Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 541468 times)

Offline Wolf7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #600 on: March 29, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
Hey I found out about parkour about a week ago and so far can only do the roll but i can do it right after a jump or running i live in stamford ct anyone know any instructers around there or something?  WHat moves should i start with im not really in good shape but i started going to the gym every day for 2 hours and I cant do a pull up but hey im twelve any advice that could help me get started im willing to work hard and i have alot of time and best of all im psychotic and will try just about anything

Offline Aggrsn_1

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 31, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »
I can't believe I haven't posted here yet.  my name is Stephen (or Steve).  I've been into Parkour for a year now.  I train hard multiple times a week.  This sport is as addicting as crack.  I love what you learn from it and the people you meet that share the same passion.  I'm in Richmond VA.  Hope to see some of you guys out there.  Bam, done.

Offline Elet ET

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Smite me, Oh Mighty Smiter!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 31, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »
Well ive been here a week or two but whatev.
Me llamo Elet, aka E.T.
Im from MD, ive already met a good amount( 4-5?) of people from the forums.
Youlll probably run into me at xtreme acro, and im trying to get to one of these MD jams sometime soon.
ProParkour--ANTI-ADVERB!!!!!

If you don't like their rules, Refuse to play their game.
Anarchy is not CHAOS, but order without CONTROL.
Frederick, MD PK

Offline Harrison at AlaskaParkour.com

• Mangabey
  • Squirrel's are a Traceurs best friend.
    • View Profile
    • Alaska Parkour
« Reply #603 on: April 01, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »
Well I've been here kinda a while but I didn't post here...but yeah I wasn't very active then anyways =\. I'm active now tho =D

Offline JasonMurak

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 02, 2008, 03:50:22 PM »
Yea same as harrison here.

Offline Jagular

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 03, 2008, 01:45:15 PM »
:) Hey everyone. :) I'm a teenage girl and new to parkour.  I noticed one day how much my older brother was jumping over everything, and I had to ask what he was doing.  At first I thought he was being ridiculous, and all he would end up doing was breaking his wrist... and what do you know, now I'm doing it.  :P  He started showing me this site and movies of people freerunning and other parkour.  Now I'm really interested.
So anyways, I guess that's about it.  I can't wait to start!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 01:47:04 PM by Jagular »

Offline BuckyBall

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Perpetuating Polar Parkour Possibilities
    • View Profile
    • AK Parkour
« Reply #606 on: April 03, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »
Hey all!  My name is Michael, I'm 18 and a student and the University of Anchorage, Alaska.  My friends and I have been watching and reading about Free Running and Parkour and we decided to give it a go.  I've been looking for something fun to do that would get me into shape and this seemed like the best way to do that.  To tell the truth, we are all completely new to this and haven't even gotten into the first bits of training.  We all just decided to give it a try tonight.  Here's to a Great Beginning!

Hi Michael,

There's a few of us that jam in Anchorage every Saturday at a spot near UAA. Do you want to join us?

Clark

Offline Jaxers

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 03, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »
hey all! im jaxers from falmouth... (not really any good places to practice) masachusetts! im 13 and uh i saw all these jackie chan movies and youtube vids on parkour... and i said (a year later, or 5 days ago)that that is the new thing for me!
I do all my own stunts.

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."
Arthur C. Clarke

Offline pedalingpaddler

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 03, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »
Howdy

Live in Woodlands Texas

College Park High School

Texas A&M 2012

just getting into this but having fun, even if i look stupid

Offline Amy R

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 05, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »
Hello, I'm Trithamy. I recently found out about parkour and started practicing 3 weeks ago. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm starting out slowly, but have already had to face mental blocks/fear. Overcoming them feels great! I can already see how parkour is a lifestyle, and not only a way to get places. I've been trolling the boards for a few, so I decided to go ahead and register. ^.^

Offline Patrick "PyroPat" Caric

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 05, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »
hey all.  Name is Patrick.  Friends call me P.. you can call my pyro if you want to just keep the oh internet tag feel to it :) 

Im 20 live in downtown Indianapolis, IN.  Go to school at IUPUI.  Been practicing pk for about 8 months now.  Just learn how to do a wall flip, (thanks jfred)  but im pretty active in the indy pk community and im actually about to start the IUPUI PK club.

