Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 547121 times)

cranialpk

Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #680 on: June 09, 2008, 05:55:55 PM »
hey guys im ian vahovich
ive been doing parkour for about a month
im from honolulu, HI, but I'm on a trip to manchester NH

Offline Syd Vicious

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 09, 2008, 10:20:03 PM »
Hi everyone I am new here and saying hello from Tennessee! I have just started in Parkour and am starting my APK warmup schedule tomarrow wish me luck! Will post screenshots and videos as I progress farther into the sport!

So...

HELLO ALL!!!!  :)
+_+_+_+_+_+_SyD-V_+_+_+_+_+

Offline Kurt "Ziro" Samuels

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 10, 2008, 12:18:57 PM »
Hey everybody, I'm Kurt. I'm 26 and way out of shape, so.. not off to a great start! Haha. I've always been into Parkour but wasn't in any shape to do it. But I recently moved to the city (Philadelphia), started running and working out, and I'm pretty psyched to try some serious PK!
If it kills you, it kills you.

Offline Zach Morgan

• Guenons
  • Well hi, guys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 11, 2008, 10:31:55 AM »
hey guys. My names Zach, I'm from Flint Michigan, I'm 18, and I've been practicing parkour for a few weeks now. I first got into it awhile ago when I saw the Urban Ninja, then David Belle (I think is his name)... Now recently I've been watching more random videos, and I decided to try it myself finally. I've been doing stuff at the local playground and park, and I do stuff in my yard also. See you guys around!

Offline freerunners91

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 13, 2008, 05:32:23 AM »
yo guyz whatz up i have a quick question for ya whats karma ? thanks!!

Offline Coldbath

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 13, 2008, 11:40:56 AM »
'sup everyone

name's coldbath a.k.a eric
I'm 15 and I live in one of the world's most backwards states (maine)
I'm going to start practicing parkour/free running over summer vacation when I have a lot of free time
I also like punk rock, doing stupid stuff like jumping off my garage roof (which partly inspired me to start parkour/free-running), and playing guitar
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 11:43:39 AM by Coldbath »

Offline Clive Vella

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 14, 2008, 06:19:51 AM »
Hey my name is Clive, 18, and I'm not from the states (oops) i'm from a place called malta in the mediterranean sea.. i've been only into parkour for about two months..

i've joined this community to have a vision of parkour outside my areas, because here i do not think anyone practises parkour, besides me and 2 of my friends.. there is no group or anything in malta.. so i cant really join any local forums =/

hi all ^_^

i have logged some of our training and other things regarding there parkour training here www.parkcore.blogspot.com , but there are only 3 sessions, because i have started it only recently to summarize my progress etc

hope im not too out of place =O

Offline Msd483

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 15, 2008, 07:26:11 AM »
Hey, im new.  I wanna start practicing over the summer.  I'm already in decent shape and i run cross country.

Offline bjkpersonal@aim.com

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 17, 2008, 01:07:30 PM »
Hi.  Um, I've been here for a month or so, but never filled this out.  The name's Ben Kreger, 17, and I do Parkour for fun and sometimes as a workout.  I like climbing things and extending the abilities of my body, mostly through vaults and balance.  As immature as it sounds, I have a huge respect of the law, but I still daydream of stealing a cop's coffee and making a clean escape.   :P

Rich Laucella

« Reply #689 on: June 20, 2008, 07:37:25 AM »
Hey I just joined yesterday but I've been preparing to start parkour for about a month now. Im 16 years old on Long Island which is righ next to New York. No one does parkour in my area so I wanted to see what I can learn about from the forums and the other more experienced members. I run track and play sports year round so I'm pretty fit, the question is my muscular endurance and lift abilities, as well as technical movements for flips and vaults and whatnot.

Offline Risky

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 21, 2008, 08:28:35 AM »
Hey, The names James ;) I've Been flipping about since 05/06 and freerunning since early 07. I'm from Scotland (and no I don't have a stupid Scottish accent, eat haggis or have ever worn a kilt) Unfortunately I can't train at the moment due to "Osgood Schlatters Disease" and i can't do much apart from upper body & flexibility training. We're the Fife freerun team, the Street Devils we currently own a gym in Kirkcaldy (south Fife) where we take classes twice a week and we're also sponsored by rockstar energy drinks (we get them free now!!!) and also a tattoo guy who's designing our team t-shirts and hoodies.

The reason they call me risky:

No it's not because I take stupid unnecessary risks.

The first thing that was caused by me that changed the way I thought about everyday training is my first theory on risks, It's kinda hard to explain but I'll give it a shot.

If you jump you open yourself up to succession & failure.
If you choose not to, you close the door on succession and open the door of security.
Would you rather have the chance of success yet failure, or no chance of failure but walk away unsuccessful?

This is the basic idea, however you could say the basic Idea to "Chaos Theory" is anything can happen.

Basically I find it hard to put into words.

Offline Mike Sechler

• Guenons
  • "Support your local traceur!"
    • View Profile
    • Team UV
« Reply #691 on: June 22, 2008, 03:12:19 AM »
Hi,

It's Mike from Florida.

I have just found this website and think it's a great way to form a community for Parkour and FreeRunning. I run with two other buddies of mine and train almost everyday now. Im still drilling the fundamentals to avoide seriously injuring myself.

"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed on the concrete"

Offline Uberman5000

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 23, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »
Greeting, traceurs. I am Uberman5000, aspiring parkour fanatic from Canada, and refugee of Parkour.net. I come seeking the wit and wisdom of an experienced body of parkourists, so that I too may someday run free.

