Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 533087 times)

chiemi

Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #980 on: January 23, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »
kia ora and aloha ;)

my names chiemi
im from new zealand but im going to uni in hawaii.. i started parkour last year around september in new zealand and i came back to hawaii for school and want to continue training :)

umm ya jus' ask if you like no anyting more!
okkk :)

Offline Thr33RinGZ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please anounce here!
« Reply #981 on: January 27, 2009, 08:19:39 AM »
Hi im KJ. I play lots of sports(5). So I thought i should try parkour.

Offline proximo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 27, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »
Hey im new to parkour and need some help any tips?  :) any workout routines you want to share and how should i start training and practicing parkour

Offline jgoldsney

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 28, 2009, 08:50:41 AM »
Well I chimed in on a thread so I figured I should stop in and give a brief intro.....

First off to most here I am an old geezer.....turning 33 shortly  :o I am a father of 2 rug rats and lead a busy hectic life. Howdy to those of you who are 30+.

I like most stumbled across the concept parkour almost by accident, I have been looking at getting in to better shape and in that persuit I was looking over some threads on a bodyweight exersize forum. They had a parkour section and ever curious I googled the word and found myself captivated by what I saw.

The more I read the more that I realized how much I could identify with a lot of what I heard. In a way I have always thought like a traceur, many times while I have been sitting waiting for someone I would look around and think how would I get out of here if someone was chasing me....it lead to some interesting thoughts thats for sure.

I am not sure right now if I will ever get in to this hard core but I do know that it has inspired me to get out and run (just as soon as the temp gets above -20°C) and for me that is a big thing to as I hate running...

Here are some thoughts to ponder.....(I love quotations) :D

Exercise alone provides psychological and physical benefits. However, if you also adopt a strategy that engages your mind while you exercise, you can get a whole host of psychological benefits fairly quickly.
James Rippe, M.D.

Fitness - If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.
Cher

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.
Paul Dudley White 

There are 10 kinds of people in the world....those who understand binary and those who don't

Offline KyleWP

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 28, 2009, 10:27:49 AM »
Hello! I just realized that I don't think I've posted here quite yet.  ;D

I'm 17 and live in Frederick, Maryland. When I was little, I was that weird kid who had more fun jumping off the monkey bars than going down the slide. ;)

I'll actually be hitting 18 in March, so I'm looking forward to that! Anyways, I stumbled into parkour when a friend of mine noticed that I liked hopping over walls and around the ropes-course at work, and asked if I had ever heard of it. Curious, I began to look into parkour and found that not only was it utterly fascinating, but that I really enjoyed the movement and philosophy!

It's a pleasure to meet you all. Looking forward to jamming with you soon.  8)
"A moment's insight is sometimes worth a lifetime of experience."

Offline Perplexity

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 28, 2009, 02:21:06 PM »
Hey, I'm Billy, also known as Perplexity, i live in Prague, which has some good urban areas for messing around, i first discovered parkour on youtube, (As well as District B13 xD) and, to be honest i've never actually seen anyone do parkour... although aparently there's some groups here, but they all speak Czech... and... my czech is ok, but, not the best it could be. So basically i'm an Amatuer, all i can do is a monkey vault, speed vault, lazy vault, and my roll is terrible, if i were to roll on concrete i would die, but my main goal this year is to be able to master rolls, and after that be able to do a wallspin :D

Nice to meet you all,

and nice to see this community is growing very quickly.

- PXY
We have nothing to fear, but fear itself.

Offline Drew1337

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 28, 2009, 11:34:39 PM »
Hey, I'm Drew from AZ. Just started PKin' and cant get enough of it.

Offline dracomasta13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 31, 2009, 03:11:10 PM »
Hey!, My name is Drake (not really, but it's what I like to call myself) and I've seen parkour everywhere, and I just want to start learning and practicing. It looks too fun!

Offline Ice_Beaver

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - Noobs! Make Thyneselves Knowns!
« Reply #988 on: January 31, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
Logan, Utah.. Not the best location for Freerunning, but there's always a way. No pun intended. Really.

