Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 514866 times)

Offline Soerd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1400 on: October 01, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »
i'm just starting parkour this week. I live in flagler beach,florida which is near palm coast.If anyone knows any good spots or meets nearby please tell me because from what i've seen parkour still hasn't made it down here yet.
email is soerd[at]ymail.com
you are special, just like everyone else.

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1401 on: October 01, 2009, 12:07:43 PM »
i'm just starting parkour this week. I live in flagler beach,florida which is near palm coast.If anyone knows any good spots or meets nearby please tell me because from what i've seen parkour still hasn't made it down here yet.

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=6612.0;topicseen

Offline Soerd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 01, 2009, 12:12:31 PM »

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=6612.0;topicseen

lol ya i'm already there thanks though. ;D
you are special, just like everyone else.

Offline Mooka Pooka

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 01, 2009, 12:58:50 PM »
Howdy! (i hate that word..) I'm Michael, Alias: Mooka Pooka (Mook for short...) and I live in Dallas, Tx! I literally just found parkour and was so excited I peed my pants! (joke!). I am currently running, jumping, and doing the warm-up everyday. I've been a Martial Artist for over 20 yrs. (started @ 5), but, I've been what some would call a "lazy" martial artist for the last 5. Parkour is kicking my butt! and it's great!

I love the blog because I can check back in periodically and have a whole record of my Parkour journey from the very beginning...

Train Hard, don't be a lazy pooka.
  ;D

Offline Parker Johnson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 01, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
Hey everybody, my name is Parker, I'm 18, and I love jumping over stuff. I hail from Arizona and I'm currently living on campus at ASU. I've been running around and doing what I love for about a year or so now, just here and there. I've decided to rededicate my interest in Parkour recently, hence myself being here. So...... Hi APK!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:51:55 AM by Parker Johnson »

Offline Joshua0904

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 02, 2009, 02:11:42 AM »
Hey everyone! My name is Joshua Parker. I am 22 and from St. Louis, MO. I am athletic and have been interested in Parkour for awhile and just started this week. And ran across this site. I am interested in chatting with anyone and getting advise from people that have done this for awhile. Thanks guys!

Offline Austin Skyberg aka Ajax

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 02, 2009, 08:18:11 AM »
Hello, everyone, I'm Austin. I usually go by either that or Ajax, though Ajax is what I am known as online. I am from Sioux Falls, SD, though I am now living in Estherville, IA. I've been into Parkour for just a little over a year, now, and I like to say I'm decent at it, but the only thing I'm really good at are speed vaults ;D. There's nothing really anywhere for me to practice on here, and as far as I know, there's no one around here that can help me, so I've been trying to learn on my own, and it hasn't been real pretty :-[.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm here, the noob from E-Ville.

EDIT: Correction, I've got no one that knows Parkour to train with, all I've got is a cross-country runner that's only really up here for school days, and a dude I brought up from Texas, neither of which know how to do much with PK. They can help me, they just can't do it themselves. :-\
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:20:34 AM by D_Ajax »
"Anything is possible, you just have to dream it up."

"Pain is nature's way of saying "Hey, stupid! Watch what you're doin', eh?" in a heavy New York accent"

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1407 on: October 02, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »
Hello, everyone, I'm Austin. I usually go by either that or Ajax, though Ajax is what I am known as online. I am from Sioux Falls, SD, though I am now living in Estherville, IA. I've been into Parkour for just a little over a year, now, and I like to say I'm decent at it, but the only thing I'm really good at are speed vaults ;D. There's nothing really anywhere for me to practice on here, and as far as I know, there's no one around here that can help me, so I've been trying to learn on my own, and it hasn't been real pretty :-[.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm here, the noob from E-Ville.

EDIT: Correction, I've got no one that knows Parkour to train with, all I've got is a cross-country runner that's only really up here for school days, and a dude I brought up from Texas, neither of which know how to do much with PK. They can help me, they just can't do it themselves. :-\

Hello Ajax :) i'm Hazim, and you're lucky, because for me, I got NO ONE to train with. absolutely no one. However, with a little will and a lot of dedication and love for Parkour, I can do kong vaults now! you can train those over the hood of a car, excellent surface. I think there are cars in E-Ville, right? ;D

Offline Austin Skyberg aka Ajax

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 02, 2009, 09:05:56 AM »
Plenty...none that I own, though. lol
"Anything is possible, you just have to dream it up."

"Pain is nature's way of saying "Hey, stupid! Watch what you're doin', eh?" in a heavy New York accent"

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1409 on: October 02, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »
Your mom's? if you don't want to use a car, use a picnic table, or anything else that has the same height, and that is stable.

