Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 562706 times)

Offline Malkizor

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #700 on: July 09, 2008, 12:42:46 AM »
Hi all.
My names Brian (16) i live near Niagara Falls NY and just recently found out about this.

Offline lilty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 11, 2008, 02:05:31 PM »
hola,

im tyler from Shreveport/Ruston/Natchitoches, Louisiana and im also from SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
yes i live in every place i have listed
(ask about my situation to fully understand)

im 15 and turn 16 before the jam in san antonio and was wondering what it takes to be invited??

i've never been to a jam and have been training in freerunning for 2.5 years
im a tricker turned freerunner looking to make the transition to traceur.

Offline mcnobody

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 13, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »
It took me a lot to come here... I'm from Bosnia. Joined here because there is no real Parkour community in Bosnia, nor in the region. Hope I'll learn something here... gl - hf from mcnobody aka FatAss

Offline Ross Cooper

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 13, 2008, 11:51:36 PM »
Hello,

My name is Ross Cooper and I am a 32 year old living in Chiloquin Oregon. When I get in my way back machine and go back to 1991 I remember just having fun and making the shortest routes around my church. I rarely used the stairs. Mostly Planters, Walls and railings. And just recently I've found myself getting back into the very same thing but now I live in a self made log cabin in the forest of Oregon.

I just have a blast finding new places to hope to and from and logs to run on and vault over.

Of course the years have not been kind, nor have years as a Soccer goalie but I gotta say clearing the railing on my cabins deck and rolling out of the landing was nice. As was hurdling the canoe on top of my dogs unfinished doghouse.

Anyhow.

I just wanted to join the community here, and hopefully I can get back into doing Parkour more seriously.

Warmest regards from the back end of nowhere...where squirrels are your only Parkour companions.

R.C.

Offline Shadowcat

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 14, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
Hello to all, Andrew from northern VA here.  I'm just getting into free running, but it looks like it's going to be a long and enlightening run.  I'll see you all out there!

Offline bmxbuddy4

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 15, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »
Hey my name is Nitesh. I'm 17 and new to parkour and free running. I'm looking for other people who are in the dallas area that i can parkour with and learn with.

Offline ArtsyWright

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 16, 2008, 08:14:24 AM »
Hello all. My name is Sorsha, I'm from Mississippi, and I am 16 years old. I discovered Parkour only about a week ago. Thusly I'm just practicing rolling, and landing from tiny jumps. I live out in a very rural and sparse area, so it's going to actually be a little difficult to find obstacles, but I've got a long way to go before I start jumping over things, so I'm not all that concerned. :P I've never been too into exercising hard, but a couple months ago I started doing Crossfit, which I've really enjoyed.

Offline Skate Troe

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 16, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »
Hello, everyone!
Skate Troe, at your service *bows.*

My real name is Mark, and I'd rather not mention my last name.
I'm fourteen, and have been doing parkour for a good four days now.
I'm from Missouri.
I don't know/train with anyone on this board as of yet. although I hope to soon.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck was CHUCK NORRIS???

I miss Pluto ;.;

Offline Dezmond

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New
« Reply #708 on: July 18, 2008, 11:55:19 AM »
Hello Parkour/Freerunning world, My name is Jeremy Desmond Cooper ...I'm new

I heard about all this a bit back but now I'm actually trying to get into it, I'm doing the exercises in this article daily (www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_150/175_fitness_tip.html). I practice about every week on the top of my school (It's like an obstacle course up there). I can't really do anything ...at all, so yeah.

Also I'm 15(don't say a word), and very lazy, so if someone could help me stay accountable with my practice that would be cool (If you don't want to, I don't care)

So anyways, just introducing myself

Offline Ryan T.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Hello from MPLS!
« Reply #709 on: July 18, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »
So I just discovered that some of the games I play running around town have a name. Parkour! I really enjoy trying to push myself and this feels like just the ticket.

I spend a lot of time doing Martial Arts. T'ai-Chi Ch'uan and a little bit of Liu Ho Pa Fa. Body mechanics and body efficiencies are key to both of those styles so PK is a perfect fit. The conditioning doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for venue! I am already finding a ton of great info.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. - Ayn Rand

Offline Rat

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 18, 2008, 10:03:21 PM »
Hi everyone,
Glad to be here.  I found this site through another forum's off-topic discussion and decided that Parkour/Free Running would be just the ticket for me.  Sports (as traditionally thought of in the US) don't really appeal to me, but I love climbing and obstacle courses.  Staying in shape is not my first instinct, so with some smart goal-setting (and hopefully some encouragement from you guys!) I will be more motivated to take care of myself.  Past activities include high school track (longjump, but who said I was any good  :P ) and Taekwondo.

