Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 544037 times)

Offline lukegloudeman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1160 on: April 28, 2009, 07:50:33 PM »
Hey all, i'm Luke.

I've been doin PK now about 2 months, and have been active in the Chicago Parkour community, Aero.

New to the APK forums though.

Offline PillowFire

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 29, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »
Hello, I'm Paul from Virginia. Been at this for....zero days lol. Well, I dabbled with Parkour techniques, but I've done a lot of reading up and so I have a good general knowledge of what I am getting into. Just gotta find a way to start. It sounds easy, just start. But I want to actually set up a schedule to train, as well as do it properly.

As a plus, I think I think I have vaulting down. Rolling is hard for me to do right now though, and other stuff I have not really tried because I have not found a good place to train.

MeKa360

« Reply #1162 on: May 02, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »
welcome everyone   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline NeoNinja

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 02, 2009, 10:44:27 AM »
Hey, I'm Brendan.

Sorry for the cheesy nick-name but Brendan was taken. I'm a traceur from the UK and I just saw Levi on Ninja Warrior (we're at least a series behind here, it's not on a mainstream channel) and I thought I'd come and see what American Parkour was all about. I've seen a few great videos so I thought I'd sign up so I could comment on some.

Nice to meet you.

Here's a really old vid of me in case you're interested. Some of the clips date back to 2005... old school! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvbi-dbN-g

MeKa360

« Reply #1164 on: May 02, 2009, 11:20:30 AM »
Hey, I'm Brendan.

Sorry for the cheesy nick-name but Brendan was taken. I'm a traceur from the UK and I just saw Levi on Ninja Warrior (we're at least a series behind here, it's not on a mainstream channel) and I thought I'd come and see what American Parkour was all about. I've seen a few great videos so I thought I'd sign up so I could comment on some.

Nice to meet you.

Here's a really old vid of me in case you're interested. Some of the clips date back to 2005... old school! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvbi-dbN-g

nice vid

aricmazick

« Reply #1165 on: May 02, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »
Hey, I'm Aric. I practice parkour in SE Mass, nice to meet all of you!

Offline itsokimaninja

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 03, 2009, 11:35:27 AM »
Hi, My name is itsokimaninja and I am recently new to parkour. I just started a cuple days ago and seem to learn very quickly. I live in Queens, NY.

Offline Rachel Zilberman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 03, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »
Name: Rachel
Location: Millstone (pretty much unheard of, but its on the border between Freehold and Jackson), NJ

Saw some awesome vids on youtube and i thought id give it a shot. I don't have any background in gymnastics or martial arts or anything, but i do run (x-country and long distance in track & field), so i figured it was time to take it up a notch. Parkour seems intense and awesome, and im pretty excited for it, so im glad i could join the APK forums and talk to others with the same interests  :)

ps- im also a new to using forums, so hopefully i wont mess up or embarrass myself too badly lol.
You can tell me to stop. You can tell me I can't do it. You can say WHATEVER you want.

Then you can watch me do it all and prove you wrong.

Offline Kdub

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 03, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »
Hi, I'm Karl W, hence "Kdub". I'm 19 and have been training for just under a month now and loving Parkour. I've spent most of the time conditioning in order to work myself up gradually.

I have read several philosophical articles on parkour(such as "Concrete jungle" here at apk in the learn section) and am very compelled to live the ideals behind them, and since have dedicated myself to training, after a long period of not really having a true motivation to train.

I'm new to these forums and am hoping to learn lots from these forums.

peace,
Karl.

Offline baneakatsuki

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 04, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »
Whats up, I'm Bane and I'm from Granger Indiana.  I'm a student at Ball State and next semester I'm prolly gonna be startin' a club there

Offline Sexotiko

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: May 04, 2009, 08:34:57 PM »
Hey everybody. My name is Ignacio AKA Sexotiko. I'm 15 and I'm from Puerto Rico and I just recently got very interested in Parkour. I'm currently waiting for a knee injury to finish healing up (2 weeks maybe) then I'll start training hardcore. I'm interested in Parkour as much as it is physically, as it is mentally since I've always looked at the philosophical perspective of things.

I'm new to the lifestyle, and forums and am very much willing and hoping to learn a lot from them and others.

Cheke,
Sexotiko

Offline tonyayo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 05, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
Hello, My name is Tony and I began Parkour 2 weeks ago; I am hoping to find Parkours in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Okay hi, see parkour is not a verb you shouldn't say I parkour or I am gonna go parkour just stick a train in front of it so you go train parkour and the word for someonethat does parkour is a Traceur.
See you around the forums! ;D

LOL, I did not know that thanks :)

Offline tonyayo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 05, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Hello, My name is Tony and I began Parkour 2 weeks ago; I am hoping to find Parkours in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

if you can come south to run in miami jus hit me up, send me an email/pm/im anytime or catch me on myspace/facebook:jorge dominik diaz

:), I added you on myspace, and thanks. I thought I was going to be alone  ???

Offline Wes Pittman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Un-formally Burningcacti!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:54 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Wes aka Burningcacti (don't even ask, i just made it up one day)
I'm from Frederickburg,VA so i noticed im close to some of you.

Im fairly new at all of this and was wondering if anyone wanted to train or practice together and kinda show me the ropes.

oh! and i usually like to just hang around and have a good time.

Offline mlscupper

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 06, 2009, 04:24:34 PM »
my name's mitch and I'm coming to Tucson this coming June. Excited to start meeting people. Conditioning myself so I'll bee ready.
see ya soon

Offline D4rk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 06, 2009, 09:01:55 PM »
yo, im connor, i live in MN, i dont have any great places to train but i make do.

ive been studying parkour all winter and now that we finally have some nice weather, i am starting to go out and work on the basic movements and whatnot.

Offline Stallons

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Advent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 07, 2009, 07:51:13 AM »
Hey guys my names Nick, I'm 18 and just started getting into parkour. Started working out and doing drills with friends hope to get really into it this summer.

Offline Wes Pittman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 07, 2009, 07:55:42 AM »
Where are you located Nick?
I'm in Va still looking for someone to train with.

Offline Stallons

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Advent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 07, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »
Ah I'm located in IL. I live in a small town called Carlyle. I drive to St Louis and Mt Vernon like every other week. In august I will be living in St Louis.

Offline Wes Pittman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 07, 2009, 12:43:04 PM »
Ah thats pretty cool, i would suggest to hit up the IL board if you cant find anyone, lol thats what animus told me to do for my VA