Author Topic: The Snaps Jar  (Read 95843 times)

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: The Snaps Jar
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2008, 05:03:00 AM »
Snaps to David, Alex, and Andy for helping to motivate my car when I was running low on gas.
Snaps to everyone who gave me constructive criticism and encouragement, especially with the wall runs at the metro station.

Dude, no prob. It was fun talking to you, with the occasional car pushing...

Snaps to you for having a tiny, weightless car, haha.

~Andy
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline oranges

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2008, 05:11:36 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-aJOjw_mc

that snap was to MUSE OF FIRE for being a teacher   this world needs more teachers    the bad news is that kid made you guys 10% gayer

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:31:53 PM by oranges »
Hide your babies!

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »
I think you should take in consideration you posted the video, so........ ;D
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2008, 09:19:24 PM »
Snaps to...

Ozzi for being such a positive force for parkour in general, and for being so positive on APK.

M2 for hosting the Women's Seminar at Primal, and also for all he has done for parkour this side of the Atlantic. There's a lot of good he does for the discipline that's "invisible"/that we don't see, and yet we are better off for it. Whether we realize it or not, a lot of us are where we are (individually and collectively) in a large part because of his efforts.

Amanda, Laurie, and Janine for being such amazing teachers at the Women's Seminar. I learned sooooo much from observing all of you. You are incredible teachers and traceuses.

Leon, for being so supportive and friendly, and for eating my cookies (and for giving me a reason to bake them in the first place). Also, for helping me with some things for my classroom. This means more than you can imagine.

Chris Salvato, BobT, ChadManX, & Steve Low for keeping people fit and injury free on the forums. These guys always can be counted on to give the straight dope on food and fitness.

Jesse for coming up with the WOD every day.

Ryan for everything he is doing in Colorado, to "legitimize" parkour and also to deliver consistent, excellent training to the people in his community.

Levi for being an inspiration.

Cloud and Ando and all of Aero/Chicago parkour for being so welcoming and supportive to Madison in our infancy.

Muhammad and Nick and all of PK Horizons for working so tirelessly not only on the PK Generations event but also on establishing parkour as a serious discipline in Ohio and beyond.

Tyson, for carrying the weight.

The guys in Toronto, for their dedication to excellence.

TK17, for keeping us honest.

Chad, for being there.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:21:18 PM by Muse_of_Fire »
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Hannah W

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2008, 08:09:55 AM »
snaps to ozzi and hawaiipk/urbancurrent for having the best tutorials!

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2008, 05:23:25 PM »
Snaps to Zac for including Madison in his summer tour, and for sharing his wisdom and experience during his stay. We learned a LOT from him. Super-snaps to Zac also for helping out with our first training session with Girls, Inc. today. It was a huge success and I think we owe a lot of that to what Zac contributed to the planning and the execution of the session.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline EpicMovement

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
-Snaps to the amazing people on APK

-Snaps to David Belle.

-And snaps to the dude who made this vid.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qHO8l-Bd1O4

Offline Chance B.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2008, 02:02:16 PM »
Snaps to Ozzi and Mark and the rest of the good people on this forum: the main reason I keep coming back. Glad there are so many nice supportive people out here.
Run free or die a captive.

OldDog

I like Bike-Skates

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2008, 09:45:13 AM »
These first three snaps are very special to me, I can't thank these people enough, they've helped me to no end:
Snaps to Steve Low for putting me on the right path of actually understanding exercise physiology, diet, and for always helping everybody else in the general fitness section.
Snaps to Chris Salvato for putting me on the right path for diet, as well as helping with exercise physiology and planning a workout routine. Not to mention always helping everyone else, too.
Snaps to Charles Moreland for doing the same: Information on exercise/diet/etc. (and especially running form)

Snaps to all of them for putting up with my stupid questions all the damn time, and not getting too bothered with me.

Snaps to Mark Rippetoe for being a f#cking genius, and making such an amazing book. (Again, snaps to the above three for pointing me towards such an amazing book.)

Snaps to M2 for making such a powerful site, holding it together, putting up with bullshit, and respecting us all the same.

Snaps to Jesse Rosenburg (and his parents) for hosting everyone at the New York jam. Snaps to him for being an awesome traceur in general, he flows like water (pardon the oh-so-repeated cliché word usage.)

Snaps to Jereme Sanders (and parents) for hosting everyone at the Texas Jam. Snaps to him for being awesome.

Snaps to Muse for being so devoted to helping people out, having such great cooking ideas, and being a nice person in general.

Snaps to the APK community, whether we're yelling at each other, or giving each other high fives, the fact that we ARE a community, and a strong one, is very important towards everyone's progression and general having-a-good-time.

Snaps to everyone that yelled at me when I posted my very first video a little over a year ago, telling me to not be such a dumbass (too many bigger drops), and setting me on the right path.

Snaps to Levi for kicking ass at Ninja Warrior, being a good-spirited person, and being from Michigan. =P

Snaps to Zac Cohn for doing a sweet round-the-country trip over the summer, keeping everyone updated and supplying us all with write-ups and videos. And being a sarcastically funny son of a bitch.

