Author Topic: Super awesome jams  (Read 3292 times)

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Super awesome jams
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:58:30 AM »
okay so there are a bunch of hotspots that should be a jammed upon! its getting chilly but who cares what better time then sometime in the near future to check out the AACC, or Rosslyn or Silverspring or any other ideas for jam locations. pretty much after a fun jam in Rosslyn im in the mood to jam and just want an excuse for it. the more the merrier

Offline Rob Wolcheski

• Patas
  • RAW
    • View Profile
Re: Super awesome jams
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 11:24:19 AM »
Don't know if you visit DC Metro Parkour's website, but there was a recent report (and link to images on flickr) on Fort Hunt Park in NoVA.  Sounds like an awesome place to jam/train.  Any interest in checking this spot out?

http://dcmetroparkour.com/2007/10/28/fort-hunt-park-hotspot-report/
How can I be so skinny and live so phat???

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:43:22 AM »
yeah i definetly like the sound of it but im not sure how far away it is/if there is tranportation. but i do want to check it out.

Offline Rob Wolcheski

• Patas
  • RAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 01:31:03 PM »
I'll check with binarystyles (author of the Fort Hunt report) about the transportation situation, but I think the location might be accessible via Metro-to-bus transfer.  Given that the Metro/bus situation in NoVa can at times be unreliable, I'd be down for driving a few people who are without access to a car.  Planning in the works... more to come...   

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
    • BEST PARKOUR DOCUMENTARY EVER!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 04:34:02 PM »
Even though i'm injured i'd be willing to do the same.

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 07:03:10 PM »
If anyone is interested in coming to AACC I'd be more than happy to head up a jam. Its the main training place for me and most of the freerunner/traceurs in the Severna Park/Glen Burnie/Pasadena MD area.
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline Rob Wolcheski

• Patas
  • RAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 05:34:36 AM »
Kuro, I've never been out to AACC and would love to check it out.  Hitting new spots is always a blast.  I think many of us tend to train in the same spot because of convenience, and limited knowledge and/or access to other places.  This thread has inspired an idea on which I'd like to get some feedback. 

How does the DC community feel about a "Tour de Parkour?"  Concept is simple - local traceurs volunteer to lead jams or training sessions in their usual training spots at a set time every (or every other) week.  Content of the session is up to the host and could include a conditioning circuit (e.g., gear's Silver Spring gauntlet), parkour-themed games, etc.  Locations will rotate every session, with the rule that no state or district can host back-to-back.  This will ensure that local traceurs are exposed to a broader sample of the region's offerings.

I know this might come across as overly regimented, but hopefully it will inspire people to train more regularly as a group.  Thoughts???

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 09:18:04 AM »
We did this over the summer. It worked well for a bit... then people stopped volunteering. :(

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 09:43:39 AM »
haha yea, just as happydud said, almost word for word something happened like that over the summer. Its sad that it fell apart. I was looking forward to your second water training session Zack, and then you had to go and bust yourself up lol.

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 10:52:39 AM »
NOT MY FAULT.

Okay, well it was. But! You just wait until this summer... It'll be a billion times better.

As per the topic: I don't know how well it'll work during the school year, just because a lot of people are away at school, busy with school, etc. However, I definitely think we should try to get a weekly thing going again this summer, maybe something more organized so transportation wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 11:04:30 AM »
so two ideas are the AACC and the 3 forts in alexandria, anyone have a preference, and a time when they would like to do it. Im up for pretty much anything

Offline Rob Wolcheski

• Patas
  • RAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »
Sounds like next Sunday, November 11 @ Fort Hunt Park might work.  If you're available, start throwing out some times.

(I'd also be down for some AACC training this upcoming Sunday, November 4)

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 01:34:03 PM »
well i think i can definetly do a jam at Fort Hunt November 11th- starting earlier is probably better, more time and things. although this weekend i might be going down to pennsylvania although if im not i'd like to go, and if people are up for another time for the AACC besides this weekend im quite up for it.

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »
can anyone get an address for Fort Hunt?

Me and some friends are thinking about going up this sunday.

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 06:42:55 PM »
Alright me and a few people decided to head down to fort hunt this weekend, i posted a jam for it, anyone that wants to can come.