Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 532323 times)

Offline etched

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1100 on: March 31, 2009, 03:37:58 PM »
 Sup all, Im ronald from Urbandale Iowa. Just starting to really get into pk. I got one frined here who i practing some vaults with. msg me if youre from here and want to practice :D

Offline rustopholis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • facebook - Russell Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 31, 2009, 07:19:01 PM »
Rochester, NY checkin in

Name's Russell
20 years old
college student
hobbies: cards, chess, video games, music, anime/manga and sci-fi (ex: firefly/serenety), camping, hacky sack, tennis, paintball and now parkour :D

I'm very nerdy/dorky w/e, but its cool.

Been into parkour about a month, mostly practice and exercises so far.  My friends got me into it and we go around campus looking for cool spots.

catchya around!
Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."
---------------------------------
Mal: "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."

Offline Nathan Coleman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I drew my pic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 01, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »
lol i forgot to post here :o

well...
Name's Nathan and im from Roanoke, Virginia!
Chris Kessler is my hero!
Lol he introduced me to parkour and i train with him Calvin and my girlfriend Courtney!  ;D
ive been training for like 3 months

thats pretty much it :)
The longest journey starts with a single step

Offline Will Smith

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • look at them dongles
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 01, 2009, 06:30:02 PM »

well...
Lol he introduced me to parkour and i train with him Calvin and my girlfriend Courtney!  ;D

Holy... dude high 5! +1 for parkour girlfriend :)

Offline Nathan Coleman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I drew my pic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 01, 2009, 06:36:45 PM »

well...

Holy... dude high 5! +1 for parkour girlfriend :)
Ahaha +1 for making my day and being awesome!

Offline Genevieve!

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 02, 2009, 04:36:28 PM »
Aloha peeps! My name is Genevieve. Im from Hawaii and am associated with HIPK. Ozzi is my mentor. I've been training since september and am still trying to get University of Hawaii manoa (UHM) to get a club kickin' here.
Run

Offline AirborneVagrant

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 02, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »
Oi, my name's Will and it's nice to meet everyone! Not much to say about myself that you won't learn from just talking to me in general, and , quite frankly, I much prefer to get to know someone through conversation rather than an intro. . . maybe because I fail at giving intros. >>

BUT, that won't stop me from telling you my basics, so there they are:

Name's Will, I live just outside Lafayette Louisiana on a rice farm. I'm 19, in college to become an engineer. I got into parkour my senior year in HS, but only recently have I started actually practicing it. Right now my main training spots involve my college campus and around my house/farm.

I'm a licensed student pilot (only got about a dozen solo flight hours at the moment but I'm working on it ^^; ) and I absolutely LOVE flying and everything about the sky/wind/clouds; yes, unfortunately even more than I love parkour (pardon the blasphemy).

I suffer from two mental conditions. . . well, I wouldn't say "suffer" because I enjoy both of them quite a bit actually. XD  Anyways, I'm self diagnosed with terrafirmaphobia and, more prominently, ataraxia; if you want to know feel free to ask, and props if you already know what they are. ^^

Heh, there's more but I don't really want to rant. . . though maybe I already have, hmm. . .Well, bottom line, I'm very glad to meet all of you and I hope I'll have the pleasure of freerunning through the streets with some of you one day!

Nice to meet you,
       ~Will~

Offline Digital Ted

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 03, 2009, 01:01:25 PM »
Hiya!

I'm Ted, from southern Wisconsin. I grew up in Madison, but moved to Milwaukee last year.

I just started my conditioning training, and plan to start working on mastering the basic moves in a month or so. First, I have to get my 35 year old artist ass back into shape! Sitting and painting or inking comic books for hours, oddly enough, doesn't keep you in fighting shape. Funny, that...

I have one friend locally that is training along with me, and we're going to be meeting up with the Parkour Club on the UW Milwaukee campus soon. I just ordered the DVD from the site here, so I'm looking forward to receiving that and starting to dig in deeper!!

Offline ChrisBApk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 03, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »
Hello my name is Chris and I live in San Francisco.  Thought I'd try this site again since others seem to be dominated by negativity.