Train with FreeStyleFox, JFred, and misstanyamae.

oh yeah and im starting to get into trolling to forumns so get use to me popping up on random post.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:25:20 PM by PyroPat »

Offline spiffy22

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 06, 2008, 09:28:31 AM »
Hey there, i'm Spence, i come from the Big City in NH (aka Litchfield lol)
just started doing this a month ago and picked it right up
i like to get in trouble with the cops and show off to people at my school
also i train with some members of Volo, The First Litchfield Free running Club

Offline jhendrix86

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 06, 2008, 04:51:21 PM »
Alright, well this is actually my second post ever here.  Basically about me, I am the President of the Iowa State University Parkour and Free Running Club and am in my senior year.  We currently have about 7-10 guys who actively do Parkour/Free Running across campus, but we have more that show up to our allotted gymnastics center time on campus. We get a LOT of attention from random people on campus, but most people think they can't do it even when we let them know they can if they work up to it. We get a lot of on lookers though

I discovered Parkour about 3.5 years ago, did it on and off for about 2 years and then 1.5 years ago started doing it more and more.  Met a crazy Russian guy at the gym, thought i was a break dancer, but told him I was into Parkour so we started a club on campus since he is a traceur.

Otherwise, besides that I'm a gymnast, into computers I guess you could say, guitar, singing, etc...but I decided it was time to start posting here :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:53:00 PM by jhendrix86 »

Offline Sm00th

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 06, 2008, 07:54:09 PM »
Hey people, I'm a 14yr. old guy from Ut. just started getting into pk but have been interested in it for a while

Offline Rapskalian

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 07, 2008, 01:49:10 PM »
17 Also new to parkour. i've been doing this kind of thing for a while but i just never knew it had a name haha! any groups in northeast indiana?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall

Offline Jack Tobin

• Patas
  • Boner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 08, 2008, 08:31:22 AM »
Been freerunning for about 16 months with about 6 others around the detroit area.

Offline Adam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 08, 2008, 09:04:51 PM »
Hey all.  17 and just started recently.  Still getting in shape for it  :( 

Offline Ketzer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 09, 2008, 07:36:25 PM »
I go by the name Ketzer with most anything I do, so I guess I'll keep it with free running too. I'm 17, nearly 18, and I am a newb who's willing to learn everything he can be tought, everything he can discover on his own, and more.

I first wanted to do this sort of thing a long time ago and actually practiced running along walls and jumping over things and such. I used the term "street running" Now, about 5 years later, I find out that it's actually a sport. Who knew. So for the past few months I was looking at getting into it, but it wasn't until about two or three weeks ago that I found some friends who wanted to get into it as well. We're newbs to the sport, but we're already working on wallspins so I guess we're progressing well.

I'm convinving them to join the site too, so they should be throwing up here in a few days or so. We live in Indiana. If you're in state and think you might be in the area give us a hit. We like to see more people interested in it, especially if they're experienced and can show us some helpful tips and get us built up on confidence a little more.

And just as a side note, we're not exactly gothic or anything, but we're in with the darker scene. So don't be suprised if we throw up videos that look like some goths and rivet heads free running around town like fools.  ;)
"My way is to see myself as a student, not a master. . .This is my way. Follow your way."
-S├ębastien Foucan-

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
-Bruce Lee-

Offline EpicMovement

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 10, 2008, 05:48:53 PM »
EpicMovement is now part of APK.

WOOT!!!

Hit me up if you're ever in Houston. ;D

Offline Razi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 13, 2008, 12:46:22 AM »
Well I've been just lurking around the forums and not posting, I probably still will but I just thought I should pop in and say that I love this forum, it's a great community!