Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 545642 times)

Offline greymaiden

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1480 on: November 08, 2009, 06:27:05 PM »
I'm greymaiden, and I am not nearly in shape enough to really be here, although I'm working on it.

A college buddy of mine introduced me to parkour and I now have a new fitness goal.  We used to do a lot of the parkour moves back in the day just for fun, and a lot of them were also incorporated into stage combat.  The fact that there is a bonafide sport built around this concept is awesometastic.

Maybe I'll see some of you running around the block in a few years once I finish PT and get myself back on track :)

Offline Wolf1972

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 10, 2009, 09:58:25 AM »
Hi all new guy here from Danville, IL.  New to APK (both the website and the sport).  Looking to learn.

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #1482 on: November 10, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »
Welcome! Be sure to check out the "How to get Started" section on the main page, and what part of IL is that? (SW, NW, ect..)
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline eryn o

• Guenons
  • circus geek, dancing geek, technology geek... geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 10, 2009, 11:47:46 AM »
hello everybody, my name is lee, im about to be 30 years old and i refuse to except the fact that im aging.

I like your style. Welcome to APK.
- eryn

Movement is unisex, nuff said.

Offline Shadow879

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 11, 2009, 02:43:15 AM »
Hello. My name is Dalton, I'm 17 years old, and I'm a US Army Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (currently in AIT).

My friends back home call me Shadow, cause usually I'm pretty quiet, and I'm usually that guy sitting by himself thinking, writing a poem, or listening to music, etc.

I've known about parkour for a while, but I've never had any kind of time to practice for it. Now, in the Army I can't necessarily practice vaults and rolls and such, the NCOs around here would think I was crazy, but I can sure as hell make up my own exercises wherever possible.

I'm here to figure out what I can do every day to get myself in shape in terms of exercises for when I actually do have some time to practice parkour. I am not in shape at all. I barely pass my 2 mile run on my Army Physical Fitness test with a 15:31 min 2 mile. I can't run on my own time, but I can exercise whenever I feel the need.

A little about myself, if anyone cares to read:

I'm a World War II buff, and I love shooting guns, working on cars, and playing with my computer.

I like ICP (I don't claim to be a juggalo, but I am definitely down with the clown)
I listen to a very select little bit of music, but it spans many genres: Rammstein, metal, Linkin Park, rock, Secondhand Serenade, emo (not sure of a proper name), Green Day, punk, ICP, rap, and Three Days Grace, emo rock.

Sound plays a very big part in my life. What I hear around me dictates my mood a lot. For instance, I love guns, and the sound of distant gunfire makes my mouth water. The sound of thunder makes me smile. My favorite place to read is a sheltered spot outside under a thunderstorm.

And last but not least: I'm different. Plain and simple. Other men here at AIT don't like me a whole hell of a lot because I don't put up a badass front. I'm a golden rule kinda guy. Do unto others what you would have them do unto you. I respect everyone until they disrespect me. Then I simply avoid them or intentionally piss them off because it's fun to watch their reactions.

Enough ranting from me though. Again, hello American Parkour community. I hope to have a good stay here at APK.

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1485 on: November 11, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »
Hello. My name is Dalton, I'm 17 years old, and I'm a US Army Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (currently in AIT).

My friends back home call me Shadow, cause usually I'm pretty quiet, and I'm usually that guy sitting by himself thinking, writing a poem, or listening to music, etc.

I've known about parkour for a while, but I've never had any kind of time to practice for it. Now, in the Army I can't necessarily practice vaults and rolls and such, the NCOs around here would think I was crazy, but I can sure as hell make up my own exercises wherever possible.

I'm here to figure out what I can do every day to get myself in shape in terms of exercises for when I actually do have some time to practice parkour. I am not in shape at all. I barely pass my 2 mile run on my Army Physical Fitness test with a 15:31 min 2 mile. I can't run on my own time, but I can exercise whenever I feel the need.

A little about myself, if anyone cares to read:

I'm a World War II buff, and I love shooting guns, working on cars, and playing with my computer.

I like ICP (I don't claim to be a juggalo, but I am definitely down with the clown)
I listen to a very select little bit of music, but it spans many genres: Rammstein, metal, Linkin Park, rock, Secondhand Serenade, emo (not sure of a proper name), Green Day, punk, ICP, rap, and Three Days Grace, emo rock.

Sound plays a very big part in my life. What I hear around me dictates my mood a lot. For instance, I love guns, and the sound of distant gunfire makes my mouth water. The sound of thunder makes me smile. My favorite place to read is a sheltered spot outside under a thunderstorm.

And last but not least: I'm different. Plain and simple. Other men here at AIT don't like me a whole hell of a lot because I don't put up a badass front. I'm a golden rule kinda guy. Do unto others what you would have them do unto you. I respect everyone until they disrespect me. Then I simply avoid them or intentionally piss them off because it's fun to watch their reactions.

Enough ranting from me though. Again, hello American Parkour community. I hope to have a good stay here at APK.

Welcome, Shadow :) I'm not one of those big people here (Kind of intermediate) but your kind is the best here. Parkour is all about improving yourself, not showing off (no need of bad-ass-look ;D) so yeah, be free to view the different sections of the forums. Probably the best section is General Fitness (since you mentioned your fitness level).

