Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 558308 times)

Offline ManiacNEX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2006, 02:43:20 PM »

I'm Josh aka maniac to most people.I'm posting from Logan,UT curently and I love Parkour.

Offline bocmaxima

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Sound Ramblinga
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2006, 10:43:40 AM »
Hi guys, my name is bocmaxima, boc, box to some, or you can call me Lucas.

I stumbled upon beginning Parkour about 3 weeks ago. I launched over the handlebars of my bike, onto the asphalt. However, I didn't panic, and I did an amazing roll back up onto my feet. I thought about it for like a week straight, about how I could absorb the impact so much to have not even a bruise. Then on another forum someone posted if anyone was into FR/PK. I looked around and found this place. I bruised my rib about a week ago, so I havent been able to do Parkour, so I have been going outside in my apartment complex and balancing on the curbs, the rocks and doing small jumps from one place to another. Hopefully my rib heals up soon and I can get into it a little more. I love the  philosophy, its like Urban Tai Chi...

Im posting from Kent, Ohio

Offline poncho

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2006, 07:26:07 PM »
Hey guys, i made a topic in the socialize thread before i realized this was here, sorry. Names Ben/poncho and I'm from Australia. I figured I'd sign up to see how parkour is going over in America. By the looks of your forum its huge, bigger than in Aus. Good to see so many people into it. Later

Offline Bildo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2006, 06:50:14 PM »
Hey I'm billy, not really new to parkour just struggling a bit and thought this site would help. I live in Ohio and am friends with Flippusmn, he is the bomb lol. Talk to you guys sometime, hope to be an asset to this forum.

Offline Rickety

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2006, 09:27:12 AM »
Oops, I introduced myself in my training journal instead of here. Duh!

I'm 36 and in lousy shape. I found out about parkour a few weeks ago, and fell in love immediately. It's like how every kid approaches movement until we embarass them out of it. I started practicing too fast, on my own, and gave myself shin splints.  :P. So I'm now giving the running and jumping a break while working on other conditioning and trying to practice no-impact moves.

I'm in Tucson, AZ, soon moving to Phoenix. Moving to a trailer park, so I'm curious as to what PK opportunities will be there. Likely not much which doesn't involve climbing on the neighbor's homes, hmm.

In a random note, my new squishy PK shoes feel hilarious. I wear flip-slops, or other flat sandals about 320 days of the year (or go barefoot when I can), and Chucks the other days, because Chucks are too much shoe for my comfort. Putting on snug, arch-supporting, cushioned sneakers is very weird. But I'd like to keep the use of my knees, so I think it's worth it.

Hi all!
less talk; less prep; less think; more do

Offline sim_heart

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Holy Crap! Are Those Arms?-Why yes, YES They Are!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2006, 11:29:08 AM »
Hey, this Casey. I live in winslow, az. I am 17 years old and I am gettin good, need to go somewhere, to get started.
           I train with my bro(Chris) and my friend(Jerod) who are both training with me to be as good as me someday, HaHaHA
successful is wanting it more than everybody else.....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Offline colin jensen

• Patas
  • Free or Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2006, 08:08:49 PM »
hello, whats cookin, ive been parkour(ing?) for about 3 weeks, im 15, i live in sarasota florida where theres nothing to do so i started to parkour.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

The universe may not always play fair, but atleast it has one hell of a sense of humor.

Offline Zeus

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Dont listen to Sat....Think with your balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »
Hi Im Zeus a.k.a. Kosmetas, Soter, Polieos or as the mortals call me Albert
Ive been Practicing Parkour for about 8 months and Hapkido for about 7 years (how i learned to roll)
I also play Paintball, throw lighning bolts, change the weather, and I paint
I live in Cumberland Maryland (O How i wish i lived in Rockville) and practice with two other traceurs who aren't on this forum
We call ourselves CPK (Cumberland Parkour for the mortals)
See you all online

Offline Shinibisho

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2006, 12:50:41 PM »
Hey everyone,
   My name is Jon, feel free to call me Jon (or Jonathan), Ed, Skinny, or Shinibisho (shinny for short). I live in Oklahoma, and I've known about Parkour for a few months, but started Parkour about a week ago. So far, all I can do is land, and roll (Yay! Another noob... ::) ).

