Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 532351 times)

Offline Travelcard

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1220 on: June 08, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
Hi, im Travis and im from Saskatoon Canada.  I am a complete newbie but excited to learn the world of Parkour. 

Offline MonkeyMike

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 08, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »
Hey, my name's Mike, I'm in the Coast Guard.  I'm stationed out near Los Angeles.
I've been fascinated with Parkour for a long time.  I love the beauty and efficiency of the movements and how one comes to understand their environment rather than just pass through it.  I'll be honest, I was a bit of a pussy, and could never get much beyond a simple vault and tic-tacs.  While many would say this can get you by, I was upset with my fear to overcome obstacles.  Tonight, I bucked up, and decided to go for my first nemesis, the monkey vault.  I've always feared clipping my feet and kissing the ground.  Well, I've succeeded, so I am content for now.

Now that that's out of the way, a little about me.  I've always felt a desire to be a complete martial artist.  Not just in the practical sense, but spiritually as well.  I've been studying kung fu and chi gung for a few years now, which has taught me to work hard to find my self.  Parkour appeals to me for another reason, which is to help me overcome the physical, mental, and spiritual barriers before me. 

Practically, I believe that Parkour may one day help me get to someone on a  boat that may be deemed unreachable by other means, and therefore will help me be a better rescuer.

Offline Brandonbrutel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 08, 2009, 09:10:09 PM »
I am Brandon Bilger
I live in Edgewater Florida
I just started like 2 weeks ago  ;)

Offline rottingam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 09, 2009, 06:57:45 AM »
greetings from macedonia

my name is denis a.k.a RoTt

Offline VintageHunter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 09, 2009, 06:12:39 PM »
Hello everyone. My username is VintageHunter because I have a very large vinyl collection. Im a big fan of music and Parkour.

Offline Oddity

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 10, 2009, 07:47:05 AM »
Greetings, everyone.

Name's Pat, just turned 17 and am in the Chicago South Suburbs. Been interested for a long time. Just got over a tiresome medical condition, and I need to get back into shape before this. I'm looking to parkour to help me find fluidity in my life so I can feel more physcial and mental freedom.

Offline kreish6

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 11, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »
Yo

This is John of the lovely central PA. I'm a complete beginner, but looking forward to training under this unique discipline. Great site you have going here! Well done

Offline Suto

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Nicolai Stocker (Rheine GER)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 11, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
Hi everyone, my name is Nicolai i'm 24 years old from germany (i hope beeing american is not a prerequisite here ;) )
I'm new to parkour and starting now with the conditioning and the basics . . .

Thanks to the creators of this website and to the people of this community!!!

see you around!

Offline Jerald Donald Konkel

• Mangabey
  • Land softly and Roll Smoothly
    • View Profile
    • PunKurac Parkour
« Reply #1228 on: June 11, 2009, 09:58:02 PM »
Hey all you traceurs and traceuses,
My Name is Jerald, But you all can call me JDK, Ace, or if you Prefer... Ace GForce.

I'm fairly new to Parkour, But I've been Climbing, running and Jumping all mylife, what else do little boys do but get themselves hurt?  ;). But really, I'm a Noobie  :-[.  I've been recently Training at a small local park across from where I live, btw, I live in a small town called Antioch, in Illinois. Not Much People know about Parkour here. Some of my friends know of it from me. But I get alot of annoyed looks when I Practice  :-\, I would like to have a training partner because it looks better, and maybe It'll make People here more Aware of this Awesome Discipline/Extreme Sport/ Art.

I'm 19 years old, soon to be 20 years old in July. I've knowned about parkour since 2004 but have only had the chance to actually Practice it within the Past Month. I've got some of the Basics down, I love doing Rolls  ;D... and Monkey Vaults, But I got to work more on Vaulting because today I wiped out while doing a monkey vault :'(, fortunately I Saved it by doing a well timed roll and never lost the "Flow". I'm more focused on getting the Fundamentals down before I start caring about stuff like that anyways, But It still Feels good to Connect more than one Move together smoothly and effortlessly. I also been practicing my Precision Jumping, But some Dude stopped his vehicle today and yelled at me for doing it  >:(, He said " I bet you are going to break your neck and sue The Town, you Better get down and stop that." I told him "politely"  ;) to Get Bent . haha, and the funny thing is two Police officers pasted me a few minutes ago.....  ??? I wonder why they didn't stop yell at me too? Also I only fell 3 times, after that I was getting good at it  :).

I would like to set up my Tripod and Camera and Film myself, I think that'll be so cool. maybe, It's just so hard being all by myself. I'm trying to get one of my friends into it, he's a little younger but He seems interested. Well, I wish all of you the best of Luck in your training and Wish me Luck too.

"We're Apes, not monkeys" GPK
"Get off the roof, for your own safety" APK Roof Police

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 12, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »
i love this post. it never stops growing, which means the parkour community is still growing, which means we are getting more nationwide (and nationally accepted).

hooray for the internet!
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline Paperback28

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: June 12, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »
Hello :) I'm  Paperback28 and I live in the suburbs to the north of Houston, Texas. 

