Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 545940 times)

Offline brewer.kyle

• Guenons
  • Awww yea!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #640 on: May 08, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »
I would also suggest visiting this page: http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=8492.0;topicseen
Urban Current does a lot of tutorials and I learn something new every time I watch one.
Cut Hands.
Scraped Forearms and Elbows.
Head is Pounding.
Heart is Racing.
Knees barely bend at the end of the day.
We start again tomorrow, Traceur.

Offline MiniRunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 09, 2008, 12:00:13 PM »
Hi ive recently joined im Mini runner cos im only 13 n i live in england. I wish we had decent places ova here like you do in america. ;D ;D ;D

Offline DJ FroZone

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 09, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »
TALLY HO! Yes its true DJ FroZone has arrived. I've always followed free running and parkour. Im an avid beatboxer i roll in binghamton NY, looking for other runners in the area as once again at the bottom of the learning pyramid. If any runners want some beatbox lessons or DJing or something PM me

myspace.com/djfrozone
youtube.com/djfrozone

Peace to all and remeber to tuck your chin when u roll and land on the balls of your feet (so important)

Offline Rocco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 10, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »
Hi I just joined and I'm new to parkour and free running. I live in South Coventry Township (near Pottstown, PA) and I'm looking for some people/places to train with/at.

Offline vault000

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 11, 2008, 01:13:49 PM »
yea im new, I live in new york on long island and I have been practicing parkour for about a year with my friends ;D 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:16:19 PM by vault000 »

Offline sdwinder9x

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 12, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
Hey ya'll.  My name is Vinnie and I'm from Los Angeles.  I just recently have been getting into Parkour through some friends; before doing Parkour, I used to, martial arts, BMX and as of yet I skate.  I just think Parkour is a better sport than anything else I have done in the past because your body is your only tool, and the motions feel more fluid than they would if you were skating or riding a bike.  That's not to say that I won't continue doing what I did, but PK is just more fun. ;)

Offline Richard Pete

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 14, 2008, 06:06:09 AM »
Yo, this is Pete or PeterParkour if you wish currently living in Hawaii, originally from Ohio. been training for 3 years now. Part of Urban Current here in honolulu and i train with Ozzi and Adam so yeah....i'm kind of a big deal....not a lot of people know me though.

Aloha

Offline freesoul

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 15, 2008, 12:15:11 AM »
Hi, my name is Andrew, i'd say at this point I am very unhealthy.
Um...I have never been apt for flips and things of that nature.
I am apt to hard hits, falls, and slams. I mountain biked as a kid and now I do freestyle flatland and very little street and transition skating. I have pretty good balance, and always have.

Pretty much spoiled when it comes to food, so eat really unhealthy but I am trying to work on that.

Um...my interest in parkour and free running was first peeked from watching Tony Jaa in Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior, and The Protector

Offline itsERIC

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 18, 2008, 10:51:49 AM »
Hey everyone my names Eric and i got into parkour through Vinnie, sdwinder9x , he started getting into it so he told me to check it out and i went with them and actually enjoyed it. As a matter of fact i was at the glendale police station last night due to a friend being arrested and i was hopping up and down the wall. It feels like it became me, if i find a nice wall and a perfict oppertunity ill be like heck why not, what else am i going to do around 9:30 pm or 10 pm in front of a police station.

Offline SpinA7X420

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 19, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »
My name is Connor, I live in South Florida, and I am a beginner free runner. Joined in an attempt to enhance my skill by tutorials and such.

Offline Coshy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 19, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm glad to be apart of such a wonderful sport/philosophy. I've been doing parkour for a couple of weeks now and really enjoy it. I hope to keep getting better and better with as little injuries as possible.

I hope parkour will spread throughout the whole world and everyone can see how great it is and share the same joy we get from it ;D

Offline dudeitzdaniela

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 20, 2008, 04:39:51 AM »
ima new member =] daniela velez aka dee, from tha ny
i was in the miss ny teen pageant last year & im going again this year.
i like to jump off, climb, swing, and fall off stuff.

Offline s00perb4k4

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 20, 2008, 06:24:57 PM »
just tossing my obligatory first noobie post in the new member thread.

call me s00per, s00perb4k4, b4k4, whatever...

from joplin, MO.  don't know if there're any practitioners around here, but i hope there are, as training by yourself for ANYTHING can become boring quite quickly.

i've been watching parkour/free running videos for a couple years now, but i'm actually going to start training tomorrow.

i used to skateboard (1997-2005), and when i didn't have a board with me, i was always jumping/spinning over and around things, running down handrails, basically skateboarding with my legs, and i loved doing it as much as i loved skating.  but seeing parkour/free running has gotten me even more pumped, as before i rarely used my arms, and now i'll get a chance to.

to be fair though, i'm more interested in free running than parkour (no offense, i blame it on my love of tricks from skating), so that's what i'll be practicing more of.  so far, i haven't even seen any mention of free running in the forums, so i hope someone can point me to it.

hope that you all can help me with any questions i have, and that someday i'll be where you are, helping the noobs who come after me.

