Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 521663 times)

Offline cferris17

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #1180 on: May 07, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »
name is chris live in omaha nebraska
trying and hoping to get more involved with parkour : /

Offline Jabo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 07, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »
Hows it goin everyone?
I'm Ben, I live in Connecticut and have been doing parkour for about a year.
I did gymnastics for 10 years along with soccer,track,wrestling and cross country, all of which has helped out my parkour experience. I'm always looking for people in the area to work with and hopefully I can make a video soon.
see ya around!

wlf

« Reply #1182 on: May 07, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
hello i am new here and i heard about parkour from many sources movies and some vid games and i thought that would be awesome to do so here i am [/color]

Offline aocvirek

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 08, 2009, 03:20:10 AM »
Hi, the name is Alex. I heard about Parkour during a random Google search for skills related to my work, then decided to dig more after seeing some demonstrations.

This does seem like an enjoyable hobby, but my interest in it is primarily professional. Most of the skills I have seen demonstrated could prove to be a tremendous asset at some point. Looking forward to learning all I can about this, and training hard to make it useful.

Offline Atomhunter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 08, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »
Hey, I'm Jax (actually Jack but like Jax better)
I'm in SD..... and in highschool. Parkour has always interested me after watching District B13, and playing Mirror's Edge so I've decided to give it a go. 8)

Offline Sven Melan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: May 11, 2009, 01:10:20 PM »
Hey all! M' name's Sven and I *just* learned about Free Running and Parkour. I'm really interested and I've been all over the site looking at tutorials ans the workouts, even though all I can do at the moment is the warm-up, half of a WOD and some kinda mediocre wall runs  ;D

Offline iown

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 11, 2009, 03:51:19 PM »
Hey its David from colorado

Offline ghostninja95

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 11, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »
Hey people.

I'm Phillip Benitez. I like to go by Ghost, but nobody calls me that.

I did gymnastics for 4 years, so I'm naturally good at a lot of stuff.  :)

Offline Elvira

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 12, 2009, 06:00:32 AM »
Hi everyone :)
My name is Elvira, I live in the netherlands (europe, amsterdam, does it ring a bell? ;))
I'll be going on a school trip to Boston (MA) in 3 weeks so I thought I'd just register here since I've been practicing parkour for about 6 months now, and would like to train while in the US.
Any other questions? Just ask

Offline kharvilak

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 13, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »
Greetings one and all,
My name's Kurt.  I'm from Maryland, and just recently (maybe a month ago) heard about Parkour/Free Running through a friend on Facebook.  After that, I've started absorbing all I can about it, which of course led me to this forum.  I mountain and road bike, run, weight train, and have a little background in Kung Fu.  I'm 37, have a bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems, play guitar, and snowboard.  My biggest hobby however is photography, which I've been really into for the past 21 years.  I mostly shoot concerts and am the staff photographer for a local heavy metal promotion company in Carroll County, Maryland.  By day, I'm a Systems/Network/Telecom Administrator for a local military contractor in the field of robotics.  It's become a rather boring job after 10 years, but hey, it pays the bills and when the day's done that's all that really matters.
I've been wanting to get started training in Parkour, so lately I've been scouting out my local area for good spots, though I'm sure I'll have to look elsewhere as it is a small town with only a few good possibilities that I'm aware of.  I'm hoping to make it to some of the Frederick Jams in the near future and possibly some D.C. ones as time and travel allows.
I've got some major printer problems to fix, so I must cut this short.

Kurt

Offline Lonnie Tisdale

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • San Diego Parkour, PKCali.com
« Reply #1190 on: May 14, 2009, 10:35:15 AM »
Hey, I'm Jax (actually Jack but like Jax better)
I'm in SD..... and in highschool. Parkour has always interested me after watching District B13, and playing Mirror's Edge so I've decided to give it a go. 8)

Dude, welcome! We've got a big community going in San Diego with regular sessions every week! Check out the forums on www.PKCali.com; that's where we currently organize everything. You can also check out www.SDParkour.com though it's a work in progress. I hope to see you out there. I'm liquid on PKCali btw.
"Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it; he that fears not, gives advantage to the danger."

Offline Cheyne

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 16, 2009, 03:59:50 PM »
My name is Cheyne I just got into Parkour I'm 15 years old and I'm hoping to learn Alot from this site!
Live like your going to die tomorrow, Learn like you going to live forever

Offline itcomagic

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 17, 2009, 12:11:52 AM »
Itcomagic (Doug). Memphis, TN area. Want to learn more about this sport.

Offline Bret Coon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 19, 2009, 12:58:59 PM »
Hi im Bret im from Maryland, in the Dundalk area i just started training and i've decided that i should take up a type of running before i enlist into the military and i was bored of static straight foreward running and a friend introduced me to parkour and i already learned some of the basic movements.
if you have any questions just pm me and ill get back to you a.s.a.p.

Offline Ranger_000

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 19, 2009, 03:32:53 PM »
Hi, I am Ian. I have been training off and on for nearly two years here in Phoenix, Az.

Offline Brandon Haag

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 19, 2009, 03:43:20 PM »
hey brother's
i'm brandon
i've been practicing for maybe 2 months now
i live in PA
i like to practice parkour
god gave you legs.... god gave you hands.... your destiny parkour!

Offline The Street Hawks

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 19, 2009, 07:39:57 PM »
Hey sup, im in to privacy (not that anyone on this site lives near me) so no real name
"AAAAWWWWW!!!"

yeah don't know my friends username cause he hasn't made one yet, but it's just the two of us doin our thing in da North eh, (Wisconsin isn't technicaly that north but whatever)

I'm really into parkour (I'm so unique) but i don't like watching the pro's go at it cause it sets a mental standard in my mind after awhile that i can't live up to

Offline FStasky

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 22, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »
Hey, I'm Frank Stasky. I'm 18 and from some suburbs just south of Philadelphia, PA. I've always known about Parkour and Freerunning, but I never knew the name. Once I figured it out, I became obsessed with it. I just started training and I love it.

Offline DvCMQ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 22, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »
Hello Fellow Traceurs!! ;D Well I am DvCMQ, or known as Mark Quiambao..I live in an island known as Rota, in the Northern Marianas and I am a fellow traceur/breaker.. I practice to do what should be done, and how it could be done. At the moment I am just starting since 2 months ago and I am ascending in skill. More about me later, I am here to help and learn so hello and thank you for having me here!! :)

Offline jay oliver

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 23, 2009, 07:25:52 PM »
new on here and to parkour. my name is jay. anybody on here from good ol wisconsin.