Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 514898 times)

Offline JOeface

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1360 on: September 11, 2009, 07:39:56 PM »
hey im joe. i live in texas. and i love guitar and parkour. not so good at parkour...yet. and i could use some tips or anything that wil help me out. i train with drew and we've been runnung for about 2 and 1month. so yea. were cool. ;D

Offline awddsm

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 12, 2009, 02:58:24 PM »
I'm Nic, from Colorado Springs, CO. I haven't really ever practiced parkour, but I'm trying to get myself in shape, it is the only sport so far that has even looked remotely interesting to me. I've done a lot of reading recently, looking through the training sessions. I can't even do a full hanging pull up so I need to get myself in shape, if anyone has any suggestions on a routine to help me get into shape please feel free to PM or email me: lemmonnamedsteve@hotmail.com

Offline Uzziel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 14, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am Uzziel, and I am at Virginia Tech. I train with Leon, Crazy Eddie, Spydr, and others to name a few. I have been training for about 9 months now, and I love the conditioning aspect of parkour. Pretty much nothing makes me happier than my whole body being sore when I get up in the morning.  :D

Offline kharvilak

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 16, 2009, 02:54:38 AM »
hey ,
my names chas and i live in westminster MD, brand new any advice?

Greetings Chas, we have a very small group that now meets on Wednesday evenings @ 7:00pm at the Westminster City Park for training.  None of us are yet on the level of teaching, but we we get together to practice, workout, and learn.  Feel free to join us.  I'm hoping the rainy weather holds off this evening long enough to get some training time in.  Hope to see you join in sometime.
Kurt Harvilak
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 02:56:34 AM by kharvilak »

Xaren86

« Reply #1364 on: September 16, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »
My name's Daniel, I live in California, parkour is a new thing for me but I'm anxious to try.

Offline Matias

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: September 16, 2009, 09:33:14 AM »
Hi, my name is Matías and I'm from Argentina. I'm interested in the yearly re-definition of Parkour so I registered to check that out and collaborate.

Regards!

Offline Zaku

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 16, 2009, 12:58:18 PM »
hello im zaku and im new to the apk community im a member of team Nexus.

Offline BobTheKing

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 16, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »
     What's up APK!

Bob King here, from one of your newest affiliates: SFPK. I am 35, and I train in Sacramento. I venture to say I am probably one of the older traceurs which you will come into contact.

Started training in January 2009 to lose weight. Since then I have lost 40 pounds, and have been slowly regaining some the agility, strength, and stamina of my youth that working on a computer at a desk all day has taken away from me.

Anyway, it is a pleasure to be a member of your organization!

Offline Jofish

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 17, 2009, 04:23:48 AM »
 ;D wassup ma sports fans?? lol

iza a complete newbie ayy, im jofish (lol) and i live in australia.
i know thats probably not helpful that im livin in another country but meh  :P

I found out about parkour cos i get really bored at school and me an one of my mates (scadandlan) decided to start havin races... hardcore races. we pushed picnic tables near walls and our boardwalks and low-hanging roofs around the school and started basically trying to do tricky stuff over the tables and through support rails and over roofs while getting from a to b really quick. then one of my OTHER friends told me and scandlan that what we were doing was a hell of alot like parkour. we were like "par-what?" and he told us about you's guys :)

since im at school the only time me an scandlan can really practice is when the teachers aren't patrolling.
I am 15 and he is 16, we both stand at 6 foot 1 and are really just beginners trying to learn new moves and then try to incorperate them into our "almost" parkour.

hello and help us lol
chow  ;)

Offline zayn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • i dont like real pics. They steal ur SOUL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 17, 2009, 05:49:33 AM »
;D wassup ma sports fans?? lol

iza a complete newbie ayy, im jofish (lol) and i live in australia.
i know thats probably not helpful that im livin in another country but meh  :P

I found out about parkour cos i get really bored at school and me an one of my mates (scadandlan) decided to start havin races... hardcore races. we pushed picnic tables near walls and our boardwalks and low-hanging roofs around the school and started basically trying to do tricky stuff over the tables and through support rails and over roofs while getting from a to b really quick. then one of my OTHER friends told me and scandlan that what we were doing was a hell of alot like parkour. we were like "par-what?" and he told us about you's guys :)

since im at school the only time me an scandlan can really practice is when the teachers aren't patrolling.
I am 15 and he is 16, we both stand at 6 foot 1 and are really just beginners trying to learn new moves and then try to incorperate them into our "almost" parkour.

hello and help us lol
chow  ;)
srry for postn in this thread. ive been a member. but u should start some australia parkour-site and group if they dont already exsist. get this stuff even more global
I am the prophet nemesis. Guardian of the Nexus and void. God of death.

