Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 544847 times)

Offline Der Metzger

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2006, 10:35:42 PM »
Hey there everyone. My name's Alex. I'm from a suburb of Des Moines, IA. Believe it or not, not ALL of Iowa is flat, just most of it. Des Moines and my High School is a great place for training. I don't know about everywhere else. I am generally new to Parkour, but have most of the basic movements down fairly, but I still have a long ways to go to near success on most attempts.

P.S. I start the Workout of the Day routines on Tuesday when I get back from Minnesota.

Offline Kylixer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2006, 06:38:59 AM »
VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Well, really, you can call me V, Kylixer, or Hager. Whatever floats your boat.

I've been doing parkour for about 4 months now and am active on the 3run forums.

My arsenal:
LaZy VaulT
Speed Vault
Cat Leap
Dash Vault (Poor)
Underbar
Wall Run
Tic Tac

P.S. I really need better shoes....

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2006, 01:11:26 PM »
Ahhh my brain!
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

psycosis12

« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2006, 02:31:50 PM »
yeah im with JB WTF!?

Offline Argon

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2006, 06:39:32 AM »
Greetings, all. I got into parkour about two or three months ago, mostly training alone, but soon I'll be hooking up with a crew here in Orlando  ;D. I used to be on the UF forums until it got to the point where every. single. post. was about flips and tricking. Now I frequent overflux.com, which has a very nice, tight-knit community; also, I've been trolling the APK forums for a while and just signed up. Cheers,

~Argon
My promise for the month: three sets of handstand pushups (upto 5 reps now...)

I keep having these dreams that I'm falling.
The strange thing is, when I wake up,
They keep coming true.

Offline Tig

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Digitig Design
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2006, 05:51:37 PM »
Whats up I'm Tig.  New to the DC/VA area.  Hit me up

Firedancer,
Photographer,
Graphic Designer,
Adrenaline junkie

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2006, 12:10:16 PM »
 I'm Entity.

I have been interested in Parkour since someone introduced it to me this summer.  I started seriously only a couple weeks ago.

My other interests are track and cross country, Street and closeup Magic, art, science etc. etc.

I'm 16 and located in Upland California (An hour and a half east of LA).

Offline wgross05

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2006, 06:35:59 PM »
Im wes gross

i live in Kansas City, and while i dont do any parkour other than just screwing around with friends, i would really like to get started.
If youre not living on the edge, your taking up too much space.
-no clue

Offline Hybernianous

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2006, 10:54:02 AM »
Sean/37/Northern NM (Santa Fe and Espanola)

Brand new to Parkour.  Found out about it the other day on the Today Show and am doing it in my dreams..., problem is its in my daydreams and I cant sleep for thinking about it.  Was a distance runner for years but got burned out on it.  I also train Kali and Muay Thai, and am a Snowboarder and Rafting Guide.

Interesting to know the movement is so strong in D.C. as I lived there for about 4 years and have a friend there.  Maybe Ill come out at some point and train with you guys!

Also interested in meeting up with some of the krews in CO (Boulder/Co.Sprgs) if they will have an old fart around.  Any other Old Fugers around? contact me!

Offline Woogie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • USS Bulkeley
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2006, 12:47:51 PM »
Hey all, the name is Justin. 

I am in the navy, and im back to living on the east coast...for the time being.  I have heard of free running for a while, never knew it was called parkour.  I am on leave right now and I should be back on the 21st.  I havnt really got into parkour untill now, and I was looking for people around va beach area to show me some good places.  Oh yeah I also leave for my 6 month deployment in early june.
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy"

Offline Binzes

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2006, 01:40:43 PM »
Sean/37.....edited for length....conact me!

Whats up man?  I dont think there is much of a PK movment here in NM.  I havent been doing it for awhile.  I was into it for a couple months but couldn't find any good spots or anyone else willing to do it with me..."wait, so you just like run around and jump on stuff?"...  So I havent done it in awhile and feel I may have gotten lazier then I was as well as less flexible.

Offline Pat Kerby

• Guenons
  • To old to Parkour
    • View Profile
    • www.kerbybrothers.com
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2006, 02:28:18 PM »
Greetings,  I'm Pat, aka "To old for this stuff"....But long to do it anyway.  I'm a filmmaker and former Stunt coordinator living just outside of Las Vegas.  Very interested in Parkour as it relates to comercials and motion pictures.
Director of "Essence of The Force" at www.kerbybrothers.com, and "Fightscenes For Motion Pictures" at www.kbproducts.com

Offline Nick

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2006, 12:33:04 PM »
Hi my name is nick, I live in DC and frequently practice in the MD/DC/VA area, I just started doing parkour again recently (maybe about a month ago) after taking a long break, I first started doing parkour with my friends dylan and spencer (JB and happybudda, respectively).  More recently however, I started again because I was helping film JB and Happy budda's video (max you left me out of the credits) and it just reminded me of how much fun it was.  I also do some sports that share elements with parkour (rock climbing and sometimes a little buildering).  Any time someone wants to do pk or just practice, im almost always available for it.
"We aren't here right now to live forever, we'll live forever tomorow

Offline Will

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Parkour Is A Way Of Living
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2006, 01:12:51 PM »
from Indiana and run with freestylefox
The Flow Of Life Is A Great One! Go Out There And Live!

Offline houston

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2006, 05:26:56 PM »
im houston from hickeville nv
i run with friends in reno

Offline MONKEY KING

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Monkey King
    • View Profile
    • The Natural Method
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2006, 11:29:28 AM »
Yo, fellow traceur's, Name's V, but you can call me Versus. I've always been into flying and getting out of crazy situations fluidly. So Parkour was a definite lifestyle choice for me. I enjoy a bit of kung fu, Good smokes, bad women, and great times. Im a DC native so hit me up if you wanna train or traverse the city in parkour fashion. 
"You've only got one life, Be Yourself..." - Roosevelt

Offline EonBlueApocolypse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2006, 09:35:46 AM »
Hey guys I'm your newest member.  I've been into parkour for about a week now.  I used to be into skating and have always been pretty active with running and jumping and what-not so this is right up my ally.  I'm in the northern NJ area near the city if anyone wants to chill.  I'll be at the 6-16  6-17 PKUSA jam so go there!

Offline damian

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2006, 04:01:13 PM »
Howdy, I am an independant filmmaker/ tv video producer. I am always looking for new and interesting topics both for commercial work as well as film subjects. I am in Utah but travel throughout the US and sometimes abroad. I am anxious to learn more.

Gearsighted

« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2006, 04:22:57 PM »
I don't know if I've ever posted in here, but I just wanted to pipe up and extend a welcome and a huge thank you to everybody who makes up this community! On that note, feel free to email or PM me at any time for any reason, I'm always here to help :D

Offline pointman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2006, 04:36:13 AM »
hey, im 16 and just started not too long ago. me and one of my buddies have been practicing and we have most of the basic vaults down. im from Wakefield MA