Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 543893 times)

Offline SERKSone

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #960 on: January 13, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
Hey folks,
SERKSone here, you can call me Tom.  I do parkour in buffalo and the surrounding areas, ive been doing it for a few years, and just figured i would join the network to see what it had to offer. 

Offline Todd Santee

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 14, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »
Newbie of Parkour here!

Hi, I'm Todd from Colorado.  I attended COPK Aurora location for the fundamentals and intermediate class.  I know the guys from there and was told to check out the forums.  Here I am!
We want to overcome our fears, not ignore them.

Offline apktroy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 14, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »
Hey guys!! My name is Troy and i've been practicing parkour for about a week now. On the 3rd day i did my first cat leap and rolled at the end of my drop. (Boy that was pretty!) i'm also focusing more on my landing and vaults which i haven't quite mastered yet. I have not yet to start tic-tacs or cranes but i'll get there. I'm also trying to learn hot to wall run up the wall and grab to the ledge. I'm having a few problems but hopely you guys can help me out. Thanks and i think i'm going to love being a traceur.
Dr. Octagonapus......

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 14, 2009, 10:11:38 PM »
WELCOME

Glad to see you joining the Parkour Community. Questions, Comments, or Concerns can and will be addressed through these forums to the best of the APK members' abilities. I hope you all have fun and Train Safe
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline megummi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 15, 2009, 10:52:50 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm Meg from Seattle, WA and I'm interested in conditioning for and learning parkour because I find parkour's philosophy of overcoming obstacles to be really motivating with regards to working out-- I don't like working out unless its somewhat practical, y'know?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to improving my endurance, strength and speed. I'm a complete newbie to parkour (save for when I was 10 and climbing and jumping stuff like a monkey on crack) so I'm working my way up slowly. \m/(' v ')\m/ Wish me luck~!

Offline Booter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 15, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »
Hey everyone! My name's Chris, I'm an LSU student in Baton Rouge, LA. I've been training about six months, proficient with most basic skills.

Offline Run_Rabbit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 16, 2009, 06:51:53 AM »
Hello,
Kit from the Nebraska here, just stumbled upon Parkour, (I know, I recently moved out from the rock I was living under) and found its philosophy to be very encouraging and refreshing. I look forward to what I can learn, and the challenges ahead--hopefully I'll locate someone who I can train with. Until then, I’ll try not to explode from my own giddiness that I found this place.
 ;D
"Find your own path."

Offline Jokrtothethief

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 16, 2009, 10:42:35 AM »
Brandon from Lafayette Louisiana;

I've always been athletic and agile but never anything like this.
Looking forward to trying to get into it even with my rough schedule.

Offline Steel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #968 on: January 17, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »
Hey, everyone. I'm Phil. I'm from the Chicagoland Area in a town called Morris. I'm not very experienced, but to tell you the truth, Morris isn't the best place to train. There aren't any hot spots. And the fact there's about 7 in of snow on the ground and it's been below zero the past 2 days, haha. It also seems like I'm the only person here who's even remotely interested in parkour. So I was just looking for anybody in that area who knows of a good place close by where I can practice.

Offline Designertoast

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 17, 2009, 11:00:13 AM »
Hey everyone, this be Casey from Mount Pleasant Michigan. I only just heard of Parkour and I can't even tell you how much I want to be able to do this. I'm a girl, and fairly athletic, but with very little upper body strength so it's going to take me some time to build that up. But I can't wait to get in shape and hopefully find some people in this college town to train with. If you're around CMU, let me know!

Offline germaniac

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • No risk, more fun.
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Hannover (so far German version only)
« Reply #970 on: January 17, 2009, 11:25:40 AM »
Hey, this is Mary. I used to live in VA, now I'm in Germany and maybe Poland will be my next stop, dunno yet. Of course I'll get back to the States sooner or later as well, year tbd. I started Parkour a couple months ago, also joined the forum back then but never introduced myself. Other than Parkour I spend my time with team handball, my job and, well, studying the Polish language once a week. Any questions, feel free to drop me a line. Safe training to y'all.
"No matter that we may mount on stilts, we still must walk on our own legs. And on the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom." Michel de Montaigne, 1533-1592

Offline Justin L.

• Patas
  • Life is about balance
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 17, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »
Hey! :)

I'm from West Chester, PA.

Been only training a few weeks, but getting good :)

Offline Bryan H.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 18, 2009, 07:56:58 PM »
Hey everyone I am new to this forum hopefully I posted this right=P

My name is Bryan
I live in Maryland in The United States Of America

I am new to Parkour as of two days. I can do a few moves PK Roll, Lazy vault, Precision jump that is what I am working on trying to get good at it before I try anything else=)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:59:18 PM by APK4ever »

Offline JDNewman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 18, 2009, 10:39:19 PM »
Hello all! I'm fairly new to the forums and to parkour.  Currently living in the Denver/Aurora area.  Moved here from Indiana in Oct '07 and it was the best choice Ive made since going to college!  Im out of shape and about 25-30 lbs overweight.  I saw the movie "District B13" about 2 years ago and got my first introduction to David Belle and parkour.  After I moved, I found out that Colorado evidently has a good sized following of the sport and Im eager to begin training (starting with a dietary overhaul).  Hoping to be ready to start structured classes and group events this summer.  Also planning to maintain a journal of my pre-training/training progression to contribute to the forum in the future.  And thank you to the admins/mods of this forum, it has been an excellent resource for me so far as a beginner!    ;D

Offline Emerson Killion

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 20, 2009, 09:22:17 AM »
Hey all, I'm from Colorado Springs, in the great state of (you guessed it) Colorado!  I've  dabbled in parkour for about 3 years now, but this is the first community I've joined.  I started doing the W.O.D. well, what I could of it (L pullups kick my lazy butt), and began browsing the forums.  I was incredibly excited to see the respect both for members, and for the parkour environment.  As an avid caver and outdoorsman, the Leave No Trace initiative is a critical element to everything I do.  I'm always thrilled to get into a community of like minds, and hopefully I will kick into gear with the support or chiding (I respond equally to either one) of APK.
-- Emerson

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: January 20, 2009, 11:57:02 AM »
WELCOME  To the American Parkour Community

If you have any Questions be sure to utilize the Search on the forums to better find answers to your queries.
Have Fun train Safe
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline limEy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 20, 2009, 09:44:36 PM »
Hello!
I'm from Sacramento, CA
I've only been training for a couple weeks.

Offline Boreaus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 21, 2009, 12:19:11 AM »
Hello peoples,

Boreaus here, I'm from Seattle, WA. Been interested in pk for the last few months and just starting out now.

Offline BlueEyedLeo24

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 22, 2009, 10:40:04 AM »
My name is Luke, I'm a noob at parkour/freerunning.  Haven't even started training, and lookin' for some direction!  Seen parkour stuff on the discovery channel, thought it was cool, but recently saw some stuff from Paul Darnell (Tempest freerunning - Los Angeles CA) He's from my state - real close to where I live (Newport News, VA) and got inspired.  Looking forward to making connections and learning!

Offline Hattie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 23, 2009, 01:45:52 PM »
Heya my name is Hattie and I have only just recently started training for parkour. I live near London and have been inspired by videos on youtube. I did kung fu for a year so hopefully this training helps me! Looking for some form of direction of how to start. Please help!