Author Topic: How bad do we suck?  (Read 11516 times)

Offline Metu Fury

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
How bad do we suck?
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:58:59 AM »
Do we all just suck or are we all too lazy to post? I dont think that we "all" suck, matter of fact, I dont think any of us suck. So why wont anyone post?? Did someone else have to do it first? I'll be that guy. So everyone, start posting. Lets try introducing ourselves. Im John, Ive been doing Parkour seriously for about a year now. Ive climbed things all my life so a few years ago I started rock climbing. I was visiting Buildering.net when I saw a link for Parkour, I clicked and became sucked in to the world of free running. Im from this little state called Connecticut (anyone heard of it?  ;)) Thats me.

Offline tobikomi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: How bad do we suck?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 05:44:35 PM »
Yea I hear you.

I'm just getting started though, and I was beginning to think that I'd be having to make a trek up to Boston every weekend I could when the weather clears up to get in contact with anybody. Glad to see there's someone near heres. I really haven't done much of anything and am just looking for time and people to get going with. SNOW ARRR! Dang...  :P I would be fine for a bit on my own but I live in that little town part of CT down southwest. Nothing but trees and flat asphalt which is no fun at all seeing as there aren't even any worthwhile boulders to scale, and I LOVE rock climbing btw.  :D Friends used to call me "goat kid" or something to that nature. Can't say whether I suck or not yet, as I only found out about parkour a few days ago. Yet I'm flat out STOKED to try some stuff next weekend or something.  ;D Man, nothing has crossed my mind but parkour since. Click, boom, world goes numb for a minute or two and then it hits you. DANG, someones been holding out.

So yea....cool.....hi! Nice to meet you.  :)

Offline GottaTryIt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 10:38:19 AM »
Ever since seeing Parkour on the discovery channel I have been in love with it; in my mind.  I've never actually done it.  It has either been too cold or I have been injured.  However, my entire life I have said to people that if I didn't look so foolish I would run everywhere (though I am by no means a runner, more of a soccer player). Being that I have recently moved back to CT from AZ, would someone please show me how and/or where people from CT practice.  I currently live in New Britain but often travel to Groton.

Matt

Offline Evilo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Time To Fly
    • View Profile
    • my movies
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 06:18:59 PM »
joining in on the introdustions, Hi. I'm Alex Olive, i used to like the name Evilo and my friends have decided thats my parkour name. i have done parkour for a little over a year, only recently ive gotten good and really caught on to the mind set of it. my brother introduced me to this but i surpassed him in a matter of weeks and ive been doing it with a couple of friends since. i live in this tiny town called Cheshire and i train on this little dinky playground but it works, i like going into new haven and scouting places. if you are ever in the cheshire area let me know (e-mail is Gumgeek@aol.com) im not all that good but im up for trying anything and having a good time doing it.

(i put a movie of me and my friends online at www.video.google.com just search "evilo" and my movies should come up. im the one that always wears a hat)

Offline quetzalcoatl

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 06:58:45 AM »
hey guys head on over to www.neparkour.com

Offline nocturnalnachos

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 10:29:44 PM »
Hey, I just started Parkour a little while ago as well.  I am from East Haven and I am going to college in boston starting this fall and to anyone that is in the New Haven parts or is in the brookline part of boston.  You should totally contact me so we can parkour together!

Offline ZenRevolt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »
Honestly I am kinda surprised to see anyone from Conneticut interested in Parkour - but perhaps I just live in the wrong area. Name's Zen, what most people call me because I am the only person in 50 miles that isn't either Protestant or Catholic. In a way I have been doing PK for a while, without ever realizing it or giving it a name, because the cops in my area don't seem to have a sense of humor. It was during one of these impromptu "parkour-but-not-parkour" sessions with a buddy of mine that I even learned PK existed. He was on the other side of a chain fence down an alley, the black and white right behind me, and he was trying to pull the chains up so I could slide under. Instead I kicked off of a dumpster, ran up the alley's wall, and easily cleared the fence. We ran on for a while, all the time practicing my impromptu parkour. When we were in the clear he turned and asked me how long I had been doing Parkour? I asked him what Parkour was. Ever since I have been learning what I can and seeing how it adapts to the style and skill I already have.

I feel I should point out that I am not that bad of a guy. Buddhist, so most illegal activities are off bounds, and a clean living advocate (the only teenager in my town that doesn't get high). But I DJ (often to the dismay of neighbors), I PK (to the dismay of apparently everyone), and have a habit of protesting and tossing bricks through the windows of GAP and Starbucks (to the delight of underage workers in Indochina). I live in South Eastern Conneticut, so I hit Mystic, Stonington, Groton, Waterford, and parts of Rhode Island. Unfortunetely my friend that got me into this (Tom) doesn't live around here and I have had to bring up my other friend Sean (a.k.a Seanstah). He is capable but often not interested... and my slightly younger brother is interested but not really capable of keeping up with us. If anyone ever wants to get together in the area, my e-mail is 'zen_revolutionary@yahoo.com'.

-Zen

Offline nocturnalnachos

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 06:38:21 PM »
New Haven anyone?  email me cyprian333@aol.com

Offline zmaller

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 06:25:48 PM »

yo i think we sould all do some parkour it would be awesome anyone who is interested including chris email me elvislover@gmail.com its a stupid email account

Offline HungAzn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 06:02:09 PM »
Eh, parkour kind of stinks around Conneticut since it is all woods...unless you live in a large city.  I live near Danbury/Newtown and there are NO places here to do it.  Unless you want me to climb on my school roof and get arrested.

Offline Jimmycheese

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 05:13:32 PM »
yo. my name is jake i'm from Norwich. i started parkour not too long ago and haven't mastered much. except the flagpole. my e-mail is lokialo@netscape.net it's a stupid AIM e-mail. also you guys should leave AIM s/ss it's much easier t ocontact that way. maybe we should gte all our names and locales down somewhere? have a big get together somewhere or sometihng

Offline Jay777

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
yo i'm from a place near Danbury,  Ridgefield. where are you near Danbury? You from bethel Hungazn?
Also ZenRevolt i have a similar experience in parkour, i didnt even realize that i was doing it, i really just got stuck in these situations where i applied something like parkour to get out. one time my i got locked in a fenced yard with a rogue dog and had to get out by jumping over this 7 foot fence luckally there was these wood frame work on the fence other wise o would have never go out, in retrospect the dog probably would have not done much but i was scared shitless anyway. I also sometimes find myself looking at building trying to see how it would be possible to get the top of them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:55:37 PM by Jay777 »

Offline Rooster34

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »
New Haven Free-Runner
Hi Name'z Rooster

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
  • "Parkour is a discipline, not a game" -TK-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 06:28:40 PM »
The woods are a great place to train. You have no idea how lucky you really are.
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. " -Michael Jackson

"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing." -Salvador Dali

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Offline deadfoxwrabies

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 07:23:17 AM »
hey im new to PK but after seeing it a coupleo times i got into it.

i livenear greenwich and i know what you mean... trees and flatlands so if any one is interested and lives near greenwich, shoot me an email and we'll try and work something out.

(deadfoxwrabies@yahoo.com)

Offline killersmerf

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 06:59:05 PM »
im matt i live in colchetser connecticut and have been doing parkour for a little while.
i rock climb a lot and love it. when i found out about parkour and seen what people do i was amazed. so i stared doing it myself. if anybody lives near colchester and wants to parkour some time just email me its, xXleon411Xx@yahoo.com.