Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 543860 times)

Offline Jim B

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • That's how I roll!
    • View Profile
    • Beast Skills
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2006, 07:06:33 PM »
Hey, the name's Jim. I probably met a good number of you at the Beast Coast Jam this past weekend. Interested in Parkour, but haven't been able to run as much as I want. Going to change that this summer. I also enjoy gymnastics and run BeastSkills.com

"Yes, these are bruises from parkour. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened."

Offline josh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2006, 03:26:12 PM »
I'm Josh
I'm 16
I live on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio

Offline Scott

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2006, 05:48:36 PM »
Hi, I'm Scott, and I live in Nashville TN. 
  I'm road tripping all across the country, and i'm gonna be passing through Oregon, Washington and Montana for the next couple weeks.  Any regular jams in those areas?

Offline Polecat

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2006, 09:00:03 AM »
Marcus here, I'm in North Raleigh [Wake Forest/Wakefield] area for the summer before heading back to school at UT Austin. Fairly new to the run, used to be pretty athletic but been getting out of shape recently.

Offline Trizzoyz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2006, 08:35:18 AM »
Hey, im Troy but everyone calls me Trizzoyz. I've been doing parkour for about 2-3 months. Me and Kiba have a not that well known team but it'll be out there soon, so pay attention for Team Bushido. Im 14, 5' 7.5", blonde hair now, and idk thats all im not really descriptive.Well thats all he wrote.

Offline Jason

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2006, 01:08:30 PM »
Hi all, My name is um...Very weird (cuz it is an asian name :o) so just call be Jason ;D. I live in Upper Darby, PA (right next to Phily). I have done parkour for like 3 days and am getting good at it. Im 13 years old and am 5' 6.5'' tall.
~Born to be leet~
-=Parkour Forever=-

kettlebellcrazy

« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2006, 10:33:06 PM »
Hey peoples. Just joined up b/c I think it'd be pretty cool to jam with some new people. None of my friends are quite into anything I am which is starting to make me wonder...  ???

I'm 24, from Harleysville, PA which is in Montgomery County about 30 min from Philly.

Pretty much just starting out. I tore my ACL over a year ago and spent a lot of that time rehabbing and had some other crap get in the way. But now I'm good to go and it's great weather too.

Ol No Knees

« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2006, 10:34:34 PM »
Oi, my names Jered out of Poway, California (close to San Diego)

Age 17, 5'6", 106 lbs. I'm a featherweight.

I don't know anybody here, I honestly just started the sport a few days ago.

I have an interesting situation going on with my body, specifically, my feet. My left foot is about two sizes (US) larger than my right foot. That's about a 9 and a 7. I also had an operation on the right foot a few years ago, and it now lacks a full 360 degree rotation. Up and down? Yes. Left and right? Not so much.

If anyone has a tip about my situation, do me a huge favor and send me a message. Thanks much.

Offline Balf

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2006, 08:35:13 PM »
Oi, my names Jered out of Poway, California (close to San Diego)

Age 17, 5'6", 106 lbs. I'm a featherweight.

I don't know anybody here, I honestly just started the sport a few days ago.

I have an interesting situation going on with my body, specifically, my feet. My left foot is about two sizes (US) larger than my right foot. That's about a 9 and a 7. I also had an operation on the right foot a few years ago, and it now lacks a full 360 degree rotation. Up and down? Yes. Left and right? Not so much.

If anyone has a tip about my situation, do me a huge favor and send me a message. Thanks much.

Sorry, that was my guest account, this is my real one. The registration process started to kick my ass, but I got it.
I parkour without underpants. Fear me.

Offline josh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2006, 10:23:31 PM »
Hey guys...I actually came across parkour for the first time earlier today. I was looking on DDR videos on google (i love DDR and ive played for 5 years) and I came across a russian parkour video that was about 10 minutes long. After I watched I looked up more videos until i finally came across a reference to a british parkour/free running website. I've probably researched and watched videos for about 7 hours today... I'm really into it and I think it's an awesome way to spend your time improving yourself and seeing how far you can go. I greatly look forward to beggining my very own parkour-learning journey.

