Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 545384 times)

Offline Killoran

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1620 on: January 25, 2010, 08:47:37 PM »
Hello! My name is Ryan, and I'm good friends with Ryan Dunham, who is also a member of this forum. I'm an accomplished sprinter on the track team, and I also run cross country and pole vault, so obviously I love the idea of parkour, and enjoy jumping, vaulting, and climbing, when I can. APK seemed to be the perfect place to learn parkour and I'm looking forward to learning lots more.

Offline Ryan

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: January 25, 2010, 09:35:29 PM »
Yup, can't wait to get out and train, maybe if it would stop snowing! haha conditioning works.

Offline Dan Shoupe

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 26, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »
Hey, The name's Dan.
I'm in a semi-rural area of Virginia. I'm just getting into parkour and figured this would be a good place to get some insight as to what I'm doing.
Difficulty is only a lack of familiarity with something. Become acquainted with what is difficult and it will cease to be so.

Offline calamity23

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 26, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »
Hey the names calamity23. I live in Boise, ID. Looking for people to train with me (i'm a total newbie when it comes to pakour) 'cause I really don't want to break my neck doing something stupid .

Offline Hannah L

• Patas
  • "It's not an obstacle; It's an OPPORTUNITY."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: January 26, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
Welcome to APK, guys!
Safe training! :)
*Lehigh Valley Parkour (LVPK) member*
*Columbia County Parkour-Bloomsburg University*
*Annoyingly Persistent Traceuse Recruiter*
*Parkour Evangelist*
*Outspokenly Feminist Traceuse*
(In Recovery)

Offline PK0FLOW

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 27, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »
Hi im Bryan

i live in the uk

im getting back into parkour after a years break.
(or me just being lazy) but im wiling to commit and this time i want to improve my fitness, my fluidity through the environment and overall just want to improve my skills.

Offline Gyth17

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: January 27, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »
Hi, I'm Spencer, also good friends with Ryan Dunham. Wanted to learn more about parkour after Ryan was telling me about it. Sooooo yeah, looking forward to learning more about parkour and getting in better cardiovascular shape.  ;)

Offline Ryan

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: January 27, 2010, 08:47:48 PM »
ya community, and people to train with ;P

Offline corners

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: January 28, 2010, 07:51:56 AM »
Hey guys what's up? My name is Killian and I'm just starting free-running. I'm 14 and I live in Huntsville, AR, I goto school in Eureka Springs (an awesome place for parkour *wink* *wink*)
I'm currently in the 8th grade, and hey if anyone is going to Eureka hit me up on facebook just look for Killian McClelland and you'll find me ;)

Offline RyanDiGiorgio

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: January 29, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
Hello,
Nice to meet you all. Name is Ryan Di Giorgio. I live in Brentwood, California. :)

Offline parkourrocky

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 29, 2010, 11:29:33 AM »
Newbie, saying hi.
Right now I'm ridiculously out of shape, but with my new gym I'm building a base level of fitness before I start tackling Cat-grabs and Kongs. I have the handbook and DVD from this site, and I am working on the APK warmup. See you all around!

Offline Mr.WWII

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Do what you can't, Parkour.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 29, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »
Sup im Chris Moran

come from Central Jersey, go to Rutgers University in New Brunswick NJ. The place is loaded with parkour spots, it's great. ANyone else from the area?

I've always done some parkour my whole life unknowingly, just messing around you know? and I used to BMX. I just started training this past month, but I'm in the midst of a long term shoulder tendonitis and lower back problem recovery. I've pretty much gotten my back under control, but the shoulder tendonitis still hinders a lot of my potential, especially with things involving my arms over my head, so I'm mainly focusing on vaults, rolls, and precisions for now.

