This is snake...my bed hehe..i live in croatia and prakour man.hehe bat this is fore me forum.pozz see ye..good night-i must go sleep haha..