Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 544858 times)

Offline Poeglove

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2006, 03:16:08 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Chris. I've been doing some parkour for a while now. I started off just doing acrobatics from gymnastics and martial arts and then some friends of mine and I went and tried some free running. One of my friends slipped on a wall run and almost broke his neck and we stopped doing free running for a few years, but recently I've had the urge to do it again, so I've cast off my chains of fear and have been picking up again, hopefully I can get back all the neat tricks I used to be able to do. Hope to see some of you around.

Offline tttmmmsss

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2006, 06:33:04 AM »
Hey! I'm Tim, and I'm new to the site and new to Parkour!

When I first found out this... art, I think it was through the sig of someone in the applegeeks forums who posted a link to emorangers on you tube.  I started reading about parkour (and freerunning) and was really inspired by it!

I've always wanted to get into serious fitness (being the skinny white boy I am) and this really motivated that!

Anyway, here I am!  Good to meet you all!

~Tim S.

Gabe

« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2006, 09:17:55 PM »
Hey Guy's!

My name is Gabriel (Gabe), im from São Paulo, Brazil and im 15. Recently i have been thinking to move to New York, to work, study and train Parkour.

Offline Extimes

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • John Zak's Personal Homepage
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2006, 01:55:27 PM »
Hey All,

I'm John, 25 and I've been doing PK for about 6 weeks now.  I'm in Cleveland OH and seriously dug the last jam and I'll be at the one tomorrow.

Until then...

Offline Jezzes

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »
Hey guys.
Evan here, I'm 16. Delved into parkour late last year. really only got into it in the last month. hoping to find some local Traceurs in the Boulder, Colorado area. Until then, Later.

Offline Rek

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 06, 2006, 12:56:09 PM »
yo

Offline bouncing_soul

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »
Cool to see all the stories here.  I happened upon this site after watching the "famous" russian climbing video by the Dvinsk Clan.  I was immediately hooked.  Many videos later, I decided that perhaps I should make an effort to get back in shape.  I'm 22 and work full time as a software developer.  I used to skateboard constantly, but had to give it up due to a serious injury and pressure from work.  At this point, I would hesitate to call what I'm pursuing Parkour.  I run, tumble and climb in a park near my apartment to relieve stress after work, but so far most of my time has been sunk into exercise.  Using this site for guidance and, more importantly, inspiration has enabled me to make rapid strides in my conditioning regimen.

Offline resonance

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 13, 2006, 09:58:07 PM »
Greetings humans!

I stumbled across parkour a few years ago - I think I saw a vid of Belle jumping off some roof or the like, and was naturally amazed. I had never really been an athletic person (computer geek!) my whole life, but a few years ago I started back with the martial arts, training traditional chinese kungfu. That has whipped my ass into shape rather quickly! Recently I stumbled across some pk stuff again, and there's been an explosion of information and stuff on the web, so I devoured everything I could read, and realized that I could probably start training, and decided that I WILL!

I'm excited to do this. It's beautiful. The philosophies that people seem to share run parallel with most serious martial arts philosophies, and resonate close with me. I want to be able to move that freely and harmoniously with my world. It's going to be difficult, as I don't believe there are any traceurs at all in Buffalo NY to train with - I'll have to go slowly, and figure it all out the hard way. But... isn't that the best way to learn anyhow? I'm in no rush...

Anyway, glad to be here.  :)

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 16, 2006, 05:48:33 PM »
southern AZ, with Rickety, Rek, and over half a dozen others.

first heard of Parkour about 5 days ago, spent most of my youth training, spent most of my life since then being trained by society and family to NOT move that way, spent some of today (the last 3-4 hours) practicing some simple stuff

It'll be interesting to see how fast I can remember how I used to move :)
I give you this:
I will never view my fellow traceurs as a springboard.

Offline Black240SX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2006, 11:46:44 AM »
Hey my name is Josh. I am 18 and newer at pk. I started about a year ago but got away from it cuz I got realy busy. I got to the point I could do some vaults. Im looking to learn more.

Besides pk I like to drift. Drifting is kinda like pk with cars and lots of tire smoke. Its similar because you are going around a track that is unconventional and pk is getting from place to place in an unconventional way. Both are a lot of fun.