I'm sure there are many, many more. But I can't think of everyone right now.

Snaps to everyone that I've ever met at a jam and jammed with, to everyone whose topics I've posted on, or who posted on my topics.
Snaps to all of us.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:47:14 AM by KC "Chicago" Parsons »

Hyper_Mode

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2008, 05:24:54 PM »
Kudos to:

Levi Meeuwenburg

Tyson Checka

Cionn

Ozzi

Thanks so much for everything guys!!!  ;D

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »
You guys make me blush, please stop it. JK keep them going it feeds me ;D

But seriously thanks. It is the love for the art and the desire to be an useful member of this great community.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Jon Hurst

• Patas
  • cuerpo fuerte, mente sano
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2008, 11:11:26 AM »
Snaps to Zac and Adam for coming out to Camp Agape this summer to work with the kids.
Snaps to Adam for training with kids in Easton.

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2008, 02:06:41 PM »
Snaps to everyone who has put up their ideas and submissions for APK's symbol, it's working out great so far ;D
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2008, 09:48:59 PM »
Snaps to Chris Salvato.

You're awesome. Like, awesomely awesome.Yea yea, you say you don't know anything compared to other guys, but you have helped me and countless other people out there. Pure awesomeness.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 08:26:22 AM »
Snaps to Chris Salvato.

You're awesome. Like, awesomely awesome.Yea yea, you say you don't know anything compared to other guys, but you have helped me and countless other people out there. Pure awesomeness.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

QFT

Offline ATK PK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »
MAD snaps to Chris Salvato and Charles Moreland, they took me out of my body building workout and helped me make a workout that would better suit me and my advancement in parkour. They even listened to mah noobyness about my dilema. so Snaps upon props upon thanks to them!

Also snaps to Jason@fiveten, his knowledge of the stealth compelled me to buy freerunnners, which are the best shoes I have ever worn. (some may disagree with the best part)
"The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win" -Bobby Knight

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2008, 05:41:07 PM »
Wow. I guess I don't get to "socialize" much :)

First off, thanks for the snaps, I'm touched, and this comes at a time when I could use it.

Second, I'm afraid I can't name anyone, doing so would be unfair to the 100's of other awesome people who deserve snaps.

But, it would be unfair not to mention some people too. I'll stick to people most of you know, or should know.

Jesse- holds a lot of shit together and allows me to do a lot of things that I could never do without him
Skipper - the same, and also for tirelessly putting up with me changing my mind on what's important. I'll be in by 10.
Frosti - my voice of reason - or at least a little bit of reason :)

David Belle - for the initial inspiration and leading the way
Sebastien - fro more inspiration and showing another way

the tribe guys - for inspiring the hell out of me and making my work have some value, and giving me something to do with my life

the alliance guys - unsung heroes whose day in the sun will come

Steven Low - this one should be obvious :)

Muse - don't think I need to put anything here :)

The people who train at Primal, and the people who help at Primal, especially Rob, but also Amanda, Salil, Eugene and Pilou

I'm going to run out of time, I knew it.

There are 100's of people who make my life enjoyable, and there is no way to give you all enough snaps to show my appreciation - but trust, it's there.

The people who train hard - harder than most, with slower results. Keep at it.

The people who have learned and gained from me or this site, you give me purpose.

My wife is a saint.

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Tom "Hayabusa" Johnson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Self-training wanna-be from Guam...lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »
Snaps to...everybody.  Everybody?  Everybody...lol.

This community is a fantastic asset to traceurs and freerunners of all levels, and I'm proud to be a part of it, and I hope I can contribute by extending the knowledge I've gained here to others.

Snaps to the big names:
-Mark Toorock for creating this online PK Mecca, and all the moderators that keep this place up and running
-Ozzi for his comprehensive tutorials, and the HawaiiPK team in general for showing me an island isn't such a bad place to learn PK...lol
-Charles Moreland and Chris Salvato for all the diet and exercise advice they've given me and countless others(I'm now down to 226 lbs. from the 235 I was when I first signed up for the site 3 weeks ago.)
-Jereme Sanders for showing me that you really can train ANYWHERE
-Muse, for inadvertently teaching me the value of a good post-workout stretch
-My roof, for giving me somewhere to do pull-ups.
-My island, for being there for me to explore
-My dog Lucky, who forced me to invent new forms of QM while I was trying to dodge him during my training
-My ankles, for giving me so much support over the years(har har)
-All of you....AGAIN!  I really do appreciate all I've gained here.  Thanks can't ever say enough...:)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."

-Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline WandererInGray

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Katy Wagers
    • View Profile
    • KalisHonor.net
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
Snaps to Muse for not only starting this thread but being such a huge inspiration and great support! :)
"As you go forward into your life you will come upon a great chasm.
Jump.
It is not as wide as you think."

-Native American Saying

Offline Casquinha

• Mangabey
  • Dan Handley --- formerly "CommandoChicken"
    • View Profile
    • Joke Pizza
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2008, 09:09:10 PM »
Snaps to Muse for such a positive thread.

Snaps to lauriejennifer for hanging out and jamming with a beginner like me when nobody else showed up.
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave no trace." -- A much better version