Luckly, my life has revolved around a serious weightlifting, bodybuilding, and ultimate frisbee training regimen, so I have a good amount of strength and endurance to handle a lot of the demands of parkour, meaning I can focus on a lot of movements right away that others may have to condition extensively to be able to do them. I'm just hoping this means that after I heal up I can get to work right away on my basic skills without having to catch up too much on conditioning first, but I will still condition of course as any good athlete must.

and to all: Injury recovery really sucks. Working out has been my life for the past 2 years. 5-6 days a week every week. I was going strong for 2.5 years straight pretty much, give or take a week or 2 off here and there, until I got tendonitis in my rotator cuff earlier this year. I have now been out of the gym for 2 and a half months, and the shoulder isn't any better. I'm also in physically therapy for my lower back, and it's good enough to handle my parkour now. So all I'm saying is, TRAIN SAFE, and get informed about your anatomy, cause you don't wana be off parkour for months on end just cause a tendon in your shoulder is inflamed.

-chris

Offline Daniel.Rogers

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 30, 2010, 10:21:07 PM »
hola my fellow pakourians or however you would say it but yeah, Im 21 in the military currently deployed so i dnt get to practice often, however me and my buddy have been freestyle parkour for while this site is nice showing some new vaults and tricks. I am originally from california Upper Lake. I am stationed at Fort Carson Colorado next to colorado springs. hope to get to know you guys well

Offline Stephen Westbrook

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 30, 2010, 11:01:30 PM »
Hey everyone! :D

I'm Stephen. I live in North Carolina and i've been a practitioner of Parkour since September of '09.
I've got a background in three different forms of Martial Arts.

I enjoy late-night movies, long walks on the beach, and a big box of chocolate.. ;D

Nahh, but really, im interested about the same stuff as a normal teenager.
"There is no finish line."-Tim Pisteur

Offline evilpenguin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • thyella
« Reply #1634 on: January 31, 2010, 12:37:57 AM »
I'm not really new, but it's the first time I've posted in the forums. I live in south florida and am currently just "restarting" parkour. My area is almost void of any places that will let you practice except for playgrounds and parks, and I'm pretty sure it would be frowned upon even there. Umm what else...oh I have one friend who was interested in it but we basically stopped practicing together and I'm not sure he's interested in it anymore so any people that would be willing to give tips feel free lol other than that there isn't much lol =]

Offline Chocobo609

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: January 31, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
Hello all, My name is Matt, and I've decided to take this up as a personal challenge, something to provide fitness, and a good mental balance and discipline. I've studied Martial Arts all my life, and a lot of this just feels so natural for me. Nothing to clear your mind like training!

Offline Cullen DeLangie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 01, 2010, 11:54:07 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm Cullen. I'm a student,
a writer,
from New Hampshire.
I have never been really athletic, but I've kept decent shape (for a writer?) and have recently decided to make some big changes--self-improvement, simplification, etc. I'm totally new, working on tackling the APK warmup before I start anything. I love to climb trees/other things, hike, bike, have fun, explore--so this seemed ideal! I'm looking forward to learning. Any big/small/any size Parkour hubs around southern NH (especially the University of New Hampshire) that I could connect with? I feel like some camaraderie might help with keeping this up and not getting lazy about it.

Offline GSDragono

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: February 01, 2010, 10:04:35 PM »
Greetings all!

GS will do as a name, for now. I'm located in one San Luis Obispo, CA. I'm new to parkour- new equating to a couple days of experimenting, research, and the beginning of mild conditioning. Sadly, I'm not an athlete, and I've had few athletic experiences, but I'm hoping that won't pose too big of an issue in the long run  :)

Offline Mel Martinez

• Guenons
  • No Inhibitions, No Limits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 02, 2010, 05:13:42 PM »
Hey hey!

Call me DB, and I live in Miami, Florida, but I come from California!

I currently don't train with anyone at all, but I'm hoping to change that! (my friends are all lazy  ::)  )

I love cooking, martial arts, and generally bettering myself  ::)n any way possible. OH! And I play the sax!

Offline Juro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: February 03, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »
Hey I'm Nick.

You can call me Reid. I live in Ogden, Utah but might be moving somewhere else.
Just startin ( of course ) and dont really got anyone to jam with but i'm learnin the basics.
I like to cook, write, meditate*, be spontaneous.

I'm currently a senior and almost done High School...cant wait till its over. I'm not much of an athlete but i try to stay active.