Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 556723 times)

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #2580 on: November 28, 2011, 05:27:46 AM »
Welcome to the forums Arthur and Isaac!

I'm going to go ahead and point you guys to the Movement boards so you both can learn, and better improve your skills.

I would also suggest the General Fitness boards so you can develop more muscle, and better eating habits.  ;)

Arthur I see that you have already found the Cali boards so have fun finding someone in your area!

If you guys have any questions feel free to PM me.  :)
My Youtube Channel
check it out!

Offline Phil LaBeau

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: November 28, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »
Hey all. Just dropping in to greet everyone. I'm a complete noob at parkour and looking to meet up with some people in the Anne Arundel County area in Maryland. If you do, hit me up. Thanks.

Offline mondo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: November 28, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »
hey guys iam mondo and i live in la :D

Offline miyuki

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »
hey im destinee aka miyuki im in Atlanta,Ga and im new to parkour

Offline Marcus Griffin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: December 02, 2011, 07:48:10 PM »
Marcus Griffin, I live in Killeen Texas, I've been Practicing for a little over a year and im pretty good, i run a facebook page called Killeen Parkour if anyone is interested.

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #2585 on: December 03, 2011, 06:52:05 AM »
Hey guys! Welcome to apk!

I would advise you to visit the Movement boards for advice and tips on specific movements.

I would also suggest the General Fitness boards for advice on training and dieting.

Mondo, If you'd like to train with traceurs in your area try the California boards.
For Miyuki, try the Georgia boards.
Last but not least Marcus, try making a thread in the Texas boards. I'm sure you'll get some responses. ;)
and I can see Phil already found his way around.

If you guys have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
My Youtube Channel
check it out!

Offline Mitch Theisen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: December 03, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Mitch Theisen. I live in the Hampton Roads area in Yorktown. I'm new to this thing, and need some help getting started. A couple of friends in my neighborhood and school have been talking about this and got me interested. I tried wallrunning and can reach about 13ft wall-tops easily. But I would like to get a good pair of shoes. I was looking at 510, and KSwiss, but KS doesn't have my size.  >:(

Thanks and looking forward to gaining information from this site!

Offline David Tyler Bosquez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: December 03, 2011, 07:22:45 PM »
Sup guys and gals. Names David and im in the army. I actually use parkour as a daily workout and love running. Thanks a bunch.

Offline Lonnel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: December 04, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »
Hello Everybody Name's WindNative aka Lonnel. Ive been doing parkour since the 8th grade. Im just starting to learn flips and other neat tricks. I also want to learn some other cool movements.
If you're afraid to fall, you fall because you're afraid.

Offline p0x1c Rockenmacher

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: December 05, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »
Hey there,
Pox here from Denver, Co. Been practicing mainly the APK/ Xfit WOD's for the past few years (seriously for the past year). It's been solo mostly up until the last 8 months where my buddy and I meet once a week to workout together. Training solo has been a great learning experience for me since I hold sole responsibility. Albeit, it is not as fast as I can learn from someone further down the road in training/ someone more learned/ professional, but that will come. My training partner and I plan to enroll @ APEX in Feb to take our training to the next level. I'm a parkour enthusiast, but want to get better at it along with bboying. Currently I practice popping and other hip-hop inspired dance along with swing/salsa/tango. Other than that I love to cook, sew, and move about. I look forward to networking with some people here in Denver as well as the San Diego/OC/LA area for when I visit my fam. I am happy the bugs got worked out of this forum, been wanting this community for some time now... Thanx and happy training!
"...artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up."

Offline Ryan Tucker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51:24 PM »
Hi this is username Hero Hammerhand. I am from Seymour Tenn. Though I haven't really been doing parkour officially, I have been doing this kind of stuff all of my life. A few years ago I officially discovered parkour. I can't find any school or anything around me so I am still not training officially and I am sure my technique is sloppy. I am in pretty good shape, I am fast, flexible, and agile, and I do a lot of martial arts and try to train myself in parkour.

Offline Adam Denman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: December 13, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »
hi ladies and gents. my name is Adam Denman aka A.J. aka Phoenix. you have never heard of me cuz im from nowhere in the middle of nowhere haha, i live in a rediculously small town named Iuka in Mississippi. so like i said nowhere in the middle of nowhere. I have established a small parkour team and havent give it a name just us folks here in the south running wild and free,(but still clothed) here in nowheresville. we tend to travel from time to time like to memphis tn or lexington ky we will be broadening our stepping grounds to cover the USA and beyond. im currently an online student at westwood university pursueing a bachelors in game design and programming so yep gonna make games and run all day. i look forward to meeting everyone and running with you all at least once in my life ;D

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #2592 on: December 13, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »
Welcome to apk everyone!  ;D

I would prefer you all check out the Movement boards for tutorials, and tips on movements.

I would also suggest the General Fitness boards for training tips, and dieting advice.

If you guys are interested in finding traceurs in your area just scroll down the forum hompage and find that big section that says  "Local Connections - USA" and find the region you're in, then find the state.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:34:22 PM by Nick Smith »
My Youtube Channel
check it out!

Offline Ryan Breakstone

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: December 14, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
I live in Petaluma, CA and want to get into Parkour. If anyone lives nearby, contact me so I can join your training group.

ryanbreakstone@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Ryan

Offline Cole Chapman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: December 14, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
Hey.
I'm Cole. I just started getting interested in free-running.

I enjoy running and cars.

Offline josiah ewing

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: December 15, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »
hi i'm josiah (jozilla) i live in perryvile mary land i like to do parkour drawing and games. i'm trying to find someone to train with in the area tell me if you are in the area

Offline Matt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: December 17, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
hi im Matt (AKA mr ninja 27)

im from newark ohio and like games parkour (which i want to do very much without fear) and well newark isn't the best place for it i still like to try finding places too

im glad to be on this forum

Offline Harrison Vener

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: December 17, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »
Hello, I'm Harry Vener (Veh-ner) I'm from Morris County in NJ. I've been practicing since February of this year. I've progressed a lot and I still have a lot to go.
I act, do taekwondo, forensicate, and go to high school.
As is common, there aren't a lot of training spots near me, but I'm working on it.  ;D

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: December 18, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
Hello, I'm Harry Vener (Veh-ner) I'm from Morris County in NJ. I've been practicing since February of this year. I've progressed a lot and I still have a lot to go.
I act, do taekwondo, forensicate, and go to high school.
As is common, there aren't a lot of training spots near me, but I'm working on it.  ;D

Sweet name, man! =P haha

Good luck with training and welcome to APK!

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #2599 on: December 19, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »
Welcome to the best Parkour & Freerunning forum on the internet everyone!  ;)

I would like to point you guys toward the General Fitness boards for training tips, and dieting advice.

It would also benefit if you all check out the Movement boards for tutorials, and tips on movements.

If you guys are interested in finding traceurs in your area just scroll down the forum hompage and find that big section that says  "Local Connections - USA" and find the region you're in, then find the state.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.  ;D
My Youtube Channel
check it out!