Josh

Offline bubbagump08

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2006, 01:27:01 PM »
Hey, I'm bubbagump (as you can tell) but you can just call me Bubba. I'm 16 and I live in Central Pennsylvania. I just recently started training for Parkour. I haven't dedicated too much of my time to working out yet, mostly I just go hang out by my school and try different moves and techniques with my brother. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the other guys on this board.

Offline Geoff

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2006, 07:51:12 PM »
Hi, Im Geoff, Group says "Hi, Geoff" and I am addicted Parkour ;)
I am looking for help in advancing as fast as possible and am starting to train minimun of 1hr/day
I also live in Longmont, Colorado and am so very excited to get better and perfect techniques with training hard
email is love_parkour@yahoo.com

Stooked to be here and I hope I can get help with my addiction

Offline Gabriel O

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2006, 07:00:57 AM »
gabe, 30 y/o marine in jacksonville nc, nice to see I'm not the oldest one here.

saw the infamous david belle video coupla years ago and was dumbfounded. decided I had to get into this. haven't really done much but the reasons for that are a long story. now my energy is back and I am ready to start sky walking.
Smile if you like to defy gravity

Offline amdghussle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2006, 02:04:03 PM »
Hey everybody! 

I'm a newbie from near Baltimore, actually getting ready to go into the Army.  I decided to start trying Parkour out and I hope I get to learn a lot and get as good at it as I can!  It seems like the ultimate in bodyweight strength/endurance training!

Offline ayyomikey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 24, 2006, 10:00:12 AM »
sup, im mike but everyone calls me mikey.  I live in Zanesville, Ohio.  I heard of pk about a year ago and was hooked, but i wasnt in good shape (250 pounds).  Now im in the best shape of my life(165 pounds) and gettin back into pk. My fav thing to do is find anything high that i think i can jump off of, then do it.

Offline Kaliastrih

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2006, 12:16:53 PM »
Hey there, This is Kaliastrih.  I'm like brand spakin new to Parkour and I can say not in the best shape.  I'm 19 and live in Charlotte, NC and I guess you could consider me a computer geek. 

I'm into computers, trying to lear guitar, and someday maybe take over the world.  :)

Offline Cody G.

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2006, 03:03:42 PM »
whats up anyone who doesnt know me im pkmonkey or my name is cody. been practicing parkour and urbanfreeflow for somewhere arround 2 yrs now but did not find out about apk until last month   and i still havent introduced myself    so allow myself to introduce...   myself  ???   
 i love to flip as well as practice parkour,martial arts, and gymnastics. im about to turn 16 so my parents can stop driving me to jams because that realy sucks and its getting realy old, so that will pretty much be awsome. my "partner in crime" and i are about to put up our own websit with videos, picks, info. and all that good stuff so when its finished i will inform all becaus it is going to be sweeet!     i hope :-\           parkour is my life, my sport, my equilibrium, my love and my..... everything else         so to make a long story short i like parkour          allot           and i train every day possible, whitch is usually about every other day because of freekin school >:(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:06:13 PM by pkmonkey »
"I refer to my hands, feet and body as the tools of the trade. The hands and feet must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient." Bruce Lee

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg

Offline Cody G.

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2006, 03:09:23 PM »
pk 4 life   gentlemen...   oh and ladies   sry
"I refer to my hands, feet and body as the tools of the trade. The hands and feet must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient." Bruce Lee

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg

Offline Some Kid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2006, 02:48:41 PM »
Hey its Some KId

Im from the NW chicago area. I like paintballing and snowboarding, and did i forget street runnning. I ve been training for about a year now and if anybody is intrested in training with me then you can PM me or whatever.

Offline ArcIo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
ArcIo
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2006, 01:24:05 PM »
A former (and soon to start again) capoierista from SLC that is now in the Mid-Michigan area.  Seen PK about a year or two ago and have been dying to get into it since.  Im a distance runner and i practice Escrima, Kali and Capoiera as well as play airsoft (let me tell you there are definently some tactical advantages to knowing how to move like this) so im strong enough to get myself places and im used to getting beat on so i can take a lot and keep learning.  Glad to see there is a community out there.  Anyone in Mid Michignan?

ArcIo