Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 514460 times)

Offline Garcon Vitesse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Fear nothing but fear itself
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1380 on: September 23, 2009, 05:54:05 AM »
Sup! I have not added any pics yet ( i WILL soon). My Name is Garcon Vitesse. I have been doing parkour for about 2 years but my first jam was on labor day of 2009 with PKHZ (parkour horizons). I hang out with Kaisen Necho of the PKHZ group a lot. I'm in Columbus, ohio and my favorite place to train is. ???.. my back yard.

Offline zayn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • i dont like real pics. They steal ur SOUL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 23, 2009, 05:57:07 AM »
Sup! I have not added any pics yet ( i WILL soon). My Name is Garcon Vitesse. I have been doing parkour for about 2 years but my first jam was on labor day of 2009 with PKHZ (parkour horizons). I hang out with Kaisen Necho of the PKHZ group a lot. I'm in Columbus, ohio and my favorite place to train is. ???.. my back yard.
hahaha. you must have an awesome backyard then to train back there and it be your fav spot after 2 yrs. my fav spot is my old elementry school guess we like familiarity
I am the prophet nemesis. Guardian of the Nexus and void. God of death.

"free-ur mind" morphious
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" Sensei England and Sensei Geroge -miss them alot-
http://teamnexus.moogo.com/
http://teamnexus13.webs.com/

Offline eryn o

• Guenons
  • circus geek, dancing geek, technology geek... geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 23, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »
Hey, I already introduced myself in the women's forum because I got excited and ahead of myself, but let me take a step back and try to do this right.

I'm Eryn, i'm 24, and I live in Saint Paul, MN. I've trained a few times with people from there, but I'm pretty dang fresh to parkour. Other than that, I have been swing dancing/other dancing for 9 years, and in circus school for about 6 months. Circus is HARD and makes you BUFF, so it's been a super great addition to my training.

I'm kind of a fitness and nutrition geek, so I look forward to learning from you guys and sharing what advice I can.
- eryn

Movement is unisex, nuff said.

Offline Taelis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 23, 2009, 02:32:36 PM »
Hi, I'm Francesca.
I live in Boston, Massachusetts and I have no actual parkour experience but I'm really interested in learning. I haven't met anybody on the forums as of yet, haha.

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1384 on: September 23, 2009, 04:12:25 PM »
Hi, I'm Francesca.
I live in Boston, Massachusetts and I have no actual parkour experience but I'm really interested in learning. I haven't met anybody on the forums as of yet, haha.

Hi :) I'm Hazim. you'll be seeing a lot of me on the forums. I joined 2 days ago, and i'm addicted lol. You'll also see "Spencer B." (the sarcastic dude)...and idk lol. he's pretty much the most significant. famous people are Ozzi, Adam McC, and others. Good luck  ;D

Offline shikaruto99

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 23, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »
Hey im Eric Durish. i am totally new to parkour.
Im from South Chicago heights illinois.
How do i begin training?

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1386 on: September 23, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »
Hey im Eric Durish. i am totally new to parkour.
Im from South Chicago heights illinois.
How do i begin training?

Hey. you're pretty lucky that you live in a big city...with lots of obstacle opportunities.
First, have you tried any moves, or watched any Parkour tutorials?
Whatever you did, the best thing is to start step-by-step. NEVER do anything that feels uncomfortable. that's number one.
The reason for that is, when you learn a new move, you want to progress slowly so it's saved in your muscle memory. if u take a big step, u'll reset everything. (It's just a mess)
you can access tutorials from the main page of APK. I would recommend you learn how to roll correctly first.

Offline Taylor S

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • knewght
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 24, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »
Howdy,

I'm Taylor, I'm in Asheville, NC (for all of 3 months now).  I'm brand spankin' new to parkour, but have some experience with martial arts and gymnastics so I'm hoping to catch on to the basics pretty quick.  Anyone have experience with PK in the woods?  I'm out paddling or rock climbing alot and figure thats where I will be practicing my basics.
I have no signature for no good reason.

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1388 on: September 24, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »
Howdy,

I'm Taylor, I'm in Asheville, NC (for all of 3 months now).  I'm brand spankin' new to parkour, but have some experience with martial arts and gymnastics so I'm hoping to catch on to the basics pretty quick.  Anyone have experience with PK in the woods?  I'm out paddling or rock climbing alot and figure thats where I will be practicing my basics.

