Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 521810 times)

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1080 on: March 19, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »
Much respect and love to all the APK people and the Tribe. 

My name is Chris, but you can call me TV Dog.  I am a beginning traceur and a law student attending school in Grundy, Virginia. 

I am also a sportswriter for Lethal Wrestling, a site devoted to parody and opinion content on all things pro wrestling and mixed martial arts, and Lethal Entertainment--the sister site devoted to pop culture. 

Parkour has been a godsend to me as I have also lived with bipolar manic depression and chronic anxiety disorder since i was 14 (I am 28 now).  The strict mental and physical discipline, combined with the sense of satisfaction and achievement when I accomplish a new movement or flow through a spot, has helped make me into a better person.

I am so happy that I discovered parkour as the mental aspect helps me solve the problems I face every day at law school.  When you know that you can accomplish a vault or a wall run it's kind of hard to fear a law school professor, no matter how intimidating they can be.

I look forward to being a positive, active contributor to APK's forums.

Posts by Mr. Seaton should be interpreted as simply for either informational purposes or his own pure amusement, and are never to be construed as providing legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.

Offline Charlie Robertstad

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 19, 2009, 12:43:02 PM »
I'm charlie, 22, live in Madison WI, I'm a noob, and am eager to plumb the depths of parkour and see what might be in it for me.

Offline SteeleJ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Mua.
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=26608069
« Reply #1082 on: March 19, 2009, 05:14:21 PM »
Hey everyone.

I've always loved running, but im a little out of shape. Parkour seems like something I could really get into, and I would love to meet up with someone in the Vista/Oceanside area that could help me with the basics (rolls, training, w/e)

I look forward to experienceing a whole new game. (those this is definately NO game.)

Peace!
Looking for a trainer/friend to work with me!

Offline Charletta

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Meow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 20, 2009, 12:40:47 PM »
Hey I'm Charlotte.
Presently in Carbondale, Illinois and going to SIUC.

I'm tired of training alone.

Hit me up if you want to start a training crew!

I like purple, heavy metal, and great heights.

Offline Lonnie Tisdale

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • San Diego Parkour, PKCali.com
« Reply #1084 on: March 23, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
Hey everyone.

I've always loved running, but im a little out of shape. Parkour seems like something I could really get into, and I would love to meet up with someone in the Vista/Oceanside area that could help me with the basics (rolls, training, w/e)

I look forward to experienceing a whole new game. (those this is definately NO game.)

Peace!

Hey, welcome! We have a big community in San Diego but not too much organization up in the Vista/Oceanside area. There are some Gym Sessions at a place called Gyminny Kids that you should check out. If you've got the transportation you should head down to Balboa Park in Downtown San Diego. We have sessions every weekend and we'd love to have you join us!

In case you hadnt noticed, we organize everything through PKCali.com which has a great community and we finally launched San Diego Parkour but theres not much content on there  just yet.
"Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it; he that fears not, gives advantage to the danger."

chiemi11

« Reply #1085 on: March 24, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »
ALOHA :D

I'm from New Zealand moved to New York and then Hawaii.
I went back to New Zealand last year where I started training parkour in Auckland city and loved it.
I came back to UH Hilo and still train every night around campus by myself I think there is like one or two people who train pk in Hilo.. but I never met up with them :(
I tried signing up to HIPK like 11 times and it wouldn't work so I gave up =/ but i'll try again :)

anyway I'm on myspace and facebook. just ask :)
i want someone to train with so if anyone is on the big island, :) :) :).

Offline Lonnie Tisdale

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »
I tried signing up to HIPK like 11 times and it wouldn't work so I gave up =/ but i'll try again :)

They've been having problems with spam accounts recently. You should send Ozzi a PM through here and he can create you one manually.
"Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it; he that fears not, gives advantage to the danger."

Offline ManUtd94631

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 24, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »
Wat up, i just got into this Parkour stuff when i saw this sick vid on youtube and i have to say that i really like this sport/discipline or (whatever you want to call it).

P.S> I live in a country/suburban setting so i really need some more places to practice at...I'm getting tired of free running the schools around here.

