Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 546507 times)

Offline projektblue

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #940 on: January 01, 2009, 12:14:35 AM »
sup! omaha ne for the win. havent been doing parkour for long.... so my skillz are somewhere in between  ??? and  :D but if youre in omaha send me an email or something cause im new.

Offline sdaniels009

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #941 on: January 01, 2009, 01:39:02 PM »
hello all!!!
ive been doing parkour seriously for almost a 2 years now. i started out wanting to learn how to trick and came across parkour on youtube. when i started i just climbed jumped and flipped. i seriously started learning parkour for a year now. i find the more i learned about the movement, the more questions i had and the more i trained to find the answers :)

i am an active member of sfparkour.com and i am part of SacPk (sacramento,ca)

this is my hello to everyone!

Offline Rama

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 01, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »
ELLO!
My name is Justin Barrett. I am a martial arts student in Spartanburg, SC. I am an advanced brown belt. Im also in raider team for the JROTC. I do xma. The reason I expressed interest in Parkour is because I see alot of parellism of the movements derived from xma in free running. i think I am fit enough to do some freerunning....i run an average of 4 miles per week. I can do at least a 100 pushups and 70 situps....but i can only do 18 pullups. i think i have to work on my fitness before i do this. In xma i can do a 540 kick, i can do partly a flair, i can do a kipup....and my handstands arent pretty but there at least decent. i also get alot of flexibilty from martial arts- and work on alot of muscle groups as well. Are there anybody interested in free running near Spartanburg , SC? If not i can probaly start a little group of my own. Dowtown spartanburg is- wat i believe- a good place to freerun.

Offline uschi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • IRON MAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 04, 2009, 06:54:29 AM »
umm hi. i'm uschi/ tricia and i just learned a bit about parkour (what it was ect) and free running just about a couple of weeks ago, i'm working on getting strong enough to do parkour and free running but it slow going. i'm from new york and i am a freshman in highschool. i think i know one person on here but idk his name lawl (we used to be friends on a diffrent forum) anyway good to "meet" all of ya, i hope i'm ready for this lawl see ya around
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:09:10 AM by tricia29 »
cenarious: tikala
grizzly hills: uschi
feathermoon: bucephala
xbox live: gymgirl540

"it's impossible to make anything fool proof, because fools are so ingenious"

"artifical intelegents is no match for natural stupidity"

Offline zombiemaster

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 04, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »
Hello.
I'm James aka zombie. I learned about parkour from a car commercial a couple years ago actually. The small print at the bottom of the screen said "professional freerunners. do not attempt." and of course, I had to try it. Just recently though have I really gotten serious about wanting to stay in shape and dedicate to parkour. So if you're from south MS email me, I'd like to find some people to run with.

Offline Nou

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 06, 2009, 09:51:11 AM »
Hello all, new member from waldorf,MD here.about an hour and a half from baltimore,and maybe 20/30 minutes from D.C. i just started parkour,but i dont really have anyone to train with,ive been practicing solo for about a month now,so if youre near my area, drop me a line. my A!M is stripperanbu. peace,=)

Offline lindsay_michelle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 06, 2009, 10:14:22 AM »
heyyy

im lindsay nd im brand new to this whole parkour thing. but it looks so awesome and if you have any tips, lemme know; ) thanks everybody.

oh, im from missouri by the way!

Offline cadaversparkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Band "The Sunshine Cadavers"
« Reply #947 on: January 06, 2009, 05:44:49 PM »
Hello there everybody.

My name is Benjamin.

Location: Waterford(Near Pontiac in the metro Detroit area), Michigan

Time Practiced: have yet to even "practice" parkour. But, I have been conditioning to get myself ready to practice parkour.

Comrades: My break dancing saxophonist, my Ex Guitarist and my DDR buddy(my brother) [we plan to start practicing in the next week or two.

Hobbies: I playing in a jazz/progressive/rock/hiphop/whatever else band called "The Sunshine Cadavers" (check us out www.myspace.com/sunshinecadavers ), I also work on cars as a hobbie and for a living, I play too much Dance Dance Revolution and thanks to the wonderful food network I now enjoy learning how to cook. 