"free-ur mind" morphious
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" Sensei England and Sensei Geroge -miss them alot-
http://teamnexus.moogo.com/
http://teamnexus13.webs.com/

Offline Jofish

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
lol
« Reply #1370 on: September 18, 2009, 03:17:14 AM »
srry for postn in this thread. ive been a member. but u should start some australia parkour-site and group if they dont already exsist. get this stuff even more global
lol australia already has heaps of parkour bouncin around, i just wanted to look around the great u.s.a heh :)
there isn't really much training places around where i live so yea, im jus lookin 4 some pointers :D

WOOT WOOT! Ima train  8)!

Offline blahblahblah13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 18, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »
Hey y'all!  Im Al and Im from Texas!

Offline Josh Keen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 19, 2009, 10:09:27 AM »
Hi, I'm Josh. I've sort-of-kind-of been doing Parkour for a month or two. A little. If you want to call it that. I kind of suck. I can't even roll. But, yeah....working on it.

Offline Roberto Bellotti

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 20, 2009, 03:53:25 PM »
i am a new member who is posting here

you may find me in  the New Orleans area of Louisiana

I suck at parkour, free running, and breakdancing

time to train...

Offline Colby Zayne Gamache

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The best way out is through...
    • View Profile
    • Inertia Movements
« Reply #1374 on: September 20, 2009, 05:37:23 PM »
yea, i've been on here before, but i'm just getting back into things...guess i should reintroduce myself. lol

the name is Zayne...we've got a half ass crew of 5 people...we're kinda struggling on our conditioning and our training so we're trying...atleast. if anyone is in lafayette louisiana or surrounding areas, let me know...maybe we can link up and jam...

and if anyone can help us on basic conditioning and some easy training ideas...that would be amazing too...

Offline RachaelBlue02

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 21, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »
Hi! My name's Rachael. I live currently in Baltimore, MD and I'm looking to get start training in Parkour. Any ideas? Or know anyone to train with around here?

Offline kharvilak

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:26 PM »
Hi! My name's Rachael. I live currently in Baltimore, MD and I'm looking to get start training in Parkour. Any ideas? Or know anyone to train with around here?

Welcome Rachael, please see my post from below...

hey ,
my names chas and i live in westminster MD, brand new any advice?

Greetings Chas, we have a very small group that now meets on Wednesday evenings @ 7:00pm at the Westminster City Park for training.  None of us are yet on the level of teaching, but we we get together to practice, workout, and learn.  Feel free to join us.  I'm hoping the rainy weather holds off this evening long enough to get some training time in.  Hope to see you join in sometime.
Kurt Harvilak

I also know that there is usually quite a bit going on in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area, as well as in Northern Virginia and out into Frederick, MD.

Kurt Harvilak

Offline Gonzo1022

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 22, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »
Hola!
My name is Jonathan, I am 16 years old. I know most of the basics of Parkour and it gets pretty lonely just running by yourself. I live in a po-dunk town called Monroe, located in GA about 30 minutes from Atlanta. If your not older than 20, and would like to train with a pretty cool kid (Me :D)  then message me.(:

P.s. I've been doing parkour wherever I can and I've been doing it for about 4 months, but I'm definitely willing to learn more.

Offline Cam S

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 22, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
My name is Cam i'm 18.  I'm still learning the basics in a little place in AR of all places.  but hey still learning
Reality is our dreams playground.

Obstacles are found everywhere, and in overcoming them we nourish ourselves." -David Belle

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things- Henry Miller

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1379 on: September 22, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
Hi, i'm Hazim (pronounced HAH-ZEEM). I live in Lee's Summit, MO, but my dad owns a store in Independence. I got tons of railings and wall and whatsoever, but i dont like practicing Parkour in front of other people. im 18 btw, yet i look like a high school sophmore.  ;D i've been on the forums for 2 days, but i just figured i'll introduce myself (like anyone cares).

I tried a drop-and-roll from 8' high onto asphalt, before i even tried a Kong. i need some help.