Hi Taylor :) you'll find that a lot of people tell you it's the best thing to practice Parkour in the woods (nature). I'd recommend you start on your vaults. You can do that over fallen logs, boulders, or build your own obstacles. I'm a beginner too, so you can hear from other experienced Traceurs.

Offline NolanK13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 24, 2009, 06:15:02 PM »
Hey the names Nolan K
The game's parkour and freerunning

I'm 13 years old
I set up my box on the streets of Milwaukee WI.
I'm a noob and I'm looking for someone to train with who can teach me some good shtuff about the arts.

So, anyone training in Milwaukee wanna take a noobie under thier wing I would be more than happy.  To be more specific I live in Wauwatosa.  Just don't be a pedo.

Offline Suren

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 26, 2009, 06:24:23 PM »
Hey. I'm Suren.  im from the suberbs of chicago. im 15 and have been parkouring for over a year now.
I've been to this sight many times but today i decided to make an account....so here i am.  ;)
"City is my playground, roofs are my roads. I'm Free, I'm a Runner. I'm a Free Runner." - Tom S. bastid

Offline 000

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
word.
« Reply #1391 on: September 27, 2009, 05:01:37 PM »
Hey, I'm new to the forum. Parkour and Free running look pretty awesome, so I decided to join up with some friends and try it sometime, but I need to get into shape and lose some weight, so I joined this forum.

What's up?
 :D

Offline Garcon Vitesse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Fear nothing but fear itself
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1392 on: September 28, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »
hahaha. you must have an awesome backyard then to train back there and it be your fav spot after 2 yrs. my fav spot is my old elementry school guess we like familiarity
Yeah! lolz It's a basic yard, but the porch has a nice handicap rail, there are two trees with a lot of branches that are right beside my barn. i can jump from the tree to the barn.

Elementary schools are the best! I try not to do parkour around little kids though. i dont want to give 'em any ideas that might hurt them.

Offline zayn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • i dont like real pics. They steal ur SOUL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
better to start out young....try not to post in here some people get mad....its for announcing that you joined our community not really for anything else. 8)
Yeah! lolz It's a basic yard, but the porch has a nice handicap rail, there are two trees with a lot of branches that are right beside my barn. i can jump from the tree to the barn.

Elementary schools are the best! I try not to do parkour around little kids though. i dont want to give 'em any ideas that might hurt them.
I am the prophet nemesis. Guardian of the Nexus and void. God of death.

"free-ur mind" morphious
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" Sensei England and Sensei Geroge -miss them alot-
http://teamnexus.moogo.com/
http://teamnexus13.webs.com/

Offline Rotisv

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 29, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »
hey, im a newbie at parkour, but i think im pretty decent at it. and uh.... ya...

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #1395 on: September 30, 2009, 08:29:10 AM »
hey, im a newbie at parkour, but i think im pretty decent at it. and uh.... ya...

Cool, man, welcome to APK!  ;D

Start posting in the General Discussion threads, get your feet wet. Post something in the Local Board for your area too, and see if any traceurs are near you.
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline sanchezjohn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 30, 2009, 11:56:08 AM »
Hello,

My name is John and I am brand spanking new to PK. I have started to practice and get in shape.

If you live near Knoxville, Tennessee, and would like to train, let me know!

Offline ParkourBoy217

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Hi
« Reply #1397 on: September 30, 2009, 07:38:54 PM »
hi i'm from Prtland Oregon and i like to run, workout, and try new things (such as parkout). I started doing parkour 1 month ago and i'm seeking help so if there is any one with answers to my posts please answer. :(
S217s

Offline D.B.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 30, 2009, 08:09:39 PM »
good morning APK. i've been on hiatus for awhile because i was a fatass and kept getting minor injuries. 
good news i've lost 70 lbs and have no friends to trace with anymore since moving to grand rapids, MI.

i'm still greatly looking forward to breaking back into PKFR and getting in tip top physical condition.
relax, i do this all the time
[

Offline Prism

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 01, 2009, 10:09:51 AM »
Um, Hi I am brand new here and I am brand new to parkour....so um...yeah.