Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 539792 times)

Offline BrankoogR

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2006, 05:31:40 AM »
hej my name is Branko,
i dont know is it a problem if im not from america?
whell im from slovenia and just started with the basic and every-day training
i also paint and sculpture besides parkour...

Maggot until I kiss the world goodbye...

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2006, 05:40:21 AM »
Not a problem at all, welcome!

Offline Shadow Fox

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 02, 2006, 04:06:17 PM »
hey everyone, my name is Shadow Fox. I'm a high school senior currently living in the Bay Area. I've been practicing freerunning/parkour for about six months now and am getting pretty good at it. It's really helped me build body strength as well as help me work on my balance. Other things i like to do are martial arts, sports of all kinds, and acting. Well i don't really know what else to say except this: who's up for a run?
"All the world 's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" - (Act II, Scene VII).

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2006, 04:36:51 PM »
hey everyone, my name is Shadow Fox. I'm a high school senior currently living in the Bay Area. I've been practicing freerunning/parkour for about six months now and am getting pretty good at it. It's really helped me build body strength as well as help me work on my balance. Other things i like to do are martial arts, sports of all kinds, and acting. Well i don't really know what else to say except this: who's up for a run?

I am, but not all the way to the Bay Area, sorry ;)
I give you this:
I will never view my fellow traceurs as a springboard.

Offline Jason Todrick

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Freerunner Mag
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2006, 09:47:46 AM »
My name is Jason and I work for Five Ten.
I know some of you know who we are, or have seen me on other forums... for tose that haven't, I'm not here to advertise so I'll just say we make shoes.

After getting involved with Parkour due to work, i'll say... I dabble in it. Truth be told I tink i may be too old and possibly too crippled from previous rock climbing injuries to ever be any good... but it's a great way to spice up a boring evening run.

As I said, I'm not here to shill product, but should anyone have any questions, I'd be happy to help.
Formerly: Jason@FiveTen

Not all who wander are lost...

Offline Chelsea

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2006, 05:23:29 PM »
Hi~! My name is Chelsea and I'm a in the 11th grade in high-school. I just started my parkour training about a week ago so I'm newer then new to everything but I already have a strong passion for it!
If anyone is willing to chat, feel free to AIM me: Angelic Mofia

Offline Nicholas

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2006, 05:34:07 PM »
Hey!

I somehow missed this thread entirely when I joined the forums a couple of weeks ago.  So, I will announce myself anyway.  My name is Nick, I live in Port Charlotte, Florida, a town where parkour isn't even a word.  I am a freshman at a local college and thus have pleanty of free time to practice, although I haven't been as self-disciplined lately as I would like to be.  Anyway, it would really be awesome and a real boost to meet other people who are about parkour if anyone's ever in the area.

I hear, I forget. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.

Offline cait sith

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2006, 09:08:19 PM »
What's up people, I'm Kiefer.

Offline whiteninja

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2006, 04:41:14 PM »
So, one day I was on YouTube, wasting time, and I saw this. So, after the initial expression of extreme suprise, I became interested in whatever it was he was doing, after some more searching, finding out it was called Parkour, that he was David Belle, the "inventor" of the "sport," and then this site.

The only experience I have in running is cross country, which I've done for two seasons now... I'd like to try this.

Nice to meet you.

Offline troubador

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2006, 11:53:13 PM »
Name's Jim, a oddball wandering musician/writer.  I've just started training (on thanksgiving I guess I like pain), right now I'm on my own, if any of you are from the north suburbs of chicago drop a line.

Offline Joe Ramos

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2006, 12:46:08 AM »
Just to follow up im in the bay area as well, a freshman in college still trying to get motivated to get the nerve to go out and practice by myself, im Joe by the way

Offline jjohanson90

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2006, 08:14:55 AM »
Hello im josh. i live in Indiana. i saw some sweet videos on youtube and otherplaces and decided to check this out for a little bit. ive been ghosting around the web site as well as these forums for about a week now. just hoping to get into some cool stuff and get into better shape,(which i needed to do, i got lazy) i am 16 yrs old and a junior at zionsville high school. HEY!

Offline Havoc

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2006, 07:22:09 AM »
Hi I'm Stephan a.k.a. Havoc.
I live in Belgium.
I train for parkour atleast twice a week, but I guess that depends on the weather :)
Try to do the WOD but just can't always get around to it with school and stuff.
Greetz.
“It’s not because things are difficult that we don’t dare; it’s because we dont dare that things are difficult”.
- Seneque

Offline Beast

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Pain is just a gateway.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2006, 04:55:29 PM »
I'm Diana. I live in Southern Indiana.

Just started training for parkour, and am trying to do it as often as possible.
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” -Lance Armstrong

Offline Havoc

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2006, 10:08:44 AM »
keep it up!
“It’s not because things are difficult that we don’t dare; it’s because we dont dare that things are difficult”.
- Seneque

Offline dash

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 30, 2006, 10:16:24 AM »
Hey, I guess I qualify as new. :P  I live around the KCMO area, never really done any of this, but it looks interesting, thought I might get into it.
You have one chance to value your life.  Take it.
~ Alex Corvis

Offline Havoc

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2006, 10:31:50 AM »
Oh you should. It's great fun and good for your physique!
- Seneque

Offline dash

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2006, 11:33:06 AM »
The trick is getting into the habit of doing it though.  Be much easier if I knew some local people who did it. :P
You have one chance to value your life.  Take it.
~ Alex Corvis

WingMan

« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2006, 12:15:05 PM »
Most people are probably savvy veterns or retiring from the sport at my age, 31, but as a HS teacher and Lacrosse coach on his way to the State Police Academy in a couple of months, I'm in better shape now than when I played college ball.  Still new to freerunning; I practice when I can and know that my training will never be done.

Anyone in the Atlantic City/South Jersey area need a training partner?  Give me a shout.

Jack

Offline Recurve

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 06, 2006, 06:40:25 AM »
hey, i'm a high school junior from the seattle area and have been practicing for about a month...