Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 539055 times)

Free Run

Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #580 on: February 27, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »
Hey i'm aFly!
love free running
love parkour
have a team
have some vids
working hard

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 29, 2008, 01:25:28 PM »
Hello every one
I have been doing parkour about 10 months now.
I have had an acount on APK since the end of the summer
This spring I am making a team here in Owatonna/Medford Minnesota
It wil include me my best friend my sisters boy friend who is very interestedand my brother(I think)
anyone living around Owatonna, Medford, Faribult, or any where else reply in Minnesotta forums

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 29, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »
Hello every one
I have been doing parkour about 10 months now.
I have had an acount on APK since the end of the summer
This spring I am making a team here in Owatonna/Medford Minnesota
It wil include me my best friend my sisters boy friend who is very interestedand my brother(I think)
anyone living around Owatonna, Medford, Faribult, or any where else reply in Minnesotta forums

Offline Alex Melusky

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Failure is the mother of Success.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2008, 10:07:02 AM »
oops...i didnt post here first day lol. anyway, hello everyone.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Why be a leaf in the wind when you can be the wind itself?

Offline AtrumX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Itadakimasu
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »
Well, I just joined up, so hello everyone. One of the few people into parkour in Montana. Luckily our downtown has a lot of good places for some good lines.
I've been doing parkour for a long time now, only me and my friends never knew anyone else did it until a couple of years ago. Up until then we just called
it freestyle running. It's awesome to see what other people are doing and get new ideas for runs.

Offline David Glass

• Hirundo Rustica
  • CptBongue
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 03, 2008, 07:31:26 AM »
Hi, everyone

I probably should have done this a week ago, but I never got to the "read this first"... clearly I didn't :-)

I live in Sunrise, FL and have been fascinated with Parkour since a friend of mine sent me a David Belle link a couple of years ago. Realistic as I am, I immediately acknowledged 2 things:

1) I want to do this
2) I am not in physical condition to

So I set of on a 2 year journey of physical conditioning, and have begun to see the most impressive results in the last couple of months.

I am now 36 and am in probably the best physical condition I have ever been, so there's only one thing left to do in my 2 item acknowledgment list: GET STARTED

And so I did a week ago. Training is now slow, but that is to be expected. I am now working on my monkey-vaults and landings

So far you have all been extremely welcoming and I immediately felt at home.

Thanks all for your support!
Life can be divided in two phases: Before the first time, and After the first time
Traning Journal: http://www.performancemenu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5147

Offline NeoM4A1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 05, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
Hey everybody! I'm 15 and have been interested in Parkour for quite a while now. I've always been running around and jumping off things (don't worry, no houses  ;)), but I didn't know that it was actually a sport until a few weeks ago. I'm not in that good shape (even though I'm only 110 pounds, not to mention short), so I'm trying to stick to a basic workout schedule every day. I've always liked running, but even though it has been suggested to me hundreds of times, joining a track team never had much of an appeal for me (running in circles and never getting anywhere- ugh). My standard answer to "why do you always run?" (been asked twice already this week  ;D) is "To get places faster!". Of course, this comment is immediately followed by a "you should join the track team!", to which I reply by sighing and sprinting off into the sunset. Anyway, I hope to master the fundamentals quickly (I've been doing most of them for years), and see you guys around!

Offline wayleft

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 06, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »
I'm in central California

I'm very excited to find out what a used to do with friends every night had a name all along.

Offline heavilyrxmedicated

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 07, 2008, 12:06:33 AM »
Name: Chris Atkinson

Time as a traceur: ~2 months of actual practice, although I've always loved climbing things and finding fun ways to get      from point A to point B without wasting time taking a preset path.

Weight: ...240 lbs... However, a LOT of that is muscle... As in, I can reach under my ribcage (lack of fat + no 6 pack), and have gigantic muscles in my legs... I WAS 270 , but that's another story...

Diet: Long story short, I work at Burger King, and eat like it... Hope to change both those things though.

