Author Topic: PARKOUR IN A NEW VIDEO GAME  (Read 4308 times)

Offline rugbyanton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • im a jumping beaner
    • View Profile
PARKOUR IN A NEW VIDEO GAME
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:09:53 PM »
wat up! its me rugbyanton havent been on APK in forever. so any ways i was just looking at the most recent Game Informer and i was reading up on this game calle Prototype. the game looks and sounds amazing. but one thing i found out is that the people who made the game new what parkour was and made the main character as acrobatic and agile as a traceur. i was shocked. i liked the game before but now since its going to have some parkour in it I LOVE IT NOW!!!
if u guys r interested in hearing more about this game visit gamespot.com or gameinformer.com.
Love and Play Rugby
Live Parkour

Offline ddr_hero

• Guenons
  • HERF DERF
    • View Profile
Re: PARKOUR IN A NEW VIDEO GAME
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 11:58:20 PM »
yeah. they had a article about it in this month's game informer. i think you may have to eat a tracur to gain parkour knowledge. that's how you earn skills. eat people for their knowledge!
I SURE CAN'T WAIT TO POST ON THE INTERNETS!

Offline Canavi

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 03:21:49 AM »
yeah. they had a article about it in this month's game informer. i think you may have to eat a tracur to gain parkour knowledge. that's how you earn skills. eat people for their knowledge!

Wait, are you serious?
North Carolina Parkour/Free running
www.ncparkour.com

Offline Matthew Menze

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 08:24:42 AM »
Oh yes...Same is true of animals...and inanimate objects...I drink lake water to gain it's power while I am frying up some cheetah for the speed. Yum.
"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself
 between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. "

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »
Wait.....Frying Cheetah  ??? ???
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Matthew Menze

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 11:00:01 AM »
Hey, thats a good idea...We could fry YOU Cheetah along with the other cheetah for flavor, and learn some more moves too!

Good idea man! See you for dinner. :D

Matt
 between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. "

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 11:21:06 AM »
You couldn't......

“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Matthew Menze

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 06:35:04 AM »
Yum.

Matt

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 08:01:39 AM »
would eating that cat make me cute? lol
GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment...

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 08:23:35 AM »
 :'(

Offline Matthew Menze

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 10:00:11 AM »
Possibly, or it could make you hairy and shed excessively...Either way, they taste delicious. And are high in protein for the budding traceur.

Matt

Offline plasmagrey

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 10:57:10 AM »
I liked this game the first time I played it when it was called KIRBY'S ADVENTURE.

Offline ddr_hero

• Guenons
  • HERF DERF
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
some skims from the article
-summed up- "Exact Quote"
-parkour is supposed to be so natural, that you don't even have to press a button for every action.-
"THe ability to cover gorund and the verticality in an enviroment like manhatten is astounding in this game" Benson says.  Eschewing the trditional platforming ideology that a player needs to press a buton for every action on screen, Mercer(the player?) areacts to the players movement automatically to a players movement intent, Leaving the controler open for more complex movements like combat and implementation of powers"
"literaly splits a pedestrian in two"
-you can take take form of other people, ad hide that way-
-milatary tries to Bullet rush you, Vtech style, you grw an exoskeleton and tear them apart.-
-it's the military vs viral epidemic that turns people into monsters vs you-
-the enriroment deforms, new ways to move emerge.-
-different neighborhoods, different forces controlling them.you can change the balance, and or watch them clash. as in the gam will move on. with or without you.-
-eat people for their skills. eat a sniper to get good at sniping. eat a tank driver to know how to drive a tank.-
-you get night vision-
-will have online co-op, or vs if you're a dick.-
-online co-op only achevivements are planned-
-might not be able to drive regular cars, as the team considers them too boring to be bothered with when there is parkour and tanks and jets and helicoptors.-
"when massive explosions rock a building to the ground, the smoke and debris won't simply fade away and leave behind a tiny decal. ... huge plumes of smoke will rise from a grenade blast. Dust from an airstrike half a block away will sweep up towards you untill it overtakes your location and you find yourself temopraliarly walking blind. these effects will not always remain hours after the game, but in the imediate aftermath, a given city block can become positively devistated."

get this months issue for some kick ass pis of the game. the website says it's aiming for a sept. 2008 release

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 10:32:26 PM »
Why on earth did you admins get rid of the spell checker  :o   ;)

That sounds really cool, yet I don't like how violent they have made parkour.  I just hope this doesn't make more people (and parents) look down upon the parkour community. 

Offline Jumanji

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 08:37:09 AM »
DOONT EAT THE KITTY CHEETAH!

Offline Aperion89

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 04:46:07 PM »
"As to the whole eating people to gain their knowledge/experience the games character has a power called biomass-manipulation
similar to if any of you have ever seen the movie John Carpanters the Thing the main character of prototype is similar to the monster of that movie in that after killing someone and absorbing their mass you become stronger and denser and also gain all their memories and abillities."
"Please stand by"

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 07:55:02 AM »
get this months issue for some kick ass pis of the game. the website says it's aiming for a sept. 2008 release

Mmm, just about the same time as Starcraft 2 8)

"As to the whole eating people to gain their knowledge/experience the games character has a power called biomass-manipulation
similar to if any of you have ever seen the movie John Carpanters the Thing the main character of prototype is similar to the monster of that movie in that after killing someone and absorbing their mass you become stronger and denser and also gain all their memories and abillities."

Will they have flashback-style cinematic scenes to unfold the plot as you sift through their memories?

Tracking down otherwise unimportant NPC's to glean some vital knowledge from their minds . . . or just add some color to the world . . . sounds like a sensible mechanic to me!
I give you this:
I will never view my fellow traceurs as a springboard.

Offline ddr_hero

• Guenons
  • HERF DERF
    • View Profile

Offline Jumanji

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 09:37:07 AM »
YEah, the game seems like it is going to be hot.  As long as the viewpoint is straight and no major glitches. It seems like it will be a solid game