Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 514856 times)

Offline jarcothe1

• Guenons
  • you controle your surroundings!
    • View Profile
    • Team Joke
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1320 on: August 06, 2009, 07:06:01 PM »
whats up guys This is Josh From Team Joke-

we are based out of Holland, MI.

Been trainning for about 8 months

trained with Team Frocus based out of GR

and we are plannning a Jam soon in GR! with Team Focus and other trasuers!

our Team Joke youtube site is here

http://www.youtube.com/jarcothe1

and our Facebook site is here

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/West-Olive-MI/Team-Joke/77284147394?ref=ts

Josh is planning to be at the 2009 Michigan National Jam with the APK!

Josh From Team Joke.
josh from team joke!

Offline Crytical

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 07, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »
Names Jordan, living in bellevue nebraska. brand new to this. off to college soon. hopefully will be able to learn quick and train with others in my area.

Offline Mooglocobo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 08, 2009, 06:26:46 PM »
Hey,

It's Bill from Aero.

Offline chas1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 08, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »
hey ,
my names chas and i live in westminster MD, brand new any advice?

Offline TheJoker1888

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • aHaHAhaHa!
    • View Profile
    • Team Blackwatch
Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1324 on: August 08, 2009, 09:45:02 PM »
Hey. Name is Dustin, AKA the Joker. New to Parkour. Never really known a whole lot about it until recently when a friend of mine told me that he had been into it awhile and he gave me some info on it. So now I'm wanting to get into Parkour as much as I can. On here to learn as much as I can as well as see if I can find any people in my area ta give me some help.

Name: Dustin

Call Sign: The Joker

Sport(s): Paintball

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 10:10:15 PM by TheJoker1888 »
Quote from: The Joker
Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!
Name: Dustin
Callsign: The Joker

Offline XindestructibleX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 10, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »
 whats up my name is phil im 20yrs old just started doing parkour. i also aggressive inline. but lately all i want to do is parkour i live in the st.louis area looking for some poeple to meet that does parkour
message me if you close to my area

Offline Jake Mathew

• Guenons
  • Your City. My Playground.
    • View Profile
    • Enisity.com
« Reply #1326 on: August 12, 2009, 06:35:34 AM »
Hey guys, my name's Jake. I'm from Baltimore, Maryland. Have a few buddies to run with but just found a group here in Baltimore, and a lot of the members are here on APK. Looks like there's a lot to learn here, i'll see you guys around the forum.
Current 1 Rep Maxes:
Bench: 250       Goal: 300
Deadlift: 375    Goal: 415
Squat: 280       Goal: 315

Total: 905 lbs     Goal: 1030lbs

Offline Jmarvel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 12, 2009, 08:21:56 AM »
I'm Jerry, I've been training for a couple of weeks on my own. Met with a group for the first time in Houston on Saturday. I have no idea if the guys I met with are on this site.  ???

Offline Ditch

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Duct Tape and WD40 make the world go 'round.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 12, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »
Hi. My name's Dan, though I often go by Ditch. I'm not too picky towards what ya call me.

So I first heard about parkour maybe 2 years ago and after looking into it some it peaked my interest. I just hadn't found the time to dedicate towards it, so I put it off. Well I've been realizing that if I put things off for too long I'll loose the opportunity, so while I'm still young I'm gonna be giving it a try.

I live in Petaluma, California and attend the Santa Rosa Jr. College. I've seen that there's a small group there in Santa Rosa; perhaps some time I will meet up with a few of them.

I've never done "parkour" but I enjoy moving about in my own way. If there's a short wall or a ditch where the path goes 10 feet to the side, I'll usually just go over it. After reading the first page of, "How do I get started," I've realized that many of the vaults and jumps I've already done, just in a slightly different way that I've come up with on my own. I can see the improvements in the way the tutorial explains, and plan to make those adjustments the next time I go running and jumping around (I wouldn't call what I do parkour quite yet).

I started practicing rolls, and though easy to get the basic gist, I can see I'll need to work on them. I can really feel how rolling is useful, not to mention it's damn fun.

I'll need to get an exercise program down. I see there's plenty of resources here on what's recommended, so I'll be reading through that. I shouldn't have too much trouble committing 5 hours a week towards workout, hopefully more.

Other than that, I'm kinda nerdy (that being an severe understatement). My other hobbies include computer gaming/repair/building/tweaking, robotics - mostly combat robots like what used to be on TV (I run the Robotics Club on campus), and scootering - yes I ride razor scooters, but I ride them hard enough that I've snapped them in half 4 times now. I enjoy rock climbing and fishing, though my opportunities for each are usually limited.

Well that's probably more than enough of an introduction. I'll refrain from telling my life story. I'm happy to find myself here, and you'll probably see me around.
ditch - a safe place in an unsafe world.

Offline barefootkitty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 12, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »
I'm Kat, and i'm from southern California.

Offline Brian Doyle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1330 on: August 14, 2009, 03:44:35 PM »
Hi, It's Brian!

As far as I know I am the only freerunner/traceur in my city.
The only free runner in Oshkosh.