Offline Wolfs Tooth

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 03, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »
Hello, I’m Nicholas and a beginner in formal Parkour / freerunning. I currently reside At Fort Lewis Washington were I serve as A Combat Medic and Sergeant in the US Army. I’m glad that this site exists because the art of freerunning is almost unheard of here on FT Lewis.

Just a couple questions. I'm doing well in all the basics accept the Kong vault. My problem with it is that I have a tear in the ACL of my wrist, while wrist wraps, a must for at least the affected wrist, help it is still very painful from the pressure applied. Is there an alternative to the classic technique I could use that would either compensate or take pressure of my wrist? For the record before someone says to wait till it heals, ligaments don’t heal when they are torn.

The other question is, are there any people in the Tacoma or Olympia Washington area that I could link up with

Thanks in advance and hello again

Offline dueceduece

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: April 04, 2009, 11:45:49 AM »
Hey everybody,  the name's Adam, i'm a traceur from Seattle, i've been training almost a full two years now and have been doing lots of work with the community up here.  Reppin' Washington parkour, it's killer.  looking to train with many of you.l

Offline Corvand

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 04, 2009, 12:17:13 PM »
Hey everyone, Name is Darryl and ive recently..very recently started training. A beginning traceur living out of California. Live in Suisun right next to Fairfield. Been preparing and now it has started. Hope to meet others soon! Train and stay safe!

Offline aceboby

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »
hey im ricardo.

i've been doin parkour/freerunning for about 2 years.

Offline Lola42

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 05, 2009, 09:04:03 PM »
Hey everyone! My names Laura from Michigan! I've only been parkouring for a month or so, but I love it and hope to keep training for a long time :)

Offline Barophobia

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 06, 2009, 05:37:24 PM »
Hi, everyone! I'm Barophobia or Tom, whichever you like  ;D. I live in central New Jersey, and turned 14 back in January. Starting to get on in years, I know...

Might as well just get it off my chest early, I'm a complete newbie to the art of Parkour!  :P Like many people I'm sure, I saw a video or two or five on YouTube a while ago and was simply amazed by the skill, grace, and speed of traceurs. In the hopes of joining their ranks someday, I decided to join American Parkour to pick up some tips and tricks on how to get started. The weather's been pretty bad lately, but as soon as it clears up I'm going to start jogging a bit, scouting out future spots to pull out some crazy vaults or something.  ;D I've got the basic roll down already, though truth be told I've only been able to practice in my house (today I learned some math, too: Drawer + ankle = PAIN  :'().

My non-parkour interests include playing midfield for my soccer team and playing the piano and bass guitar. I'm sorta in a band, though we're not quite famous... yet.  ;)

I know it's not gonna be a walk in the park or anything; I'm definitely not ready to leap from building to building yet, haha... but hopefully I'll get good eventually. Can't wait until I get into the good stuff!

...Wow, I typed a lot. Anyway, later days guys. Keep flying!

Offline Lonnie Tisdale

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • San Diego Parkour, PKCali.com
« Reply #1115 on: April 07, 2009, 12:31:51 PM »
Hey Chris! Welcome to the Dark Side! :P
"Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it; he that fears not, gives advantage to the danger."

Offline phelpsm3

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 07, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
hey i'm from East lansing area in Michigan and started free running while disc golfing. I love snowboarding and the outdoors. I am looking for others in the lansing area...hit me up...

Offline phelpsm3

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
east lansing anyone else
« Reply #1117 on: April 07, 2009, 02:24:41 PM »
hey i'm from East lansing area in Michigan and started free running while disc golfing. I love snowboarding and the outdoors. I am looking for others in the lansing area...hit me up...

Offline Nathan Coleman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I drew my pic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 07, 2009, 07:06:23 PM »
Hey everyone! My names Laura from Michigan! I've only been parkouring for a month or so, but I love it and hope to keep training for a long time :)
*clears throat* parkour is a noun! lol not a verb. so it would be doing Parkour not parkouring! but its okay i dont judge! :) its just around where i live i dont let anyone get away with that gotta make sure im on the top of my game! ;)

Offline Bdock7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 08, 2009, 11:34:31 AM »
Hey Everybody,

Long time member, first time poster to the forums... With my favorite season coming up again, lots of sources have been directing my interests back to pk... Might need tips on getting started, otherwise, I'll browse the forums and won't chime in unless I know what I'm talking about.