- s00perb4k4

Offline Fnord

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 21, 2008, 03:09:24 AM »
Hello!

We are actually two people, Wes (25) and Coryn (23).  I guess it's three if you count our daughter Sasa (2).  Anyway, we are from Atlanta but we live in Shanghai and we've only been training for parkour for about two weeks.  I guess it goes without saying that parkour is awesome!  Anyway, APK and the forums have already helped us out immensely, so thanks to everybody who posts here.

PS: If it's against etiquette to have two people under a single handle please let us know ???.  It's just more convenient for us because we use the same computer and train together anyway.

-Coryn & Wes

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #654 on: May 21, 2008, 03:33:01 AM »
h1 d00dz, i'm lyke, adammcc. 1'm da nubz wen it cums to parcour LoLz!! how do u do it?

*sorry, it was the coffee*

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline BatmanNYPK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 21, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »
My names Don im better known as Batman around the NYPK group, im from Long Island, NY I've been doing parkour since last august and I've been on NYPK since october i think* a few weeks before the David Belle jame* And I never acualy bothered to make an APK account till now Since im pretty acitve on NYPK but i figure 2 forums are better than 1.

Offline kevinkrg6

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 23, 2008, 07:56:49 PM »
Hi, My names Kevin.  I stumbled upon Parkour after looking around the internet.  I kind of have a concept of what Parkour is, but it looks bvery interested and I would like to get started with it.  I just have a few questions.  I don't really know where I could train myself for parkour.  I have a swingset in my back yard that I could climb around on. plus I have a back porch I can jump on and off of.  Any other ideas of how to train?  I kinda don't want to get into trouble, because I know parkour isn't illegal, but it can be.  Although it's totally awesome, I don't think it's a great idea to go climbing and running around the mall or my school.  Any other tips would be great, thanks.   

Offline Joe "jspan1013" Spano

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 27, 2008, 03:06:50 PM »
jspan1013 - Joe - NJ.I'm new to parkour and have been interested in it for about a year now looking for info on parkour, and really understand the philosophical meaning of parkour fully now.I've been lurking this site for a year now have finally registered to become a member.Now all i need is some Airiake's and i'm set to start training, what i'm stuck on deciding is what ariake to get the Kirov mesh (Because of the price more so), Regular Airiake (The only thing is the price.), or the Ariake Lite Mesh (Which is at a pretty reasonable in between price but i'm not sure on which is the best.) That's it for me.Soon once i get my shoes and start training i guess i'll make my own training log.     

Offline Charlie" Frontflip" Chase

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 27, 2008, 03:35:07 PM »
Hi, My names Kevin.  I stumbled upon Parkour after looking around the internet.  I kind of have a concept of what Parkour is, but it looks bvery interested and I would like to get started with it.  I just have a few questions.  I don't really know where I could train myself for parkour.  I have a swingset in my back yard that I could climb around on. plus I have a back porch I can jump on and off of.  Any other ideas of how to train?  I kinda don't want to get into trouble, because I know parkour isn't illegal, but it can be.  Although it's totally awesome, I don't think it's a great idea to go climbing and running around the mall or my school.  Any other tips would be great, thanks.   

Welcome to APK.
Some good places to start off training are parks around where you live if there are any. Don't just start jumping off of your porch just yet you need to work your way up to it regardless of the height. To start off just look at the tutorials section on apk and begin practicing the basic vaults and techniques. Slowly work your way up to the more difficult techniques. Also starting on some sort of exercise program will be very beneficial for you, like push ups and sit ups. Good luck with your training.

jspan1013 - Joe - NJ.I'm new to parkour and have been interested in it for about a year now looking for info on parkour, and really understand the philosophical meaning of parkour fully now.I've been lurking this site for a year now have finally registered to become a member.Now all i need is some Airiake's and i'm set to start training, what i'm stuck on deciding is what ariake to get the Kirov mesh (Because of the price more so), Regular Airiake (The only thing is the price.), or the Ariake Lite Mesh (Which is at a pretty reasonable in between price but i'm not sure on which is the best.) That's it for me.Soon once i get my shoes and start training i guess i'll make my own training log.     

Firstly welcome to APK and secondly you don't need ariakes to train parkour you just need some comfy shoes with decent grip.
What you see depends on what you're looking for.
What is worse Ignorance or Apathy?
I don't know and i don't care.

Offline Joe "jspan1013" Spano

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 27, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »
Thanks, i was considering about getting some Nike Shox, or Nike Air Peagusus 2007 model to use for parkour are they any good?And i know i don't need ariakes it's just that they'd probably help me progress faster then say some etnies, do you get what i'm saying?