Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 543956 times)

Offline tonyfreak215

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2006, 06:35:15 PM »
Hi my name is tony. I just started parkour, but have been jumping over/around things at school when i get bored. I'm really glad i heard about this site. Most of the other sites that I've seen were either in a different language or based in a different country.

ps. I was looking around at the site and all the tutorial links don't work. Is there another site to visit?
http://www.americanparkour.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=39
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:18:16 PM by tonyfreak215 »

Offline PKRainbowChaser

• Patas
  • Rainbow In The Sky With Diamonds
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2006, 07:13:46 PM »
hey everyone im eric from dc/maryland area. im about a mile away from shady grove metro so i can get to dc pretty easily if its near a station. ive just started and am looking for some people to train with and learn with. Ive got a couple friends who are also interested in it but just arent on the site.
i used to do gymnastics and shaolin do so im fairly aware of my body in its environment and will be a quick learner.
hope to see some peeps soon.  8)

Offline IwishIcould

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »
Oasis, finally got on after a lot of account problems, no need to worry about it m2 it seems to be working now. Im go by the same forum name at nyparkour.com

Offline Anthony DeRosa

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »
Hi everyone!  I came across this site via a comment at digg.com this past weekend.  It was the first time I ever heard of Parkour, and since then i think I've read almost every page on this site, as well as check out numerous videos and and a few other PK sites.  I'm very impressed with this art, and being a martial artist most of my life, I also appreciate what Parkour teaches you and it's intended purposes.  This site is excellent because it really does show it's focus on what I have learned to be the true meaning of Parkour; placing yourself in a mindset to overcome any obstacle that maybe in your path, the most efficient way possible, and ideally, allowing you to react to other obstacles in your life in the same way.

I'm on a quest for a good pair of shoes now to start practicing Parkour (I read that Merrells seem to be the Traceur favorite).  I don't have much of an urban setting to work with as I live in a much more wooded part of New Jersey, but I'll make due. :)

Eventually, this is something I would like to introduce to my dojo's karateka during our summer Karate Kamp.

I look forward to my future in Parkour, and on this site. :)

Offline Vagabond

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2006, 07:32:02 AM »
Hello My name is Patrick aka Vagabond
Reno Nevada
I mostly do freestyle when I can but I love regular parkour.
Always Learn, Always Train
http://norcalparkour.webs.com/

Offline Sneak

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2006, 10:11:31 AM »
Well, i've been posting in the Colorado fourms for some time now...

So Hi, My names Ross, you can call me sneak.

I live in Colorado Springs and I drive a black lincon town car.

haha:-D

psycosis12

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »
hey my name is raynard i go to cardozo shs, im 16 i drive a skateboard...........its pretty beat up though.........i guiess you can call it a bucket...........lol

i have heard about parkour during the summer from altimo and i havent really followed through with it until recently when i learned it was in DC

i am 5'9'' 131 3/4 lbs i am a boxer/football player...............i have an  IQ of 124 and i plan to keep it that way or higher by not fallin' on my head.................

Offline goldie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2006, 02:32:33 AM »
yo

im dan but goldie will do ummm im from england i really liked ur site so i thought id sign up.
ive been doin pk for about a year still going strong ummm yea thats about it
 0( unhappy cyclops
0 ( unhappy cyclops

Offline Splink

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2006, 04:08:00 AM »
Hey im Splink or JK or on some boards a combo of them both. i mainly hang about the boards at http://forum.worldwideflow.com as im a Mod called SplinkJK.

i been doing Parkour for about 12 months now and i still get the same glow inside me when i do it.

Im 18, i live in England.

Thats me!

:P

Offline Agraciada

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Balance and Grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2006, 09:06:26 PM »
 Huron, Ohio (Huron is 15 miles from Sandusky and about a half hour-ish from Cleveland).
 Fastpitch Softball is really the only sport that I've really ever kept up with although I love just going outside and on Lake Erie.

I can't even say I'm new to parkour, because I shouldn't be considered new since I truly haven't even began to do it. I believe I have a lot more training and getting into shape, so my goal is to first build myself up to being healthy in the first place, THEN get going into this art. I've decided to change myself for the better a bit you see, so I'm already happy to say my diet is a lot healthier, I drink a lot more water (I never drink pop XP), for the most park I avoid sugar, I have conditioning Mon, Weds, and Thurs. for softball (and trust me, it's good conditioning that's actually good for Parkour as well).

Although I haven't actually experienced the pure physical aspect of Le Parkour, I'm aware of it's fundamentals and the idea behind it (Don't worry, I'm not one of those new people who are like "Flips are too Parkour!" and argue forever about it.)

