Author Topic: All Florida Jam  (Read 42061 times)

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
All Florida Jam
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
I know its short notice and not really a NATIONAL jam but its been in the works on the state forums for a while and its definitely a REGIONAL jam.

We're looking to get everyone we can from all corners of the state and anyone else who might be willing to make the trip or be in the area.

ALL FLORIDA JAM!

* December 28th and 29th which is the friday and saturday between christmas and new years with enough time on either side to get here and back and not interfere with holiday plans
    * Everyone is welcome! But we're hoping to use this as a stepping stone for a unified florida parkour community! The more the merrier
    * Anyone who needs a pickup from any local airport or wants to carpool or needs a place to crash just message me on here or get ahold of me on AIM: Atria Ventrica

Friday December 28th

* People arrive, drop off gear
    * Head into downtown tampa
    * Hit the Tampa Art Institute, Raymond James Stadium, and Al Lopez Park (Massive MASSIVE Wooden playscape)
    * Possible night gym jam in brandon/House Party

Saturday December 29th

* University of South Florida
    * ... what? What else do you want? That place is amazing. Go watch one of CrazyRicans videos. Seriously. Shoo.

AND THATS IT!

Make it for one day! Make it for two! If you have a choice come on the saturday because USF is a warm no hassle place that will keep everyone busy!

If you're down for the holidays, its no more than 4 hours from ANY point in florida so stop on by. If you're in the south and want to make the journey, feel free. If you need more information or a pick up or place to crash let me or CrazyRican know!

Thanks for your time and we'll see you there!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:08:59 PM by ara_v_q »
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline SofaKingJack

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • women kill me.
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: All Florida Jam
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:45:24 AM »
i live in orlando if there is a jam session i want to be apart of it keep up with me # 3214022596 just let me know your a traceur
- Jack

Offline Nicholas

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »
Yeah, I'm living in West Palm now, but if it looks like a good number of people get excited about this, count me in for sure.  I'd be willing to carpool with other people in the area too if it looks like driving will be a problem for some. Also, have you tried overflux.com yet?   It's a pretty inactive florida board most of the time but it's definitely worth a shot.
I hear, I forget. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.

Offline swamphorse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »
I would love this! Also, I think making it a traveling jam would be cool. Give us all a chance to show off our home courses and enjoy each other's hospitality! Count me in!

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 06:19:48 PM »
Yeah so are you guys from orlando or miami willing to trek out to tampa one weekend maybe in a month or two? Anyone who wants to can crash at my house if need be.
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 12:06:06 PM »
Hey if anybody needs a ride I would be more then welcome to car pool as well! (813) 325-0275 (Danny) As for the areas that Tampa has to offer here is a video of just 1/8th of our spots just on campus alone!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ca6qlrvvRY    (This video is of me and a fellow team member!)
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline SofaKingJack

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • women kill me.
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:21:02 AM »
yea im down and i can car pool with soimeone if needs be both wrists are tore up right now so 2 months would be ideal for me just keep up with me i work A LOT
- Jack

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 08:18:13 AM »
Ok we need to get some more people together! I know there are more traceurs in florida then this!!!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline swamphorse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 03:34:21 PM »
Let's get a date set and then start feeling out the number of people that can make it. I will drive from Ocala for this.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 10:34:32 PM »
Ok tomorrow I will make sure to see what the best bet on a date would be!

Offline mbheagle1444

• Patas
  • "I call it... the Grif cannon" - Sarge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 11:05:04 AM »
i'm in

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 01:56:10 AM »
Ok I need to hear some more insight from other members around florida!!!!!!

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 04:53:31 AM »
Yeah...we also need to find about how many to expect and how long you guys have been at it just for curiosity

We just need to find a good date.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »
I'm thinking the friday and saturday between christmas and new years. everyones off and thats enough time on either side to not interfere with either holiday. What do you all think?

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 06:07:05 AM »
i guess...where is it gonna be? here in tampa?

...its gonna be too cold...
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 06:50:17 AM »
what about around thanksgiving time?? We stil need some input from more members in the florida area!!

Offline Nicholas

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »
Yeah I think that if you do it between Christmas and New Years at least everybody will be off of school at that time.  Tampa would be great for me locationally speaking as well, as opposed to Orlando or someplace on the east coast. 

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 12:29:39 PM »
ok so then december it is! I just hope that it wont be too cold! But even if it is I will just make sure im dressed for the weather! Now we just have to set a definite date for this! Is everybody ok with tampa being the Jam spot? Any other input would help out a lot!

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 03:35:52 PM »
Yeah the first jam is gonna be a 2 day event here in tampa. Friday is gonna be Al Lopez, Raymond James, and Downtown and the Saturday will be USF. Every few months we'll have a different city host the jam and gather as a community to see how we've improved and keep lines of thought and communication open.

Offline Nicholas

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »
Wonderful. Finally there are a few of us here in west palm that are getting in touch with each other so we may have a small group making the trip over if all goes as I hope it will!