Offline CrazyKatie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 11, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »
lol Watching people's reactions is a very fun way to spend time. Anger and Confusion are the best to see.

Offline Kody Kurtz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 13, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »
Hey im Kody Kurtz and I will soon join the springfield, mo crew ran by my cousin.

Offline Shadow879

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 14, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
Welcome, Shadow :) I'm not one of those big people here (Kind of intermediate) but your kind is the best here. Parkour is all about improving yourself, not showing off (no need of bad-ass-look ;D) so yeah, be free to view the different sections of the forums. Probably the best section is General Fitness (since you mentioned your fitness level).

Thank you for your recommendation, Hazim, I'll remember that.

lol Watching people's reactions is a very fun way to spend time. Anger and Confusion are the best to see.

I agree. I prefer confusion, cause then they can't figure it out and they decide you're stupid, which never fails to make me laugh.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:51:37 PM by Shadow879 »

Offline SomersworthParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • http://somersworthpk.webs.com/
    • View Profile
    • Parkour laughs right in the face of discrimination.
« Reply #1489 on: November 15, 2009, 08:16:59 AM »
Hello, we are Somersworth Parkour. We are a new team, but a good team. You can follow us on facebook, as well as our website which is www.somersworthpk.webs.com

Offline buddy d.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 15, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »
whats up people the names buddy and i live in pritcherdville sc i train wit new :) :) :)

Offline dsullivan91

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 16, 2009, 01:20:26 PM »
hey my name is devin my nickname is einax nice to meet you all im a college student in linn mo anyone want to pk?

Offline Sam H

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Sam Books and Thoughts
« Reply #1492 on: November 16, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »
Hi, I'm Sam from New Zealand.  I thought I'd pop in and see what's happening on your forum.  I've been training for a few years now and I find it interesting how different cultures influence their training and training philosophy.  I hope to meet some awesome people!  ;D
Learn from others but be yourself, find your own way.

Offline xhumanxweckagex

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 17, 2009, 04:14:56 AM »
Hello, My name is Jacqueline I'm 14 (I will be 15 in two months.) and I live in Watertown Connecticut. It's a bit hard to train since the weather is always changing and I have other activities going on where I can't be risking getting hurt, but it's all worth it. <3

Offline KittyRyu

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 17, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm Brooke, and I'm new to Parkour. Really new. I've been training for about a week or so, and I'm working on learning basics and getting my core strength up. I live in Schoolcraft, MI, and am more than welcome to any help anyone can give me. It's nice to see girls here, since I've yet to run into a female who does Parkour.

Offline SarcasticMushroom

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Yeah, right
    • View Profile
    • DarkFaery-chan's Deviant Art
« Reply #1495 on: November 18, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »
Heya everyone, I'm Dawn, and I've been a big fan of parkour for a while, just never knew the name! I live in a pretty rural area, and I'm what people call n00btastic, so hopefully I'm not gonna slay myself :P New to the sport, so any helpful advice is....well helpful. Who wants to go running? ;)
Bitterly Sarcastic, I've always dreamed I wasn't human

Offline ups_pack_mule

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 18, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »
Hi, I'm a 31 y.o. dude from Northern AZ. I'm just starting out in Parkour, taking it slow at first. I'm also married and have a brand new baby (10/23/09) in the house.

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #1497 on: November 19, 2009, 07:56:30 PM »
Heya everyone, I'm Dawn, and I've been a big fan of parkour for a while, just never knew the name! I live in a pretty rural area, and I'm what people call n00btastic, so hopefully I'm not gonna slay myself :P New to the sport, so any helpful advice is....well helpful. Who wants to go running? ;)
That kindve question would be easier answered if we knew at least what state you live in  ;D

But welcome to APK!
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline jctrail

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • I take pictures. :)
« Reply #1498 on: November 20, 2009, 05:35:00 AM »
Hi, I'm Josh. I'm in middle Georgia. I'm kinda new to this. I did it ten years ago before I knew it had a name an such. Internet does wonders.  ;D I just got outta the Army an am in pretty good shape. Last time I timed myself, I had a 12:45 min 2 mile. I used to fence on a professional level, and took a bit of kung fu. So my first question is, is it possible to be overly fit? I mean if you work out alot, you'll weigh more.. is that bad for this? I can't do pull ups tho lol any advice??. Oh, an honestly, is it jus me or does the beginning stuff seem mostly like common sense? I'm not trying to be haughty but.. Most of it seems.. natural I guess. I jus don't want to underestimate it an get hurt.

Any advice is appreciated!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:57:07 AM by jctrail »
-J

Offline Fun Size

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 20, 2009, 05:41:44 AM »
Hey!

Just signed up ten minutes ago and wrote my first blog.

My name is Jessie, username is Fun Size. I'm from Milwaukee.

I recently became obsessed with free running after thinking it was the most badass sport for the past four years.  My first practice was last night for about two hours. f#ckin' TITS.

I'll be posting videos of my progress and blogs about my experiences.

See ya!