Offline Grant

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: October 02, 2009, 10:51:04 AM »
Hey everyone. Im Zander from Pennsylvania. Im 17.
Ive been doing parkour-ish stuff all of my life (but not properly), and never realized there was a name and a following for it. So here i am now. I dont really have anyone to train with in my VERY small town but im trying to get a friend that runs track to start  ;D

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #1411 on: October 02, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »
Hey everybody, my name is Parker, I'm 18, and I love jumping over stuff. I hail from Arizona and I'm currently living on campus at ASU. I've been running around and doing what I love for about a year or so now, just here and there. I've decided to rededicate my interest in Parkour recently, hence myself being here. So...... Hi APK!

Sweet! ASU West or Main?

One guy just posted the other day from ASU West in the Arizona Local Board... forum... thingy. You guys should definitely hook up and train some time, or you can train with any of us in Phoenix--let me know if you're interested.

If you're at ASU Main in Tempe, I think there's a pretty strong PK scene over there; they're about to start PK classes on campus, so you should get involved if that's where you're at.

In any case, head over to arizonaparkour.com and introduce yourself, cause there's bound to be someone near you.
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline Parker Johnson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 02, 2009, 07:33:27 PM »

Sweet! ASU West or Main?

One guy just posted the other day from ASU West in the Arizona Local Board... forum... thingy. You guys should definitely hook up and train some time, or you can train with any of us in Phoenix--let me know if you're interested.

If you're at ASU Main in Tempe, I think there's a pretty strong PK scene over there; they're about to start PK classes on campus, so you should get involved if that's where you're at.

In any case, head over to arizonaparkour.com and introduce yourself, cause there's bound to be someone near you.

ASU Main. Dang I didn't know ASU had much of a PK scene, like my friend checked out some old ASU PK club but it wasn't updated for a few years. I'll go check out those links for sure. I'd love to train with someone (like I said I've never done much except for messing around every few nights over the summer). I'd love to get started with someone who could actually help me improve and whatnot. Do you have any more info on the classes at ASU? I looked but couldn't find anything.

Offline thatcrazyvinny

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 04, 2009, 04:14:46 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is julian, or vinny, i live in Lincoln Park, Michigan, im 16 and i film, play bass, and parkour with my friends,(look us up on youtube rickyntylerfilms)

Offline SteveTheCookie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 05, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm Steve, 14 years old. I'm half American and half Swiss, so English and French are both my native languages. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. I love Parkour, I found out about it in June or July, but I think it's too hot here to do Parkour in the summer, so i'm starting to really get into it now. I've gotten a couple of my friends into it too, so we'll be practicing a lot. =)

Offline Deck17On

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 05, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Hey guys. Jamie here. Out in SF, CA. Just started training recently and I'm loving it. Not too much learned yet, but I've got the basic roll down without grinding my head on the pavement, so a good first step I guess. Anyone in the Bay want to hang out, just hit me up.  ;)

Offline Shoto

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • my facebook page
« Reply #1416 on: October 06, 2009, 08:03:08 AM »
Hey new to the whole forum thing and i kinda missed this one as i was looking around lol but anyway wassup im Brandon from Philly, Pa im 20 years old, nice to find a place wit so many other ppl interested in this stuff. Kinda new to the parkour scene but been doing karate all my life, gymnastics for a nice lil bit and i always liked jumping on or off stuff. Any one around that wants to hang out hit me up  :)
Your never to old for something new. i know an 80 something year old woman who is a black belt in karate and  comes to train with us every chance she gets. So if she still kicking there's no reason for me to be sitting lol.

Offline Akura

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 06, 2009, 01:44:48 PM »
Hi everyone, my names Avery.

I live in Eagle, Idaho, which is kinda a suburb to Boise, the capitol.

Im very new to parkour and only know 1 person at my school who does parkour/freerun.

I love playing tf2, watching movies, and hanging with my friends.

Nice to meet you all.

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #1418 on: October 07, 2009, 07:30:20 AM »

Sweet! ASU West or Main?

ASU Main. Dang I didn't know ASU had much of a PK scene, like my friend checked out some old ASU PK club but it wasn't updated for a few years. I'll go check out those links for sure. I'd love to train with someone (like I said I've never done much except for messing around every few nights over the summer). I'd love to get started with someone who could actually help me improve and whatnot. Do you have any more info on the classes at ASU? I looked but couldn't find anything.

The classes haven't been started yet. Francesco is the guy who's trying to get them started, so you can ask him for details on the AZPK forums
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline aznazznz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 09, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »
Hey I'm Geoff.
I live in Duluth, Minnesota which is a cold, cold city.
I know basics of parkour.
I like all sports, hate country music, and like to chill.