Offline Spider

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2006, 04:26:55 AM »
Hiya, My name is what it says, "Spider" because I really am like a spider, I climb, and have been doing Parkour for 5 years. I saw Jump london being made and got in to it that way.

My belifes are that Parkour has been around for years and years just neaver been named.

I am from England and am making the Midlands Parkour site. I am 16 and I have come on to this site because Urban Free Flow has to politicaly. I have joined on both sites because I am intrested in Parkour and the american teams.

I am also the creater of the Parkour Chat Room on runningsolo.co.uk/chat, Which people talk to eachother on Wednesday nights at 6:00pm GMT.lol

Cya around
Spider
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 06:14:34 AM by Spider »

Offline Douglas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2006, 02:41:02 PM »
Hey Im Doug i am new to this scene and am looking to try it out and hopefully gain some experience soon.

i live a few miles south of phoenix arizona, i just turned 16 years old

Offline Myrrh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2006, 05:26:59 PM »
Hi I'm Myrrh,

I grew up running, climbing, and jumping off things.  There were six of us growing up so someone was always chasing someone.  I recently discovered that Parkour involves all of that, so I'm set.   

Current weakness: I can kick down a door and jump off a wall, but I can't pull myself up that wall to save my life. 

I'm a Saggitarius and I like Chinese food.
I'm from Lafayette, Louisiana.
Throw in sand from no man's land and I'll show you more of my cards.

Offline Speeditup

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2006, 08:17:46 PM »
Hey, watsup everyone, Eric here, 15, tearing it up here in New Hampshire, just registered on these forums and im apart of urban free flow and new england parkour also, ive been doing parkour for about 3 1/2 months now, just learned a couple tricks and i also have my own crew together

Offline nickjomo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2006, 06:41:28 AM »
Hello I'm Nick,

From ,Harare in Zimbabwe

well used to jumping over fences, walls (well I lost the keys to my gate) and climbing trees, I enjoys making my way through obstacles, just needed a proper techinique to it and a proper name to it. I have a feeling I will enjoy this....

glad I came across the "How to do a running Catleap" article posted on Google yesterday. ;D

Am into Karate too, and wanting to do some serious rock climbing soon...  ;)

Offline NC

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2006, 11:29:01 AM »
Hey guys,
My name is Nick and I enjoy Parkour.  I've been on NE Parkour for a while, but I'm also joining this website to the many viewed.   ;D

Nick
PK 4 LIFE!

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2006, 09:29:49 AM »
Wow turn out I've haven't posted here yet!

Hi im Unique
14 years old
Omaha, Nebraska ( NE YAAAAA)!
Been doing parkour for little over a year now.
Favorite move at the moment: wallspin/pop wallspins (not pk)
Goals: Go to the next pk usa jam.
- “Don't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI

Offline Warden

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Greetings...
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2006, 10:44:20 AM »
Greetings,

I'm the Warden, and I'm from the twin cities.  I'm new to the concept of parkour and have never done any of the standardized basic moves except through figuring a few of them out through experience.  In other activities I've had to surmount a lot of walls, tunnels, fences, etcetera, but I always just experimented with the most efficient means I could devise.  I'm excited to be here and am finding this site very helpful.

Offline Morgan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Law Firm
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2006, 08:10:12 AM »
Hi, I'm Morgan.  I just discovered Parkour a couple of weeks ago.  I never heard of it before then.  When I found it, I felt as if I came home.  I'm 35 and an attorney.  I'm also fat and out of shape, but since I started parkour, I've made a lot of progress just in these couple of weeks.  I have my tutorial DVD and I'm ready to rock... on the roughly 10% of the basic parkour moves I can actually get my old fat ass to do, that is.   ;D

Offline CharlesX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2006, 12:10:47 PM »
Hello my name is Charles and I'm 15, I live in Lafayette, Louisiana.  Just got into Parkour about 2-3 weeks ago, and though I've heard of free running, I just found Parkour recently. This site is very useful though im more into freerunning than actual Parkour.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles."

-Sun Tzu