I know English which I hope most of you do too ;-; because talk like "Omg tht wuz awsum" tend to wear away my soul.
       Advice and information is always helpful, in fact I love learning about new things and I am open to mostly anything.
  This bit sounds a bit odd but... I really love anything related to beauty and grace, fluidity as well and I see Le Parkour as a window of opportunity to help further my fix for this passion of mine and (of course) to help my ass out in situations (also to have fun, duh).

I think I've bored you long enough, because I could tell my life story, but I know how annoying that is.

So cheers*~

Edit:  Not that it matters, but I'm a girl in case the screenname is sort of ... eh, you could have just looked at my profile.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 09:08:00 PM by Agraciado »

Offline Yak

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2006, 10:05:31 PM »
I'm Yak, from the DC area.  I'm a Parkour.net guy.

Offline RyanV

• Patas
  • There are 10 types of people in this world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2006, 07:57:23 PM »
This is Smilez aka Ryan Videtich from Ionia, MI. I've introduced myself on the Michigan thread, but i guess i could throw my name out here too. Pretty new to the art form that is Parkour, but the learning curve is pretty quick on my end so if your in the area drop me a line and we'll hit the streets.

Offline phragile

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2006, 07:06:51 PM »
Name's Shaun.

I go by Phragile on the forums, or Phrag if you prefer. I find myself contemplating how gay lame either one would sound in everyday life, so I usually just stick with Shaun...

I'm training in London for awhile, and will find myself in Tallahassee, Florida by next fall. On vacations, I return home to Sabattus, Maine. If you want to PK in any of these locations, give me a shout!

Looking forward to some American jams, although I'll have to wait quite awhile before I can get to any...

EDIT: I thought someone might get offended. I don't need any lawsuits...  :-[
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:15:44 PM by phragile »

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2006, 04:53:34 AM »
Hey
   Im drai jones AKA unique im a solo parkourist.
I live in omaha neb moving to texas after summer so I had to quit my last team called public enemy.
im 14 been doing parkour for 3 years.And i enjoy writing,parkouring,and watching my mom freakout When i do a dangrous feat.
- “Don't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI

Offline LeftistRevolution

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Revolutionary in my own mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2006, 07:44:30 PM »
Hey all,

I'm Bobby. I'm 17 years old, and hail from Central Jersey. I got into parkour early in 2005, I was out of shape however (still am a bit) so I got pretty disheartened and stopped doing it. However recently my love for the art has been re-awoken, and im starting to get into shape (Eating healthier, running alot more) also  ive started basic drills, very slowly however (rolls mostly) Im hoping to be in shape and ready to start training more extensivley by late february, early march hopefully.  :)

Offline Mitsuko

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Royal designs
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2006, 02:11:13 PM »
Just thought I'd mention, this is mentalmatt, I changed my name ;)
If you are reading this while you could be outside, go outside!

Offline The Serpent

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2006, 09:22:44 AM »
Evan of Ionia,Michigan-that makes a total of 2 for Ionia

Offline Leap Frog

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2006, 07:13:13 PM »
sup all,
I'm Mitch, live in minneapolis MN
havent been able to find too many traceurs here, hit me up if youre around
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to...I guess

Offline Lorin Ball

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • 1LB
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2006, 08:41:09 PM »
B4ll_Z fromt the land of everot w. thogh I am from Co. Word to thy Fellow Parkours!

Offline Bravodor

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Turtle Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2006, 06:57:54 PM »
Ok here goes.

Im 17, about 145 pounds, six foot.

I run varsity crosscountry (3 to 3.5 mile races) and track(400 meter to 1 mile) for my highschool. I started out just running when I got bored, and I can do about 23 miles straight up or about six hours at different speeds before I start burning out.

Uh...I work out my up body alot, but I dont do weights with my legs.
Bench press is about 140-150 pounds for about eight reps and I max somewhere around 170. I curl about 55 per arm.

But from what Ive read that doesnt seem that important...

I started out just messing around on my long runs around where I live. Mostly just fences, railings some brick walls . So my current activity is pretty much climbing buildings and jumping walls and hopping fences.

I live in the suburbs of Houston, big city, but theres not many obstacles like Ive seen in pictures and videos on this site an others. Lots of neighborhoods, hence suburbs.

I doubt any of my friends from track would be willing to do this with me, so Im limited on people I can try this with.

I read the turtorials and technique guides on this site and watched the videos, I also visited a bunch of other sites that outlined the basic techniques, I can pretty much do everything but the flips over railings and off the wall. And by "do" I mean I can pull it off, it doesnt look pretty but I can do it.

I run in shorts and a sleeveless shirt, I have some gloves I use for bench that I usually wear ( no fingers, just leather palms) as my hands were getting pretty cut up.

Any suggestions for someone who is just starting and has no idea what hes doing ?
The end is always in the beginning.