Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 543967 times)

Offline imaligertamer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1580 on: January 10, 2010, 09:11:50 PM »
Byron Storey, Mississippi State University, Mississippi.

Great community, I'm excited to be a part.

Offline Colby Cryar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 10, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »
My name is Colby aka Barefoot Boy, and I have just recently come to terms with the fact that shoes are sometimes necessary (I hate them).

I have been a traceur for since summer of 06, though I am learning very slowly.

I am in Lake Charles and there are not many of us here, or at least not that I know of.

Offline toaststamp

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 11, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »
Hey guys

Toasty here. Completely unknown to the Philadelphia, PA, scene by choice. Parkour is a fantastic type of exercise for me, since I'm living with Fibromyalgia. For those of you who don't know, Fibromyalgia is supposedly a neuromuscular disease that focuses on the pain receptors, making them fire much more often and much more responsive than they should be. There are some days when it's physically impossible to get out of bed, and there are some days I can function like any normal person. So, I try to be as active as I can as often as I can. If I can find any of my pics or vids, they'll be up.

Peace. Out.

Offline Flyer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 11, 2010, 11:50:02 PM »
Hi, I am Tomasz and I am from Poland. Do You know, where is my country? Yes, in Europe! :D
I am 16 years old and I was born in canada. But I lived there only three years, so my english isn't good ^^' So sorry if I made some mistakes xD
I live in small town, but if I want, I can go to the Warsaw (Capitol) or Pruszków (In that city is my school). I like running and writing xd I interested in Parkour, when I was 15 and I played to long Prince of persia ;P I wanted to do wallrun, so I tryed aaaaAAAnnnddd...Bach xD But I will learn xD

Ok, sorry for mistakes and greetings! xD

Offline Kiku Ichiomonjii

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 12, 2010, 05:14:19 PM »
Always been a fan of running,jumping and climbing off everything for no reason.
ive heard of parkour but never looked into it until now,im decent on what i do but need help
to get better~  :D

im in Columbus Georgia,am old enough,and ready to get started
(recovering from a dislocated hip,so it will happen slowly)

Offline samfisher777

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 13, 2010, 01:46:25 AM »
Hey!
I'm Sam and I live in Bristol in England. Pretty boring place but alot of site to run in, over, on, through, around, under etc.
Don't know anyone here but have been doing this for about two years or so with a friend.
Gets kinda difficult with the weather so bad, cuz you slip everywhere but it gets the thrill factor.
:-D
Sam Fisher

Offline ADJ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 13, 2010, 06:04:45 AM »
hi , my name is ADJ , am new here , and i really don't know how to get started , i just need to train well , and please someone answer this question : what is the perfect and the maximum weight "in kilograms" to be a free-runner ?
nice to meet you all ...

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #1587 on: January 13, 2010, 07:14:12 AM »
Welcome to APK all!

And ADJ, Check out the "How to get started" page on the main website to help you start off, and Parkour is about adapting so there is no "best" weight to be a free-runner  :)
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline Matias

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 13, 2010, 11:17:36 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm Matias from Argentina. I've been checking the forum and all for a while but realized I have never introduced myself. Over here, mainly in Buenos Aires we are growing as a PK community. In other cities too but the core is in Buenos Aires.

I've been into PK since 2006 but with a very low learning curve due to little time to focus on it. But I really like it and now I'm trying to re-start my training (after losing some weight I might add)  ;D

See you!

Offline Taizen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 13, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »
Hi. I'm Taizen. I'm 23 and in the military. I'm being moved to Valdosta Georgia from DC on the 18th of this month. I've been a long Parkour fan and have been doing parkour lazily for the past 5 years. Because of an injury I havent practiced in about a year and a half. So, if there are any practitioners in the Valdosta area, let me know. I'm looking on hitting the ground running and getting into a good group. Looking forward to my first jam. So later.

Peace

Offline ADJ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: January 13, 2010, 01:59:39 PM »
thanx , Jeremy Osborn

Offline Anne

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 13, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »
Hello, I'm Anne.  I live in El Paso, Texas and go to school at Stephen F. Austin State University (in Nacogdoches, Texas).  I've never been big on taking predetermined paths and I love how parkour looks so I decided to learn how to do it (especially after playing Assassin's Creed ;) ).  If anyone in EP or Nac does parkour let me know, I'd love to join you ;D

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #1592 on: January 14, 2010, 06:57:00 AM »
Hi Anne!! Try looking in the Texas forums, which can be found ->here<-. I know there are some people who train up in Austin, and im sure theres people down there, the Texas scene is fairly large, i believe!
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline HEARTsoul

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Nature, that is where my training begins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 14, 2010, 08:15:31 AM »
My name is Cramer
I live in north east Pennsylvania
I have been practicing Parkour for about a month now
Looking forward to all the great times, and people, that Parkour will lead me to.
You cannot have a proud and chivalrous spirit if your conduct is mean and paltry; for whatever a man's actions are, such must be his spirit. Demosthenes

Offline Reishimaru

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 14, 2010, 08:16:39 AM »
Hello everyone. My names Jorge and I live in Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico. I officially started practicing parkour a few months ago.
Im learning the ropes quickly since I have a Martial arts/Tricking background. Right now Im helping out to start a local comunity here in PR.
we just started ^-^ and its good to be affiliated to APK.

There is not many things to flow threw here in PR but there are still are a few small good places to train..still havent found a good place to practice determinedly my precision tough but that is not stopping me.

also if there is a thread that can help me with my precision and balance please direct me to it ^-^.
Thanks to all.

Offline kvstuts2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 14, 2010, 07:10:07 PM »
Hey all, my location is in Birmingham, AL and I'm looking for some professional training. I'm 21, pretty athletic but I've only just learned of parkour and I really want to learn. Please, anyone with helpful advise, please hit me up. ALso if there are any fellow B-ham people here let me know. This is kind of boring alone.

Offline Neta

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Traceuse blog
« Reply #1596 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:42 AM »
Hi everybody. ; )
I'm Neta and I'm from Poland. I'm doing parkour since January 2009.
I am not good in english, so I hope that I will understand what you write on forum and that I won't do very mistakes in my messages. I want to improve my english on your forum and get familiar American traceurs methods of trainings. ; )

Offline cOUCH

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 15, 2010, 01:28:30 PM »
Well i suppose ill say who i am. cOUCH.  c as in couch, cause i get lazy. OUCH as in, i gone and F****d my sh** up. Been doing it since 06' but found out that other people do it , and that there was a name for it in 08'.... ive gotten beat and bruised, and i probably cant do anything anymore, but oh well, if i injure myself. Then i injure myself...

Offline Evidence120690

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Scratching the Surface with a Sledgehammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 15, 2010, 02:14:29 PM »
Hey there! My name's James. I'm 19 and just now getting a start in Parkour, I live in Chicago and enjoy cars, video games and of course slipping about the downtown area, hope to run with as many of you all as I can!

Offline Utne Wire Man

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 16, 2010, 08:54:05 PM »
Hey there,

I'm Jeff. I've been fascinated with movement and parkour for close to five years now, but haven't done much about it. I'm from Denver, don't know anyone on here yet. I've explored many places in Denver, and I need a new way to experience it!

Until Then,
JK