Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 545411 times)

Offline DJ Matty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2006, 12:23:38 AM »
Hey, my names Matt I am from the Champaign Area in IL and I've just gotten into Parkour, a few of my friends are interested too.

Offline Dagani

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »
Hey, my name is Eric.  Live in a tiny tiny town called Fort Mill in SC.  A friend and I just started about a week or so ago.  Loving it so far and very happy to find a place like this to read up on all the questions I had, which have already been answered by previous topics and posts.

We are loving getting into way better shape while having such an awesome time.  This seems like a great place to learn stuff from a lot of knowledgable people, which is good because we haven't found anyone to help us around here, so it's sort of a trial and error + experimentation process right now.

Offline PKintermediate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2006, 03:51:36 PM »
Hey, I'm new to both the forum and parkour (hince the name PKnoob). I just started today, and I'm loving it. I started on my rolls and landings today, hopefully tomorrow I'll work on landing then rolling in the same jump. I have only one problem, I live in the country with a lot of woods. I'm training of a hafe a dozen fallen trees, so I can't train on everything, but it does get the job done when it comes to training with jumps. But thats why I need to be on a team or something so we can go on a run out in tallahassee. BTW I live in north florida tallahassee and quincy. And I hope to get better as I progress and hope to either get in a team or to start one.

I started parkour, because my cousin skateboards and I can't skateboard because of where I live, but I think parkour will make up for it. I probably started learning at the right time, because my spring break started today, so I think I'll be working on parkour all week. Well for like at least 3hours, but never over 6hours a day (don't want to stress my-self). But I'll be working on things like kongs, vaults and stuff. Wish me luck.

P.S. If you live in my area (tallahassee, havana, quincy, greensbero, somewhere in those areas) then we should run sometime, defienetly if your new also, because we can train together. If you do have expirience then you can help me out until I get up to speed. Send me a PM if so, or e-mail me with your name, address and phone number. Please add some basic info like name, age stuff like that.
Well, I think I can do my landings and rolls right, I just need to combine them.

Do you live in a area close to tallahassee? Then we should run sometime.

Offline Luna

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2006, 05:22:19 AM »
As far as i read in this topic there were no European members ???
LoL

Oh btw , im Luna
From Estonia ( Next to Russia ;D )
Started with pk in 25'th of march 2005 :P

Stay Cool guys and keep up the exelent work.

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2006, 12:00:09 PM »
cool, you almost got up to you're one year anniversary, Good luck and theres no eropean traceurs becase this is AMERICANparkour, and they have alot of websites representing them.

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2006, 03:30:10 PM »
.....but your welcome here anyway  ;)
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

Offline ValkyrieRising

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2006, 06:13:05 PM »
Umm.... Hi! Don't eat me?
Mors ultima linea rerum est

Offline Luna

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2006, 07:14:16 PM »

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2006, 10:08:08 PM »
Oh, I'm new.  LoL.  Didn't see this thread before.

My name is Andy and I am from Alexandria, Virginia OR Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.  Whichever you prefer.  I was actually born in Houston, Texas, but I've lived 18 years of my life in Alexandria.  I've lived in Hamilton for two years, but I still spend summers back in VA.

New to Parkour, as my posts must surely lead one to believe.  Am having a lot of fun and it's, in the first few weeks of pure physical training, has a noticeable change in the health and aesthetic appeal of my body.  So let's hoping that it'll have more.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2006, 08:37:17 PM »
Hey this is Dale.  or FreeStyleFox.
Indiana based.
At it about ten months as of march 06.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline tinnmann

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2006, 09:04:27 PM »
hola me llamo tinnmann
im pretty new to parkour even though ive done it a little i just never really knew what it was

Offline fastt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2006, 11:19:16 PM »
hey my name is kc. i've watched  a lot of parkour vid, but until yesterday i really wanted to learn. i have no one to train with so i have a feeling it's gonna be hard for me to learn

Offline Cyro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace (Where I keep myself accountable)
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2006, 06:41:37 AM »
Hey all, I'm Cyro, or if you must, Rob.

I'm in Toledo, OH. I live near and attend Uni of Toledo. I'm here to learn, and hopefully find people in the area that can help a new guy get going.

Oh, and I learn fast. Such as yesterday I learned it's time to get new shoes if I'm going to keep practicing rolls and move up. The bare foot lands so much better than hardsole shoes....

Offline saimonbike

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2006, 06:21:45 PM »
hola:compadres amigos
soy de chile (arica)
 ago dos deportes parkour y downhill
bueno no soy muy bueno para el ingles asi que trato de haer lo pocible

hola: friends I am of Chile (arica) ago two sports parkour and downhill good I am not very good for ingles asi that treatment of haer the littleible thing

Offline Foofaraw

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2006, 08:58:23 PM »
Hey, I'm Kris. Some call me D-trow. Not many.  I've just started to parkour with a few friends and we've caught the bug pretty intensly. We are in the central Illinois area and having a good time learning things.

Major things I've learned: Chuck Taylors are horrible parkour shoes, rolling is very important, falling hurts a lot more when you don't know how to do it properly.

I have a love of music. I'm pretty sure that is all.

Offline Portorangepk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Original Florida Traceur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2006, 03:39:39 PM »
was sup! ;D

I guess i registerd here a long time ago or summin lol dont remember. Well anywayzzzzzzzz...........some of you might remember me but i have been doing parkour for 2 years now and live in Florida. I was active on UF and parkour.net if any of you go on there.

Well anyways ill stay active and try to be helpfull! so.........yeah :D
Florida Traceur and Pissface :-P

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2006, 08:01:55 PM »
Hey there. My name is Happydud, and I'm from the Annapolis, Maryland area. I've recruited about 4 or 5 friends, and we've been practicing every weekend (and using the week to heal our sore muscles) for three weeks or so.

If anyone wants to come visit us, we've got some decent tromping grounds that we've been practicing on, and we would ADORE you if you could come down for an afternoon and give us some pointers. Internet videos and text descriptions don't always cut it.

All I know is that I'm a parkour addict.

Offline jetson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2006, 07:56:40 AM »
Hey, I'm yet another noob.  I'm Nick and I'm in Colorado.  I'm just getting into this Parkour thing and am pretty hyped about it.  I found the site through some Crossfit links.  I'm on the search and rescue team here in my county (Larimer) and spend a lot of time outside.

Hope to meet some of you sometime.  I don't know anyone else up here that's into this.

N

Axel

« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2006, 08:14:42 AM »
Heeey.  I'm Alex, aka Axel.  I've only known about Parkour for (days?) now... so I'm pretty new.  I've always jumped around and things like that, but I still need to learn the Parkour movements - I'm working on rolling and handstands right now.

I'm from Golden, Colorado, and can be found anywhere around there, including the Auraria Campus at school.

Offline Chris O

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2006, 05:23:22 PM »
Hello everyone...I'm another noob.

I first saw a parkour vid a couple years ago, but not until the last couple months did I get really interested in PK and the philosophy behind it.  It seems that compaired to the rest of the PK community I'm old (30) and a bit overweight.  I'm currently trying to do all the work out's of the day to drop the weight, and just admiring the fluidity involved in PK.  Someday I'll be a real traceur, but until then I'm living vicariously through the rest of you on this board...so keep posting up the great videos!

~Oz