Rat
(PS--the forum got weird on me for a sec, sorry if this ends up a double-post.  Sheesh, great first impression there, Rat!  ::) )

Offline katsurachan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 19, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
HI EVERYONE!!!!~

ok no more caps....my name is kacey, i live in corona, CA, and im 14. I found out about parkour a few months ago when i was looking up 'how to be a ninja' but i clicked links and found parkour.

Most of the time im in my room on the computer playing games or surfing the web. Right now im practicing rolls and jumping off of furniture for landings. I am also VERY addicted to junk food, but im slowly starting to eat more healthier things, sorta.

If theres anything else you want to know just PM me.

Offline Roof2Roofstunts

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 22, 2008, 01:34:52 AM »
Hey there I'm Dom

an aussie free runner just coming through

check out my stuff on youtbe under roof2roof

peace

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:13:38 AM by Zachary Cohn »

Offline Clay{ARaven}Bugh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 24, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »
hey its clayy!!!!

I'm from good ol Arkansas   :-\

owell, gotta represent!

Offline Mark J 0.Q

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • "Son of a-..."
    • View Profile
    • Myspace! Hit me up?
« Reply #714 on: July 24, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »
Well, now! Howdy, I'm Mark. I'm 15 from Michigan, no obstacles...but anyways I'm turning 16 in September so go me. What else...I've always had an interest in free running, but I wasn't as active as a person as I am now, so I figured, I might as well do something with all of my energy. That's not to say I'm hyper, but I do tae kwon do in school, not kiddie stuff either...and on break I have nothing to do, but train for TKD, so I'd like to do something else exciting and this sounds right to me. So I'll see how it goes. I'm excited to start stuff and I hope I can do well and get some of my friends to like it too. I'm really into comic books, so if anybody feels like going off topic for a bit to chat it up on comics, I'm here!!
"Let this remind you why you once feared the dark."
-Prince Nuada

That had to have been Mignola's idea! Best movie qoute ever.

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #715 on: July 24, 2008, 10:22:04 PM »
How long have you been doing Taekwondo? I've been training for about 8 years, I'm a first degree black belt (but haven't bothered testing for my second). Do you spar? Olympic or point?

Offline Mark J 0.Q

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • "Son of a-..."
    • View Profile
    • Myspace! Hit me up?
« Reply #716 on: July 25, 2008, 09:43:06 AM »
XD not too long, it's only been about two years. I did it a while back, but it wasn't challenging enough, so I got out of it and decided to take it in high school. That was freshman year. Going into my junior year now, testing for my...purple belt, so yea, slow going XD. But we spar on our free time when he's not giving us lectures, we usually do point because we're competitive that way, but our instructor spars with his friend sometimes for demonstration, that's pretty cool.
"Let this remind you why you once feared the dark."
-Prince Nuada

That had to have been Mignola's idea! Best movie qoute ever.

Offline Tom Walker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 29, 2008, 02:46:00 AM »
G'day

I'm Tom and im from downunder in Aussie
love hiphop, breakdancing and most of all PARKOUR!
im 14 and haven't been doing it for all that long but i push my limits and love it
i like being a ninja and i jump off furniture and tables at school

catch you later ;)
live life
live it to the full

Offline michelle.parkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 30, 2008, 11:53:11 AM »
Hi,

I'm Michelle.  I'm actually coordinating a film exhibit in Argentina titled Cine Parkour.  We already have all the artists on the project, but I'm trying to gather a general reply on what you think Parkour stands for.  What is the philosophy?  And how it affects other parts of your life...especially on a mental and spiritual sphere?

I'll probably reposting one more time, but if you guys have any replies...please write me your comments at michelle.parkour@gmail.com

Thanks a bunch!

Offline Callaghan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 30, 2008, 08:22:13 PM »
SUP all im new to this sport/whatever you wanna call it

ne way name's corey if ne one could they give me some cool ways to start out.

I just need the basics to get started and i also heard about some kinda camp in Cali cause thats were im at

well sweet catch ya on the flip