Offline Aaron B

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 12, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
Hi hi, I am... Me, AB are my initials and 93 is... just a random number lol. I am 15, and I live in DeSoto, Texas. So yeah, not many places to practice around here. Um... I've been skimming around this website for about a week and it seems pretty interesting. I'm starting working on rolling but having trouble and enjoying the small bruises  :P aaaaand I doubt I'm gonna be very active on here due to my shyness and addiction to not drawing attention to myself.
Meep.

Offline Running Ricky

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 14, 2009, 05:34:40 PM »
Hi. It's Ricky. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, California. I like running and breakdancing. There isn't too many places to practice parkour around here. I'm 15 years old and I want to know if there is anyone who also want to practice parkour in this area because a lot of the people I meet know nothing about parkour which makes me a little disapointed. If there is anyone out there near me, I'd like to hear from you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:42:46 PM by Running Ricky »

Offline .:Kelly:.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 14, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »
Hello! my name is Kelly
I am 16 years old
I live in Bloomfield, Iowa
I don't think I know anyone on this forum.
I'm in cross country and track, which has never been very fun for me, but I'm very fast.
I've just started parkour, so I'm a complete beginner, but it's very fun even with the soreness.
It's nice to meet everyone.  :)

Offline Jerald Donald Konkel

• Mangabey
  • Land softly and Roll Smoothly
    • View Profile
    • PunKurac Parkour
« Reply #1234 on: June 15, 2009, 08:00:46 PM »
Hello! my name is Kelly
I am 16 years old
I live in Bloomfield, Iowa
I don't think I know anyone on this forum.
I'm in cross country and track, which has never been very fun for me, but I'm very fast.
I've just started parkour, so I'm a complete beginner, but it's very fun even with the soreness.
It's nice to meet everyone.  :)

Hi Kelly, I've Just Started Parkour too, and the Soreness is the worst when you're just starting out. I couldn't Walk one day after practicing Long Precision Jumps. Also Take my Advice, Start from the Basics and Be safe. I did a High Jump from a tree and thought everything was great, until the landing, I messed up the Roll and Totally Messed up my Shoulder along with it. Been a few days since then and It still hurts a little. Learn from me and Start on the Ground, with the Basics. 

and Parkour is Super fun, Don't you Just Love it.....

"We're Apes, not monkeys" GPK
"Get off the roof, for your own safety" APK Roof Police

Offline .:Kelly:.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 15, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »

Hi Kelly, I've Just Started Parkour too, and the Soreness is the worst when you're just starting out. I couldn't Walk one day after practicing Long Precision Jumps. Also Take my Advice, Start from the Basics and Be safe. I did a High Jump from a tree and thought everything was great, until the landing, I messed up the Roll and Totally Messed up my Shoulder along with it. Been a few days since then and It still hurts a little. Learn from me and Start on the Ground, with the Basics. 

;D thanks for the advice, but don't worry (to much). From all the video's I've watched and all the posts I've read, it's clear to me that mastering the basics and working on ground level is best for a beginner like me. I don't have anyone around my area to teach me parkour so I have no intention to do anything dangerous unless I'm certain I can pull it off. Luckily I had done martial arts a year ago (before it got expensive and had to quit) and the rolls were pretty similar. Though it still feels weird, so I have to practice it more.

I hope your shoulder gets better! ;3

Offline Fatalsyn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 16, 2009, 01:51:22 AM »
Hey there, I'm Benjamin and I'm From Oregon. I'm pretty new to parkour but have acrobatic and free climbing background.

Offline James Draveling

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 16, 2009, 07:04:27 AM »
Hey, I'm James. I'm fourteen years old and will be fifteen in August. I live in Eastern Michigan, sortof near Mikado (more west of it), but I'll be moving to Washington very soon.. I don't know if there is anyone else doing parkour in my area. I just started learning about parkour, and I have a broken arm, so I haven't been able to do anything but read and watch videos. I'm really looking forward to trying parkour out once I'm better. Sitting around inside doing nothing for weeks sucks, so be careful!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:28:44 AM by JumpThatThing »
Life is like a flower.. It doesn't last long, so you better enjoy it while you have the chance

Offline Seth C

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 16, 2009, 07:07:25 AM »
Heya! I am Seth Cloud from South Dakota. Just started parkour, but nobody around here does it, unfortunately. Hope I will be doing this for along time.  ;D

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 16, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »

;D thanks for the advice, but don't worry (to much). From all the video's I've watched and all the posts I've read, it's clear to me that mastering the basics and working on ground level is best for a beginner like me. I don't have anyone around my area to teach me parkour so I have no intention to do anything dangerous unless I'm certain I can pull it off. Luckily I had done martial arts a year ago (before it got expensive and had to quit) and the rolls were pretty similar. Though it still feels weird, so I have to practice it more.

I hope your shoulder gets better! ;3

you guys shouldnt jump from above chest height for two months

thats what ive been told MANY MANY TIMES (sometimes i get a year too...)
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10