Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 540879 times)

Offline Geramiah elliott

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #2780 on: October 04, 2012, 12:25:24 PM »
Hello everyone, Just going to introduce myself here in the...welcome forum :)  My names geramiah, I live in Washington State (NorthWest coaster here) I am completely new to parkour, never done or practiced it before. i have been very interested in it for a while though. I have a background in martial arts, ( Taekwondo to be exact) I am also a licensed massage therapist whcih means I know a bunch of awesome massage therapists in my area lol. glad to be here!

Offline Jason Patton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: October 04, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »
hey im new here and want to learn parkour..if anyone lives near Apache Junction Az i would love to meet up and get some tips

Offline Darius Gray Curry

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: October 06, 2012, 09:25:20 PM »
Hey. Very very new here, and very extremely new to parkour and freerunning, but super interested in getting into it. Uhm, from Utah...where parkour already seems to be dead...yeah.
"Welcome to the Bridge of Insanity, Feel Free to Jump,"

Offline Amber

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: October 08, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »
Hello!

My name is Amber I live in Indiana, I dont know if anyone I know that does Parkour is on here.
I just started Parkour so I'm still a noob.

I like things with computers, music, writing, and learning new things. I also like doing difficult things or thing no one else wants to try
~Silence is Golden but Duck Tape is Silver~

Offline Dawn M. Spangler

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: October 17, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm Dawn and unfortunately I live in Idaho.
I've been a PK enthusiast for years now and I've finally decided that I'd get into the actual MOVEMENT now :)
Ha ha, its funny because my endurance is ridiculously low XD But I'm working on that this whole winter! Which never ends...

Offline Tomas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • View ny site
« Reply #2785 on: October 24, 2012, 12:58:55 AM »
We all began this for a wide range of factors.  I can't see how attaining to be a super idol, a activity title idol, or basically trying to better your own lifestyle can be seemed down on.  The factor is that independence and exercising carefully have confirmed to be an excellent route for investing your time operating on.

Offline Chad Smith

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: October 24, 2012, 07:44:02 AM »
What's up guys!

I'm from the lovely state of Ohio.  I have been training in this exciting art for the past 2 1/2 years or so with a group of people now, some very good friends of mine.  Toledo Parkour and Freerunning.  Originally, my heart was into tricking but I met these guys and if figured it would be a good way to train and learn new things.  I love it.  And, I help teach a small class at a local gymnastics facility with another of our group.  Tyler Begley.  I hope to make new friends here, learn even more than I knew before, and help growth of this amazing art.

Genkei

"Walk through life as if you can learn something new every second of each day and it shall be"  Unknown

Offline Tomas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • View ny site
« Reply #2787 on: October 24, 2012, 09:45:09 PM »
I have been finalized up for this community for a while and never presented myself.   My name is Israel.  I have been a lurker for a while trying to improve my know how and remember to practice.  I know I will appreciate what is to come.

Offline Timothy J. Lutz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: October 29, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »
Hey I'm Tim in Oshkosh of Wisconsin. I'm 15 (almost 16) and just recently started conditioning and learning parkour. I've been looking for other local kids to train with, but it's almost winter now. If you know some good spots in Oshkosh, let me know. Alright?

Offline Troy Tyndall

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »
My name is Troy, I'm from Flint, Michigan. I'm 28 and fairly new to most aspects of Parkour. I guess I have used techniques that would be somewhat what I would consider like Parkour (not exactly) but didn't really know about it until fairly recently. I guess mostly the combat roll when jumping from heights was utilized fairly early in my life (had to evade cops when house parties got broken up, fences were always a good way to slow cops down, when I was young enough to not get into trouble for running) and vaulting to get over fences with speed. And I started rock climbing a couple months ago when a friend introduced me to it. I was just looking for a place to get more information and learn more about it and this place seems like it has a wealth of knowledge to be gained from it. In case you didn't know there aren't that many rock walls or mountains in Michigan and there's a good six months of winter (which sucks more as I get older). So when I came across this it made sense. Not only that but Parkour seems like it could have a lot of real world value. I don't really want to get into the Freerunning side of it (I'm too old to bust myself up badly) just the basic techniques of Parkour at this point. More than anything I just want to do something challenging that doesn't cost a lot and has some real-world value and that keeps me in shape. Anyways sorry for rambling! Glad to be part of the forum and eager to learn about this.

Offline Tomas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • View ny site
« Reply #2790 on: November 02, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »
Hey all. Just dropping in to presenting everyone. I'm a complete starter at parkour and looking to meet up with up with some people in the Angel Arundel Country position in Physician. If you do, hit me up. Thanks.

Offline Dylan Spencer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: November 07, 2012, 12:49:05 PM »
Hey my name is Dylan (spencer in ROTC) i go to High Point Central high school in NC so yea lol

Offline Lydia Beck

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: November 08, 2012, 06:32:30 AM »
Hi, my name's Lydia! I've been practicing basic rolls for a few days and it's quite fun.  ;D

Offline Chris Currier

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: November 13, 2012, 06:01:43 PM »
This thread will serve to introduce new members as they sign up, but more importantly we'll soon have some Community features built right into the main website, perhaps even with new member lists and ways to view other member's profiles.

Until then, please just say Hi in here, and realize that you may be asked to send more information once we get the community component up and running!!

Let us know what state and area you're from, if you hang with anyone else on the forums, how long you've been practicing, anything really, but start with those basics :)
M2

I would like to say hello to all of the traceurs out there. My name is Chris, I live in Brewer, Maine, and go to school at EMCC in Bangor. Along with beginning in the sport I am trying to speak with some of the local talent about their views on the sport in this state.

Offline jeromy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: November 14, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
Hey, It's jeromy I've been practicing parkour for almost a year now, I'm not very good at much of anything yet but I can do some parkour.

Offline Matthew

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: November 18, 2012, 08:26:04 AM »
What's up!
I'm a junior at the university of alabama and a beginner in parkour.
Anyone in the tuscaloosa area want to train, contact me and I'll gladly join you
今大学で日本語を学ぶ。これを読んでできれば、日本語で話よう!

Offline chris

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: November 20, 2012, 06:49:23 AM »
hey im chris live in dexter missouri ive just started wanted to have a fun way to stay in shape as im fixing to leave for marine corps bootcamp if anybody knows of a good gym to train and learn that would be great

Offline jake

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: November 22, 2012, 04:22:38 PM »
I'm jake, and I'm from Texas.

I take Parkour/freerunning lessons at the gymnastics sport center in abilene, TX.

I have probably an intermediate skill level (I don't know how to judge that)

I am a traceur.

Offline Donovan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: November 22, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »
Hey im Donovan im 15 and I just started parkour like a month ago and i live in Murfreesboro TN but i live in the more country parts so I tend to train in the woods. Also i do not have any formal training just youtube videos.

Offline Raina Nightraven

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Heaven on the Water
« Reply #2799 on: November 23, 2012, 03:57:56 AM »
Raina here, or you can call me XIII. I'm a total newb to this place, the life and training all of it. So please forgive me if I make any faux pas...just let me know and I'll apologize and correct my mistakes. I'm really hoping to come out a better person from this new life I want to start. With that said I currently reside in Al with my partner and child. But there's a chance I may be moving to SD. So yea, thx for taking time to read my random ramblings, hope to talk to you soon :)

Peace, Love, and Doughnuts  ;D
I am everything I am and nothing I seem to be, and judging from the look on your face both everything you both fear and desire with all of your being.    Here is the real question:

Are you willing to take the risks necessary to obtain that which you desire, while overcoming all that you fear?