I'm 16 and I look forward to being part of the PK Community. Hope we can have a good time!

Take Care,
Shinibisho

Offline Shoot

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2006, 05:07:43 PM »
Hi All!!!
Im shane A.K.A. Shoot

Im from Galway in ireland

There pretty much no parkour scene here :'( but its a beautiful sport :) and i been doing it for a little while jus gettin into it now

well anyone want to chat and any tips are welcome im here

Laters!!!!!!

Offline ThaiBoxerShorts

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2006, 07:19:15 PM »
Hi, I'm John.  I just recently stumbled across Parkour, and I'm sufficiently intrigued.  I'm joining the forum in an effort to make connections with people who can help keep me interested and motivated.

My primary athletic activity is martial arts (specifically Muay Thai, though I do a bit of cross-training other style), but I've been looking for some kind of obstacle-running training to suppliment my training for over a year now.  I kind of gave up on that, as I don't have access to a military boot camp style course, nor do I have the time, resources, or space to build my own.  Parkour looks like it might be exactly what I was looking for all along:  Obstacle-running with no fabricated "obstacles" required!  Just use whatever's in your environment!  Yeah, this looks awesome.

I'm already in pretty solid shape, and I already have some pretty decent rolling/falling skills from my martial arts training that could probably be adapted to Parkour pretty easily (I did aikido for a few years, and while I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants to learn combative technique, aikido students are great at rolling and falling).  I already have a daily calisthenics regimen that's similar to APK's warmup/WOD, though I think I'll be replacing it with the WOD as it looks at least as good (probably better) than what I'm doing now.

Oh, and I'm a 29-year-old chem lab tech from Minneapolis, MN.

Offline Killer_7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2006, 08:57:24 AM »
Hey all,

My name is Casey and am brand new to Parkour. I'm in the DC/Nova area and have always been really intrigued by PK and have finally decided it's time to do it. I got a solid athletic background from working and teaching at a Mixed Martial Arts gym in Arlington and am a big follower of Crossfit. Haven't been to Crossfit DC in too long though. Either way I'm looking forward to training and meeting all the people in this area.

Offline danny o

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2006, 09:39:02 AM »
My name is Danny, I am 23 years old, and I live in Baltimore, MD. I happened upon this stuff a few months back and was hooked.

I have good athletic background, though at the moment I am in okay shape, but I have yet to tenaciously stick to a physical routine merely get it started and let it fade away.

I guess I could say I started this when I was really young. When I was little, my parents moved to Vermont. They some how got a hair brained scheme to move to the frontier of the universe. There was no road til my parents built their house...Loons! Crazies! I lived there from the time I was 4 til I was 9, but it was the aweome!

My back yard was mountain! Creeks, ravines, trees, no humans or pavement for at least a 1/2 mile, so I was almost never bored, just outside scrambling up and down all day! (no poison ivy either!) But I played a lot of soccer with local teams, in middle and high school. Biked a whole lot, but I eventually got into dancing. I am really hooked on Disco House and dnb and breaks and what ever, and taught myself some moves! I have very good balance and agility and have been looking for something that could further hone my skills. And some of the videos I have stumbled across make me want to jump through the ceiling and break down doors, they get me PSYCHED! And fitness is good.

i like to move it, move it!

Offline Psycomega

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 16, 2006, 05:41:13 AM »
Hello, My name is Psycomega, Psy for short and Jimmy in real life with no nicknames. (Although that's not technically true, as my real name is James. But I've been called Jimmy my whole life. =P)
I'm 15 and enjoy Cooking, Gaming, Reading, Talking with friends, Orgami and Papercraft, and of course:Parkour.

Anyway, I've been running, jumping, climbing and other sorts of things since I was first able to walk. That and my grandparents had a nice tree that I used to climb all the time...
I've been training for Parkour for about a month and I can do speedvaults with OKAY form, from what I can see anyway...
I can do barely anything other than that, I need to practice everything, and rolls are top priority over everything else, so I need help with those.
I lurk/study alot, so I know it's from my shoulder to opposite hip, I did it right once (My arm is a problem, no monkey like curve on my wrist, no weight on it, I know) and sped off because no momentum was lost.
I couldn't right myself upright and started to fall forwards, spraining my toe, after a day or two I tried again and got it, no pain, nothing but a smooth roll, but I haven't been able to do it again...