Hoping to learn a lot.  ;D

Offline Rokisabre

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 06, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »
What's up, it's Rokisabre. I'm living in Deer Park (basically Houston, Tx.) for the next year or two, then I'm shifting to w/e university I plan on finishing my degree.

No crew to hang out with yet, because I'm just starting out, but looking forward to learning some cool stuff and sharin' some cool stuff I learn along the way.
Something profound and thought provoking, but not at the same time.

Offline Zach Hu Zerdaty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Traceur for life.
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #949 on: January 07, 2009, 09:01:29 AM »
Hello! it is I Zach Hu Zerdaty (Gebro xD) [Whos your daty? lol] and i love parkour hit me up on MSN, looking for training palls, peace.
Peace - Zach Hu Zerdaty.

Offline Gentile

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 07, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »
Hi
i live around Dekalb Illinois I'm 12 years old and I want to learn parkour  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline sarafurter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 09, 2009, 12:18:22 AM »
Hey, I'm Sara and am really new to Parkour. Right now, I'm working on learning basic landing and rolls while I build up my strength for more advanced Parkour. I'm located in the Huntington, WV / Ashland, KY area and am impatiently waiting for winter to pass so I can go outside to practice.

I'm 21 years old and am really looking forward to time spent on here so I can learn as much as possible about the amazing Parkour.

So, hello everyone!!

Offline Zach Hu Zerdaty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Traceur for life.
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #952 on: January 09, 2009, 07:55:45 AM »
Hey, I'm Sara and am really new to Parkour. Right now, I'm working on learning basic landing and rolls while I build up my strength for more advanced Parkour. I'm located in the Huntington, WV / Ashland, KY area and am impatiently waiting for winter to pass so I can go outside to practice.

I'm 21 years old and am really looking forward to time spent on here so I can learn as much as possible about the amazing Parkour.

So, hello everyone!!

nice choice in parkour. youl like it.
Peace - Zach Hu Zerdaty.

Offline alinakathryn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 09, 2009, 12:50:55 PM »
Hello,

Another newbie. I'm interested in parkour. I have to get much much stronger before I can start.

Nice to meet everyone
alinakathryn in Atlanta

Offline Zach Hu Zerdaty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Traceur for life.
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #954 on: January 09, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »
Hello,

Another newbie. I'm interested in parkour. I have to get much much stronger before I can start.

Nice to meet everyone
alinakathryn in Atlanta

I started not the strongest, I was stronger than most of my friends, but, you realy can start being weak, and get stronger in doing parkour.
Peace - Zach Hu Zerdaty.

Offline Jason L.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 11, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »
started running 2 months ago.  loved it.  went looking for tips and stumbled across parkour.  liked the idea of learning to clear obstacles to continue running.  definitely like the concept of quadruped running
looking forward to training with the other MD folks in a few months, when my schedule clears

Offline Stephanie Belle Hagan

• Mangabey
  • poof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 12, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »
Good luck on your training! Here are the Maryland boards, if you want.  ;)

http://www.americanparkour.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,159/board,25.0/
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So, what the hell, leap!"
-Unknown

Offline Motiv

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 13, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »
Whats up? I'm James from Lubbock, Tx. I am starting a new workout program, and wanted to give parkour a try. I don't think there is anyone from my area here.

Now just to keep my motivation up...

Offline Overunderground

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 13, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
Fresh meat in the house. Wondering if anyone from the Central Ohio area is in here and if so...drop me a line. My buddy and I are about to hit Parkour head on and headstrong. So again, if anyone is from Ohio in here we're looking for a nice place to train and some people to train with, and more than likely some sort of gym to train in until the weather breaks. Thanks guys. I hope to be on here a lot!

Trey

Offline spike_gurl

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 13, 2009, 01:01:41 PM »
hey, spike_gurl aka Macy here. I hail from Whitewater, KS and thought i try and a new extreme sport. wish me luck