Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 541382 times)

Offline Marshall Cent Lewis

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #520 on: December 03, 2007, 09:59:38 AM »
Never noticed this thread before.. haha  :-\  Well I guess better late than never!

I'm Marshall, I'm 18, and I live in Chesterfield VA right next to Richmond.  I train with Blarg, Trickster10, and sometimes Klayman from the forums and a few more that aren't on here.  I've been training for almost 3 months now and feel like I've progressed pretty quickly.

Nice to meet you guys!
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Offline Jarvis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 03, 2007, 11:58:25 PM »
My real name is Jon.  I'm 24.  I'm brand new to this stuff, I just started practicing rolls in my yard, and taking steps up the side of my house.  Parkour is pretty exciting stuff.  I came around here in hopes of finding like minded people to train with.  I'm somewhat lost in the dark.  It'd be nice to have someone more experienced show me the ropes.

I'm a wilderness survival instructor by passion, and a ropes course facilitator by trade.

I live north of Atlanta.  I look forward to some networking with some of the people here.  Until then, take care.

Offline AFrunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 04, 2007, 08:48:58 AM »
hey name's kyle,  AFrunner = Air Force runner, but most people call be birdman,

Live in Rolla Missouri and East St. Louis.  Always been into the "extreme sports" as a lot of people call them.  did skateboarding mostly with free running on the side when my board was broken.  I've been doing free running since I was 10 but never took it very seriously, (it was always looked down upon with the friends I used to hang out with).  I joined this site to find like-minded people, like a lot of posts said before me, and to start taking it more seriously.  I also joined the site to get my flips on lock, I had a bad incident when I was 17,  so i figured this would be the place to get some tips and such.

Offline Alta

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2007, 06:42:34 PM »
Hi, I'm fairly new to Parkour... but, I love the idea and I want to become involved in it.

~Oni
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

-LaoTsu

Offline johnster988

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 16, 2007, 07:29:02 PM »
Hey its john

I live in Ohio in the Cleveland area and although I am new to the term parkour i have been doing many different vaults for awhile not just for fun

I dont know anyone in my area who does parkour so if anyone does live near me please tell me
Parkour has helped me grow as much mentally as it has physically.

Offline TheBadPhoque

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: December 17, 2007, 06:23:48 PM »
Hey, Sam here. I'm in San Diego right now looking to get into some parkour. I've already been doing crossfit for a few months now. Just starting into basic movements and looking for any advice you guys can give.
Thanks.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bob smith

• Patas
  • Philosophical Badass
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 21, 2007, 06:40:43 PM »
Hey everyone, im on the west coast this stuff is real fun, I am getting more confidence and I hope to get better  ;D

Offline Recklesslife321

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 24, 2007, 02:12:12 PM »
Hey, im Nick
i live in Visalia CA.......the most boring town ever..
uhhh iv been practicing a lil over 2 months here....before i knew what Pk And Fr was i was already doing it....thats why the rolls come so naturally.... ;)

Offline fablexult

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 01, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
Hi im Coty aka fable....
I live here in nicholasville ky, I enjoy pushing myself beyond my physical limit. Im new to parkour but i am practicing everyday.

Offline Pendengra1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • chupathingy, i like it. it's got a ring to it
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 06, 2008, 01:10:46 PM »
hello, i call myself Pendengra. i have just started parkour and i live the idea even if i'm no good at it (but with some effort maybe that will change). i love doing Shao-Lin Kung Fu and i enjoy doing anything outside - hiking, biking, rock climbing. i'm 18(or will be in a week), live in Parkersburg West Virginia, and i've now run out of things to say. so that's me.
aim for the stars so even if you miss you can still land on your face

Offline Rebecca Myers

• Mangabey
  • Can you hear me up there? (miniPK)
    • View Profile
    • iPK
« Reply #530 on: January 06, 2008, 05:02:50 PM »
Hey, I'm Riv. I've already been posting a bit, but oh well. I've always been into tricking and flipping, and for a couple months I've been being introduced to parkour. But just very recently I've decided I wanna get more into it. I used to do gymnastics, but I had back surgery in 7th grade and I lost all my flips and such becuase the surgery altered my spine. I've done Judo for almost 10 years, so I've got no fear of hard falls, haha.

I live in Ithaca, NY. Don't know anyone here who does Parkour, though, but I know there are a lot of people in the Roch.
I have this image of a tidal wave appearance from like 50 Traceurs and Traceuses doing PK from one end of a mall to the other. t'would be epic
Kyle(Rage)
iPK
Roof Police.
"Not now chief, I'm on the f****** roof."

Offline Dustin Miller

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 09, 2008, 09:58:05 AM »
Hullo, my name is displayed on the left...I live in the Seattle area and have been doing parkour for a couple of months now, and that's about all there is to say.

Offline Watcher

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 10, 2008, 12:51:25 PM »
Hey name is Watcher... Live in Hawaii, been doing PK/Freerunning for about 2 months... Still learning but loving it!

Offline pooch

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 14, 2008, 07:25:04 AM »
hey, my name's Pooch. i like to freerun and sleep.

i practice mainly at schools and parks in Brentwood, Cali. (not in L.A.)
A bad traceur practices something until he gets it right. A good traceur practices something until he cannot get it wrong.

Offline thehoodedsanghelian

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My videos
« Reply #534 on: January 15, 2008, 01:28:18 PM »
Sup guys.
I'm Joe.  I chill in New York.  I've just started doing some freerunning and stuff, so I'm here to learn.
"Strength of numbers is the delight of the timid. The valiant in spirit glory in fighting alone."

Mohandas K. Ghandi

Offline xoshibbygirl

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 16, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »
Hi there, I announced my arrival in the female forum, but wanted to say "HI" here too.
I currently live in Amarillo TX. Moving from Austin it is quite a switch.
I have had an interest in Parkour for some time, but finally decided to participate myself, it just "feels" right. I have experience in the military and am re-enlisting in the US army in the next couple of weeks (small arms). I look forward to my new dedication(s) and the new challenges it will bring me. I also have a deep interest in martial arts, such as Crav Maga. I love learning and pushing myself to the next "better me". :)
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline Tsingle93

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 17, 2008, 07:00:25 PM »
hey hey Tsingle93 from Btown, Brea, in California! new to parkour, just learned to roll on soft surfaces now trying to roll on hard and vault and stuff! might buy the tribe tutorial. I need to learn so help me out!

Offline Steve087

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 18, 2008, 05:25:59 PM »
Hey! its Steve, and I'm def. excited about learning
PK and freerunning, I live in Moore, OK when Im not doing school in Florida.

Offline Tyron013

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • How'd I get up here again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 23, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »
Hey, Matt here, just started parkour but after hearing about it and what it's about, I realized I've actually have been doing this on and off for about half a year. I hope to start doing it more frequently
and start improving on what I already know.

~Those who think it cannot be done should stay out of the way of the ones doing it.~

Offline McFuzzie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 24, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
Hey, im McFuzzie. I am new at Parkour so if I say anything stupid don't yell at me.

Hobbies: Guitar, Music, and Parkour of course.