Offline Jessie K

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 24, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »
Hi.  I'm Jessie (richlybizarre13) and I'm currently in Rochester, NY.  I have trained on and off since September of last year, but I feel like I'm at the right point in my life to make parkour my focus.  I have been training consistently for the last two weeks with happydud and others and have made some amazing strength and skill gains already (by my standards).  I know that I have the right mindset and that I'm ready to get involved.

Offline training0ne

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 25, 2009, 07:07:24 AM »
Hey,
I'm Bryan and I try to do parkour but need help. Does anyone here live in Missouri?

Offline P.R. Stuart

• Guenons
  • An All-American Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 26, 2009, 07:46:09 AM »
Hello, I'm Patrick, I'm a Marine's kid living on a military installation in Okinawa, Japan.  Plan on joining special forces when I'm older (no joke) and have been interested in Parkour ever since I played Assassin's Creed, then Mirror's edge, and figured the two will go together well. (parkour/spec forces, not videogames). I'm in pretty good shape for a normal freshman, but kinda bad for a Traceur, judging by the workout.  Working on completing the basic workout and rolling right now.  Anybody else living on Oki?
I decided not to put something deep here.  I'm in this for the physical aspect, the mental and spiritual are my own.

Offline Mizuho

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 26, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Hey, I'm Jon. I'm from Cali original but moved to Washington. I live in Aberdeen, and do parkour with a friend with one leg. Him and me have been doing a little parkour for a couple months and mainly use it to mess around, while doing cool stuff. And I also did a parkour video, kinda sucky did it for school so couldn't do anything to extreme for it. I'm 17 and in shape and practice parkour on my own, but only do more intense things with a friend, since I don't feel like getting hurt.

Offline Smitty093

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 26, 2009, 08:39:39 PM »
Hi i'm 15. My name is Devon, but my friends call me Smitty. I've been checkin out PK alot n have really loved it. I live in Harcourt, IA (about 20 miles south of Fort Dodge) and dont really have many places to train. I'm workin on a little bit of the basics but i am determined to become better. Thanks to everybody for all the advice and the more i am sure is to come.

Offline Juxta

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 26, 2009, 11:10:09 PM »
Hey, my name is Stephen. I'm 19, born and raised in Oceanside, SoCal. I found out about parkour 2 years ago, but just now have the time and determination to get started. I ran XC and track all through High school and enjoyed it, so I figure I should take running to the next level.

Offline Lonnie Tisdale

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 27, 2009, 10:14:55 AM »
Hey, my name is Stephen. I'm 19, born and raised in Oceanside, SoCal. I found out about parkour 2 years ago, but just now have the time and determination to get started. I ran XC and track all through High school and enjoyed it, so I figure I should take running to the next level.

Welcome Stephen! There are a few people around Oceanside and vista who train at a place called Gyminny Kids or something and we have weekly session in Downtown San Diego if you can make it one of these days! Everything is organized through www.PKCali.com but we've recently got www.SDParkour.com up and running. Definitely check it out!

Offline Mason Albrecht

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: March 30, 2009, 01:35:33 PM »
Hey. I'm Mason. I live in Whichita Falls, Texas. I train with Brandon Dean.

Offline iliveanddie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 30, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
Hey there, I am new to Parkour but I have been a fan of it for a while.  I am currently serving in Vicenza, Italy, with the US Army, and I am a huge fan of Crossfit and figured it was about time for me to start doing something both fun and tough.  I did four years of competitive diving in highschool so I am hoping that it will help me out in atleast some way once I actually get started.

Offline THolt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 30, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »
Hey,

I'm Todd, I'm from Brooklyn, NY.  I got into freerunning a few years ago but just recently really started to get into it.  I mostly do it in the fall and summer, because I ski in the winter.

Offline Jason vonGermeten

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • If it is, then Kick it.
    • View Profile
    • The other thing I do, yeah?
« Reply #1098 on: March 30, 2009, 08:15:14 PM »
(those this is definately NO game.)

Haha.. No kidding. One slip could literally kill you.. Just don't be like me.. 6_6*
At any rate, it'll probably kill you.

Offline TMaster

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 31, 2009, 06:07:12 AM »
What UP, Im new here ;D