I've moved a total of about 8 times, and I now reside in Seagrove of North Carolina, and live in a country setting with trees (not really good quality T_T) field like front and backyards, and barely anything in them.
If I could make some things to use, I would, but other than using some mulch (in bags) and stacking them up to waist hight so I can practice vaults, and the deck in the front, I have nothing to use.

I'm not in really good shape, I'm 5'7" and about 140 Pounds, I can do about 5-7 Push-ups with good form, 15-20  Full Squats with good form (most of my strength is in my legs.) I don't really have anywhere to do Pull-ups, my family rents and My mom thinks that I'll break the doors if I tried on them.
Two trees right outside the window next to my computer have low enough branches (one about 3-4 feet off of the ground, the branch is almost straight) so I can use them both, one for off the ground Pull-ups/Dead-hangs and the other for a jumping Pull-up, although, I don't really jump through it...
Also, I lower myself slowly, does it make any difference?

I've stopped drinking soda drinks and switched to plain water, along with a glass of OJ or Chocolate or Strawberry milk. (Plain milk is one of the nastiest things to my mouth, I can eat/drink it only with something else.)

Another thing: I have a slight case of scoliosis in my lower back, and I've had back problems before, being sore mainly. (My Family picks on me about it and calls me an old man, although it fits; I hate almost anything dealing with kids nowadays, sadly I'm one of them. >_<) Although, It hasn't happened for quite some time...

I can't think of anything else right now, but if I have questions, I'll ask.
Awareness is nice. Freedom is nice. I have both, do you?

Offline M1L3S

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2006, 10:40:26 AM »
Hola mi peoples,

Soy Diesytres a.k.a. 13miles de NYPK.

Some of ya'll know me, to those who don't  Que pasa?

Offline Starcraftmazter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2006, 04:42:38 AM »
Sup my yankee buddies 8)

I'm from Australia (I'm registered at pkaus.com), but these forums are large, so I can hopefully learn from here as well.

After all Parkour is parkour 8)

Offline FireFly

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2006, 02:31:24 PM »
Hello, My name is FireFly.

I come from Ontario, Canada, and have found what I like to call a Haven (this iste, is what I mean). I have always been intigued by what Parkour always was, and always will be. I am an amateur, but will one day be as great as... well, I'll just be good. Unfortunately, I pulled a muscle and will not be doing much for a long time. However, it won't stop me from not doing Parkour, even if it is something I already know.

I hope to learn more from you all, seeing as how alot of you are very skilled.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:59:34 PM by FireFly »

Offline jarrod

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • paintball.com
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2006, 10:28:05 PM »
im a noob iv done   (WILLOM CHUNG STYLE KUNG FU) FOR AWILE not much thow latly im in bad shape compared to M2 but am working on it.i am moveing to greenvilleS.C.  sep1 and dont know iny one there which sucks cuz i whoulnt have iny one to traine whith.

as you can see my spelling sucks owell  pleas dont pm me like m2 and jumpofmyroof did what losers jk lol
                                                                                                                  Jarrod ;D
GOD LOVES YOU               im a newb so if you have iny advice pleas pm thanks.im on aim alot so say wasup.

i love paintball        i jam whith  mike T. and travis R. sry about the spelling im working on it

Offline CJ Jammers

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
Hey, traceurs of America (and other places). I am CJ Jammers, and am FireFly's friend and PK brother. As he is, I too am an amateur, but will work hard at getting better, and hopefully one of the best. As you might have found out, I come from Ontario, Canada. I hope to learn from you all here, seeing that you are all very good traceurs.

Offline WaterBoy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Courtesy of Captain Insano
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2006, 10:04:28 PM »
WaterBoy-25-M/3kids-Okinawa, Japan
'You can't be done! You haven't puked yet!'--wrestling coach