Exercises/Sports: Soccer (midfield), Dance Dance Revolution Marathoning (how I went from 270 to 240 w/ muscles in 3 months), generic cardio, generic lifting

Why I'm Here: Tips on exercises, form, EATING HABITS

Anyways, now that I've fed you all useless information, I hope to become a regular here. Personally, the 101 dieting tips thread has helped a bit (along with my physical education classes actually focusing on diet as well as exercise, for once), as have the basic techniques tutorials.

Offline Genoat1992

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 09, 2008, 01:18:53 AM »
This Geno, Im from Akron, OH.
I havent done any "training" really.
I am fit though!
I love parkour and everything about it.
I am 15 and want to learn and get some hands on training because this looks really fun.
I know its dangerous but it still looks very interesting.   :)

I'M NEW!!! ;D

Offline amateur1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2008, 06:44:16 AM »
Greetings,

My name is amateur1. I live in the Toms River, NJ area. I just started parkour but have no one to parkour with.

Anyways, this site is great, tons of info.

Let the parkour begin.

Offline Lachance

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 14, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »
Hey, my name's Steve. I'm new, 16, and not really fit for this. I'm not overweight, but I can't even do the roll because it kills my shoulder on carpet! PLEASE HELP ME! All my friends have rolls down on hard surfaces after a few days and are kong vaulting! (working on it, legs are longer than arms) Typing on my iPod Touch, sorry for any mistakes. I'll post more later, please help! Thanks!
I'm a Mainah!

apk.jake

« Reply #592 on: March 16, 2008, 12:11:07 PM »
It's awesome to see how much M2 and the rest of the staff get around in this world. About a year ago I downloaded SkyNative's SuperMoves video, and yesterday I saw he was on the American Ninja Warrior! I also saw that M2 had an interview with David Belle on the set of District B13  :o...that had to have been pretty sweet.

Offline omidn20067

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 17, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »
hey guys

My name is Omid, and I love parkour, I started this by doing weird moves and running on the walls about 7 years ago. at that time I didn't know anything about parkour because I was back in my mother land and no one does such thing back there, so I learnd some stuff on my own.
now I am 19 and I am so crazy about this and I just want to start from somewhere. I live in marietta Ga, so if anyone knows any place for training please please email me because I can't wait anymore :))
 my email: omidefarda2@hotmail.com
I want to get traned and improve my moves, as u can see in this vidoe I suck lol but please help me out!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JkRezUErBBI

Offline Lachance

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 17, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »
Nice jump... check the links in the... i believe top left for the getting started link!
I'm a Mainah!

Offline Omne11

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 21, 2008, 06:08:56 PM »
G'evening, suckahs! XD

I'm Omne, and I generally like not being everyone else, which is a reason why I'm interested in parkour. That, and I have nothing better to do with my time. -_-

I'm entirely new to this, but I can run pretty well and slamming on my ass or face seems to have no effect, so it seems like something for me. =D

Offline Disco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 26, 2008, 11:59:09 AM »
Hi ya!
I'm Disco or Discogirl. Got in to PK while doing my masters degree in York, England. I was so amaze at how a group of boys -about 13-17 years old- where moving around this staircase/ramp. I was just struck that there was more going on then boys showing off. There was something more gracful, or intentional about the movement. So I went out and talk with them. Again how amazing they were with answers to my questions. You could just tell they think a lot about how they move.

I've been a PK groupie ever since.

Right now I'm writing a paper that deals with PK in a fine art context.
Not a traceuse myself but it now HUGELY influences my work in spatialized audio art.

Right now I'm north of Chicago.
Can't wait to get to know you all!

Offline pfeiffers

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 27, 2008, 04:46:31 AM »
Hey I am just starting out but I need some help!!
I cant find the tutorial for flips!
Any ideas?

Offline Mr_Lim

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 27, 2008, 10:06:24 AM »
Hey all :) I've been doing parkour for about a year and a half, and loving every minute of it :) It's developed for me from a simple spur of showoff and a 'sport' to a more personal, self-awareness and physical development. I'm not actually from America, but I thought they'd be plenty of helpful info to scavenge off such a large forum of traceurs. Hope to get to know you all a little better!  ;)

Offline Phil S.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 27, 2008, 07:20:54 PM »
Hey, I'm Phil, and I live in DC!
I do PK and other stuff.
That's all I guess