My interest in parkour is young. I first discovered it through Youtube videos and then researched it further. I started training with my local parkour group about two weeks ago, and I'm enjoying it. Though they are helpful, I like the large culmination of advice that comes from a forum.

Part of what interests me most about parkour is the philosophy behind it: to move as humans were meant to. I believe we have terrific strength at our disposal, and not just physical. Traceurs can overcome any obstacle they face and move with incredible swiftness and dexterity, using only their strength and their wits. To be able to overcome any obstacle you face is as much a mental boon as a physical one. Unfortunately, in this society, mobility is discouraged. Whatever we can't get from right in our living room can be delivered right to our door, or we can drive to it. We must relearn how to move like a human being, rather than just being carried along by a machine.

I also like the applicability, direction and informality of parkour. I've tried to get in shape in a lot of ways, and a lot of them are pretty complex, and the goals have vague use. For instance, I tried bodybuilding for a while because I'm rather underweight, but I couldn't understand how I could use it later, and their advice was a bit clumsy (either they would tell me a laundry list of stats, or to "eat"), and it doesn't cover things like flexibility and speed. Parkour doesn't have much strict technique or arbitrary benchmarks, and it's noncompetitive. Plus it will be much easier to feel like my progress is helping me, and it covers nearly all corners of fitness. I'll be stronger, faster, more flexible, more toned (with any luck...  ::))

Anyway, those are my thoughts on parkour. I'm glad to be here.

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 24, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »
Well, this is embarassing... I have been here for a week or so and I still haven't done this. Well here goes

Spinja is the nickname given to me by my school, for my over-the-top actions, most of which are Parkour and Free Running with some of my own variations of each thrown in.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

There are times when you want to break down and rage at the heavens. Don't. Stay calm, and let the emotions flood in, accept them and then rise above them. Never dwell. Don't fear or worry. Anything worth thinking about is worth talking about. And... Good luck.

Offline usarmy15t86

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 24, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »
Hello all!

I'm Michael, I'm a 21 year old soldier in Savannah, GA aspiring to train in the art of Parkour. I'm having trouble finding like-minded individuals in my area. I'm navigating the board here and on overflux.com and learning the ways before possibly starting something on my own. I am very excited to train, but would rather not do it alone. I can't wait to chat it up in here, LOL.

Offline Stoic96

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 27, 2008, 01:35:00 AM »
Hey everyone.

I'm Jared, and like many of you, I'm brand new to Parkour but excited as hell to get started.

I'm from Idaho originally, but I'm living in SE Germany right now.  As such, training partners are hard to come by, but I'm sure I'll find someone sooner or later.

Parkour is extremely interesting to me because my agility, to say the least, is currently lacking, and Parkour seems to be a great way to train agility.  Even better, it's a lot of fun.

I look forward to trading experiences with everyone here.

Offline Saul

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 28, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »
wut up its Saul from the ♣CHI♣ i have been parkour for 6 months

Offline T.M. Ellis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #697 on: June 28, 2008, 11:55:38 PM »
'Sup.

I'm Todd (or T.M., or Rat [short from an ancient pseudonym of mine: Ratatoskr, a figure from Norse mythology who is not a rat, but a squirrel], or very rarely, Fox, which is what my first name translates to), 20, from New Braunfels, TX (between Austin and San Antonio)--soon, hopefully, I'll move to San Antonio, and not a whole lot later: Flagstaff, AZ.

Uhhhhhh, I've been hovering around the boards a little bit now, just taking tips and cetera.  Haven't really had anything to add to conversations yet.

I'm a bloody HUGE geek when it comes to prose and poetry, mostly a fan of postmodern fellas and beatniks / hippies.  Kind of my main focus there: writing.  I want to be a writer.

I've been interested in parkour since early June, and I'm a bit out of shape, so it's been really motivating me to exercise just too hard: an unhealthy amount, I think, but gawwwdddd, it's so much fun.  I'm constantly giddy the past two weeks and working out in any spare time.  I've actually cut my 100-page-a-day reading schedule in half....>_>
Paranoids are not paranoids because they're paranoid, but because they keep putting themselves, ****ing idiots, deliberately into paranoid situations.

Leon_Kazihachi

« Reply #698 on: July 02, 2008, 01:05:16 PM »
Hi, my name's Brandon, also known as Leon_Kazihachi.
I'm from the south edge of the Mojave Desert, California. (Won't be specific, now! xD)

I train with my friends, also known as: Hodge_Podge, and Kazuo Deshinuh.

We're all on a team, and granted, we're not extremely good at it, yet, but we strive to become better! ^_^

Offline Diogenes Of Sinope

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I am a citizen of the world.
    • View Profile
RE
« Reply #699 on: July 04, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »
Hello, fellows.

I live near Syracuse, New York. Home to the rather chilly Hancock International Airport, & plenty of urban-development to practice, learn, & improve parkour around.

Currently, I'm getting myself in [better] shape to get ready for the rigours of climbing/etc. associated with my upcoming apprenticeship (ask if you want to know more), and I've always held a curiosity towards parkour -- although it's only in the last year that I've got to reading about it more intimately & so forth, trying to practice a few basic techniques -- all that newbie jazz. It helps lighten up runs to town on foot, and has made my bicycle a bit obsolete.
Don't know any one else around my area and I'm a bit antisocial (busy), but I hope to contribute and learn something from APK.
Ain't that lucky, boys, the holes are already there! Now all we gotta do is get the dirt outta them.