Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 556726 times)

Offline Oliver Wegner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #2640 on: February 13, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »
Hi, I'm Oliver, from Germany :)

I'm 19 years old and have been practicing parkour for almost two years now. Most of my life I was very unathletic... not really weak or fat, but somehow clumsy. I'm still unable to play any ball game properly, but when I fell in love with a girl three years ago, a good friend convinced me to join his martial arts club to get more attractive^^ Well, I didn't get the girl in the end (although she is now my best friend), but this was the beginning of me getting sporty :)
Then, after watching the "Avatar"-movie, with all the cool aliens jumping through their jungle, I knew that I wanted to try parkour as well... which I did.

I've always been trying to train as responsibly as possible, as I'm really afraid of joint issues. That's why I spend quite some time in parkour forums. Unfortunately, there aren't any really active ones in Germany, so I looked for another one - and now I'm here :)

Offline hector

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: February 13, 2012, 01:25:10 PM »
Hey, I'm Hector from North Carolina.  I've been training parkour on and off for about 2 years.  Haven't really gotten as far as i would like, but it is not something that i want to give up.  I have been doing bodyweight training ever since i started parkour, and my progress with that has been much better.  I can do front and back levers, handstands, l-sits, and other basic skills.  Hopefully by getting more involved with the community my skill will grow and i will be able to progress to the next level.

Offline Chad tetzlaff

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: February 13, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »
hey everybody i will going to B.A.S.E. next week or the week before if you would like to ride with me on the way down there to go let me no all we would need is some gas and you have a $10 fee for the school.
visualize your outcome of life and go after it.

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »
Welcome Hector and Oliver to APK!

Glad to hear that the physical aspects are such big factors in both of your training.  Being fit isn't something that can be given to you in a nice box, gift wrapped, but something that you must work hard for.  There's nothing more valuable than your health.

If you have questions, hit us up in General fitness.  There's a ton of great info that's already been covered, so check the stickies and search for any topics that you have further questions about. 

If you need help with anything, feel free to send me a PM.  Beyond that, train hard and prosper. ;)
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Aaron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: February 15, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
Hello, Im Aaron, I'm 17 and live in central IL. I started doing some parkour training about 2 months ago and this year I'm training every day. Any tips would be great.

Thanks,
SiveQuest.

Offline matthew hill

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: February 16, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »
Hey guys. I'm from wichita, kansas and I just started parkour this month and I'm loving every minute of it. I go to Goddard High school and I'm 16 years old.
Quote: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: February 16, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »
Welcome Aaron and Matthew!

Aaron, be sure to check out the Illinois Threads for groups, people, and events in your area.

Likewise, Matthew be sure to check out the Kansas Threads for the same.

I suggest that you both check out the Tutorials and General Fitness Threads for your basic movements and techniques. These are core essentials to the discipline. General fitness will help you if you need guidance with conditioning, training, injuries, or diet.

If you have any questions about the discipline or decide that you want to be 100% sure of what exactly Parkour is, you can check out the Philosophy Threads

Have fun.              Train Safe.                  Run Free.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:45:35 PM by Shamas »
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline Sam Dutton

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: February 17, 2012, 08:06:16 PM »
Well I didn't know about this. So, I'm a sort of beginner.hi everybody

Offline Bertha Miller

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: February 22, 2012, 08:13:38 AM »
Hey, I'm Tansaku (nickname :P ) and I'm 15.
I'm just starting in parkour, so I'm basically a clueless newbie

Edit: forgot my location, Schenevus, NY (upstate NY)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:16:39 AM by Tansaku »

Offline John Bryann Hart

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: February 22, 2012, 04:07:18 PM »
My name is John I live in Casper Wyoming, new looking for tips and advice

thanks

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: February 22, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
Welcome Tansaku and John!

Tansaku, check out the NY Threads for groups, people, and events in your area.

Likewise, John you should check out the Wyoming Threads for the same.

I suggest that you both check out the Tutorials and General Fitness Threads for your basic movements and techniques.

These are core essentials to the discipline. General fitness will help you if you need guidance with conditioning, training, injuries, or diet. I also suggest starting a training journal in the General Fitness forums.

If you have any questions about the Parkour or decide that you want to be 100% sure of what exactly Parkour is, you can check out the Philosophy Threads

Have fun.              Train Safe.                  Run Free.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: February 25, 2012, 06:53:03 AM »
I made an account a long time ago on this, and many other forums, and do not remember the names of accounts or sites. It does not matter though since I did not post much (I think twice...?), and I do not like the way I was training back then when I was a teenager in Middle->High-school, so I have been...reborn in the past several months. It is all for the best.

Cool man, glad to see that you're progressing and reevaluating yourself. Keep up the good work.

Glad to see you're back.
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!

Offline James

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: February 26, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
Hello, I just joined.  I'm from Pittsburgh and look forward to improving at this Art.

Offline matt cottrell

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: March 04, 2012, 12:15:59 AM »
hey i just moved to phoenix, i also live on the north side, hit me up somtime and we can practice or somthin, birdinblue28@yahoo.com

Offline jordan fields

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: March 08, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »
Hey BRODIE'S,
   My name is jordan (jordy) i have just started training. Need some help with alot of things and looking for people in my area to run with.

Offline Dillion

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: March 09, 2012, 01:16:01 PM »
Hey, I'm here to learn

Offline Tori

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: March 12, 2012, 08:32:20 AM »
Hello, friends!

Tori, hailing from Southern California. I started training about 6 months ago, and I'm looking to speed up my progression. I'm also one of just a couple of girls in the Parkour community in Utah, where I'm going to school, so I'm looking for advice on changing techniques to fit my female form.

Anyway, I'm super excited to join the community. See ya on the forums!

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: March 12, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »
I'm so far behind on the welcomes, but allow me to throw out a blanket of "Welcome to APK."  ;D

If there are specifics that I've missed, feel free to PM me.  Beyond that, hit up the forums and train hard.
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
Heart Brock with face or die trying!
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!

Offline anthony

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: March 14, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »
Hay dare, mine aims Anthony. I am very new to parkour/free running but I would love to learn. Living in Washington state is an interest of mine and residing in the town of Clallam Bay (3 hours West of Seattle) is not as interesting. I before e except after c you later.