Author Topic: Colorado Springs Parkour  (Read 48750 times)

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
Re: Colorado Springs Parkour
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 11:37:27 AM »
This week we are meeting at Garden of the Gods by Balancing rock.  We meet at 4:30pm and go for a couple hours usually.

Hope you guys can make it!

Offline apil

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 04:11:37 PM »
Alright, we'll probably be there, but do you think you could give me some directions?  I tired map quest, but it wasn't much help. thanks alot

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 10:25:06 PM »
Yeah, until today I didn't really know how to get there myself.

So from I-25 you take the Darden of the Gods exit.  Turn west towards the mountains.  You will continue for a while, and soon after the road starts veering right, you will turn left at a light.  Don't remember the name of the street, but if you follow the brown signs they should get you there.

Once you are in GOG, I can't help you much.  Balancing rock is at the back of the park, though, so you have to go a ways into the park.

Hope that helps a little.  You might want to ask someone else, though.  Too bad you didn;t make it today, though.  We will be meeting there next week as far as I know, so come then.

Offline apil

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »
Yea, i forgot it was tuesday yesterday, so i didn't even think that there was a jam yesterday, what i should of said is we'll be there next week because its my spring break. Hopefully i can find it tho ;D

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 09:02:50 PM »
Okay see you there!

Offline Zewbacca

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 02:50:19 PM »
Hey guys, I am 14, so a little young, but I am interested in this sport. Ive done something similar to this for a while, but a little safer. If you know a good place around Gleneagle/Monument to practice, mind telling me? Thanks.

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 07:34:03 PM »
Hmmm . . . everything about parkour should be approached with safety in mind.  Some things that we do may not seem safe, but we train for years to get to where we can perform those "moves" safely.

As for your question: I don't know  :)

Offline apil

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 03:12:30 PM »
Hey, someone that is going to the springs jam tomorrow, can i get your cell number? In case i get horribly lost or something?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:35:45 PM by apil »

Offline apil

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »
 ;) So i went up to garden of the gods today, cuz i thought thats where you guys were meeting, but i never ran into anyone. But its an awesome place to say the least, and has some great stuff. I'll definitly be back

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 09:35:53 AM »
I was not there, but I know for a fact that there was at least one person there.

Keep in mind that people tend to be late . . . like 25-35 min. late.  Did you at least find balancing rock?  If so, thats a good accomplishment because it's tough to find.

Offline apil

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 05:39:07 PM »
Yea, we found Balancing Rock, it wasn't too hard. We ended up getting there around 3 and leaving at almost 6.  We saw one guy in a red shirt kind of doing stuff, but we never talked to anybody.  When i got there i realized i had no idea who i was looking for, their names, or what they looked like.  So i'll probably find that out before hand next time. ;D ;

Offline Samil Lerggiw

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 01:11:27 PM »
I was probably the guy in the red shirt.  I'll be there today around 4:40 also, in a white shirt.  Hopefully some of the other guys will be there, as I'm really one of the more new people to this particular group.  I know crosion will be there.  See ya there!

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 01:44:24 PM »
Yep, we were both there, but nobody else showed up, or confronted us.

I swear I saw a guy get into an car that had a pair of Ariakes on, but I wasn't close enough to see clearly.  Anyway, we left at about 5:30.  We'll be there next week!

Offline Samil Lerggiw

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 01:12:32 PM »
Yep yep, we'll be there this week.

Offline UrbanShadow

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 09:08:08 AM »
Can anyone tell me when a good time to go to Cottonwood Creek Park would be-I have been meaning to go there since I got to the Springs, but I wanted to make sure that someone with more experience was gonna be there so I don't kill myself. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
"If you dig it, do it. If you really dig it, do it twice." ~Jim Croce~

Offline Flashblastx

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2008, 07:01:55 PM »
From Monday to Friday I can go anytime after 3:15. And on weekend whenever. I live right next to it ;D. Just set a time man and ill be there with a few of my friends. Were pretty good. 2 years.
Love

Offline uNCLEsAM098

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 08:18:07 PM »
Hello, and I'm sorry for this being my first post, with the message I'm about to write:

I'm a newcomer to Parkour/Freerunning, and really, truly want to get active in this, but as I'm seeing with a lot of other posts, I don't feel comfortable practicing without others, at least until I get the basics down, so I'd like to join a group.

My issue, is that my only source of an internet connection is at the library/familys house, so I don't have much of a way to keep checking the forum here for info on how to get ahold of groups.

Now I spotted that there are those that meet at Cottonwood Park during the weekdays and weekends, so I'll definately try to join you there, but I'd like to know for sure that people will be there so I don't show up and not find anybody!

Also, I read how people meet at the Balancing Rock, but I didn't spot a day/time, so if someone could let me know, I'd much appreciate it.

If someone could please contact me (as long as you please don't go giving my info out to everyone, I don't mind anyone contacting me) and letting me know days/times, I will happily join and tag along every chance I get!

My name is Chris, and my cell # is 719-660-1682. Please call or text (Either is great, but texts are prefered so I can save the info), and I have verizon if that helps anyone text for free.

I'm sorry to not give any more posts than this, but I do read the posts here when possible, as well as work on the workouts on the main page, I just would like some 'buddies' to practice with :)

Thanks for reading/helping out,
-Chris
"I like quoting myself. It makes me feel... important and dignified." -Myself

Offline Maverick219

• Guenons
  • AH HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »
im new to parkour and i really wanna get started. im looking for a good place to practice and a crowd that can show me the ropes. can anyone help me out? if you wanna contact me email me at  pvtglidden@yahoo.com thanks
hit hard and dont stop comin

Offline M16Parkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »
Hey I'm right near cottenwood creek park and I'm just starting and have no ride to realy make it anywhere else but if somone is welling to give me a ride great the number is 719-260-5595 and my name is Josh I'm in great shape and am leaving for Basic Training in Oct. but looking to get into the sport before I leave

Offline Radar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »
Hey guys, me and my friend just started parkour about 2 weeks ago, we live by garden ranch and sometimes train at the park there. Before I had even started parkour, I had saw some people down there jumping off the top of the brown twisting slide and practicing thier rolls, and I wanted to know if it was one of you guys that are posting, and if it was mayby we could practice sometime.