Ninja Noob in training. Hya!

Offline Traceur Dana

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Backflip Off Slide
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 31, 2009, 08:27:08 PM »
                                    P A R K O U R ! ! !

Hey whats up, my names Dana and I started Parkour around May 1st 2008 and its going great! Hope To Inspire and be Inspired!

To Move Through An Ever-Changing Environment Without Hesitation

Offline dearth10101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: February 01, 2009, 07:40:26 PM »
yo i'm Ryan from temecula
and as of now i train alone
it blows
I started in the summer i only found this today

Offline NathanO

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 01, 2009, 08:08:21 PM »
Hi, I'm Nathan.  Just got into this stuff, and I love it.

I'm in the LA area in California.  I have a few friends into parkour, but I might look for a bigger group to train with or at least pick up some tips from.

Offline MPFleet

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • MPFleetCOPK
« Reply #992 on: February 01, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »
Mason Fleet, idk y I just haven't made an account on APK until now. Been doing Parkour for like 3 years?? idk. I've always been acrobatic in general, didn't officially start until then

email: MPFleet@gmail.com

hit me up if you're nearby

Offline Maurice Uchegbu

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 03, 2009, 12:14:11 PM »
Hey, Reece from Tampa, FL, hoping to start doing parkour, sounds like fun.
Life is all about how you view the world. Some view with rose tinted glasses, some through blinders, but those who see without the glasses are those who truly know how to live.

Offline Lonnie Tisdale

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • San Diego Parkour, PKCali.com
« Reply #994 on: February 03, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »
Quote from: dearth10101
yo i'm Ryan from temecula

Temecula, as in San Diego County, California? There are actually a few guys in your area who have been trying to find others to train with. Check the Forums on PKCali.com. Here's a recent thread: Hot spots near Temecula.

Quote from: NathanO
I'm in the LA area in California.  I have a few friends into parkour, but I might look for a bigger group to train with or at least pick up some tips from.

What's up bro? Check out www.PKCali.com to find people/sessions in your area.
"Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it; he that fears not, gives advantage to the danger."

Offline 43shur4

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 05, 2009, 10:29:27 AM »
Heya, Saw the Orgrimmar post, FOR T3H HORDE, I've been wanting to train for almost a year, the idea of Body over Fear excites (and scares) the heck out of me. I'm from Baltimore, and as far as I know, feel free to correct me, theres not many Traceurs out here. I'm in College at Frostburg State, and up here I want to train untill the weather evens out, I quit smoking (Yay me) and cleaned up my act so I can get started the right way. So hi, how ya doin? here to run? me too, let's get it started!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 05, 2009, 10:35:25 AM »
WELCOME NEW TRACEURS
Train safe, Have fun, and if you have any questions do not hesitate to check the forums and ask someone.

Heya, Saw the Orgrimmar post, FOR T3H HORDE, I've been wanting to train for almost a year, the idea of Body over Fear excites (and scares) the heck out of me. I'm from Baltimore, and as far as I know, feel free to correct me, theres not many Traceurs out here. I'm in College at Frostburg State, and up here I want to train untill the weather evens out, I quit smoking (Yay me) and cleaned up my act so I can get started the right way. So hi, how ya doin? here to run? me too, let's get it started!

what ORG post? Did I miss something? heh heh
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline grubb child

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 05, 2009, 11:45:39 AM »
My name is Alison and I'm in FL.  I've been looking at parkour on the net and it looks like a lot of fun.
I'm psyched to put myself to the test and see how I do.

Offline blazinace

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 05, 2009, 05:06:29 PM »
Watsup my name is Larry I live in Orlando, Fl and i'm really amped to start training and learning all about Parkour
Rails, Stairs, Trees, Walls so many to choose from and not enough time.

Offline The_Friendly_Flying_Monkey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Protest The Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 06, 2009, 01:04:18 PM »
Hey i'm Josh i'm from Utah