Offline C.T.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Kailua Pillboxes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 16, 2009, 05:29:18 PM »
    Hey guys, I just moved here from Naperville, IL (suburb of Chicago) and I've been training off and on for the past 2 years, more on than off this last year.
    I just arrived last night at 8:30, and I don't know anyone here haha. I'll be a freshman at UHM this fall so if anyone is in that area I'd love to have a few people to go out and train with 3 or 4 times a week.
    I'd like to go out and train some this week, so if you want to show me around the spots a little shoot me a message. Evenings will probably work best because I have freshman orientation during the day. See you around
Be prepared; be all that you can be; be a positive force in the world.

http://vimeo.com/user2365606

Offline jstreeter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 17, 2009, 10:23:30 AM »
Hey my name is Josh From Janesville wisconsin and im brand spanking new to parkour and i hope i can learn a lot here also i think parkour will be a usefull skill to evade zombies during the zombie appocolypse

other hobbies of mine include world war 2 reenacting gladiator reenacting and gaming and some dnd on the side
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:42:10 AM by jstreeter »

Offline Heliotrope

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 17, 2009, 01:09:07 PM »
Hi I'm very new at parkour and want to learn more.  I live in Pottstown and am looking for traceurs to train with

Offline Crissstar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 19, 2009, 10:17:01 AM »
Hello,
I'm Criss, I'm from Salt Lake City Utah.

I'm just starting to get back into free running, my brother has had me doing it from a very young age and not until recently did I realize that it is such a big thing among so many people. I'm just starting to train again and I can't wait to go to some parkour jams if they come to my area.

Stay Strong,
Criss

Offline Seanort

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: August 19, 2009, 11:55:46 AM »
Hey, I'm Sean from West Chicago, IL, and I have been practicing parkour for about a year now. While my friends and I have made some great progress so far, I still find much trouble with rolling from heights and precision jumps. I hope to continue my activity in the world around me, learn all I can, and pass on whatever knowledge I can. If anybody is in the Chicago suburbs and needs some people to train with, my buddies and I will help you out, the group we've set up here is getting quite good and we'll help all we can. It'll be fun learning from you guys here!
moving to music, that's life.

Offline CJrunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 20, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »
wassup, my name is Cacidy AKA Cjrunner ;D

i just might be the youngest person here probably not.  I haven't really looked, but just so everyone knows i am only 13.
I love jumping off thing, i am fairly good at climbing up almost anything.  I also love heights(don't know if thats spelled right).
unfortunately i live in Ithaca,NY and there aren't many places to do any real running climbing or jumping lol so if anyone knows of any places near here that i could practice on that would be great!!!!

oh i also have several friends who might be joining.  we are all very interested in Parkour but are sorta new so we will be training a lot, and watching all the vids.
if anyone lives near by we would be thrilled to meet, train and learn if you are interested. :) :) :)

Offline Courtney Powell

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 20, 2009, 12:29:03 PM »
courtney from sacramento parkour.
15, female.
currently injured and getting physical therapy for my shoulder(s).
i don't know if i'll come here that often, i'm usually on the sfparkour and sacpk forums, so we'll see i guess.
I started practicing in nov 08, then ran into track season and injuries so i stopped.
i have a background in track(discus, hurdles, long jump, 400m, distance) and water polo.
been climbing things since i was a baby. out of my crib, into trees, into closets, on roofs, over walls, on top of playgrounds...
i saw a video about parkour and thought, well THAT looks fun.
so here i am.
hi.
:)

Offline up is down

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 20, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm Kyle. I'm not really new, I guess, as I know most of the DC guys, and met a bunch of the Marylanders recently. They're all pretty awesome. (Baltimore's got some niice spots). I always want to meet new people with new ideas about l'art du d├ęplacement.

I love to train on anything that is 1) mostly sturdy and 2) in my way. Especially if it is unusual and difficult.
Weird angles are awesome. So are tricks that toss physicists' assumptions right back in their faces.

It's funny; we ask "How long have you been doing parkour?" and the usual answer ranges from a couple of months to a decade or so, but really all of the movements we do in parkour are techniques we learned before our (I dunno, say...) 5th birthday. With the exception of the QM, of course, which we all mastered way early :P
So I say I've been doing parkour before I could speak. I mean, I don't actually say that, but we all kinda have that history of just needing to move around, right? It's that kid coming out, but now being able to understand the discipline and an underlying philosophy, we're just old (and maybe smarter?) kids. With cities instead of the living room table.
So then I think it's the terrain that changes, while the art of movement evolves with it. If, then, it is only about how one moves from spot A to spot B, then these variables can be anything, as long as parkour lives.

Basically, parkour is great.
Later

P.S sweet - I'm a European Rabbit! (forum rank)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:35:59 PM by upisdown »
silence is just what we cannot hear

Offline camway

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 21, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »
Hi, I'm Camway AKA BeBop

I live in Detroit Michigan
I pratice everytime i get a chance

My Hobbies are training, anime and training
Go with the FLOOW!!!!